Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sindragosa scheme

+2
Lillknekten
Teshija
6 posters

Go down

Sindragosa scheme Empty Sindragosa scheme

Post  Teshija Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:02 am

Sindragosa scheme Sindra10

Ok here it goes. Ill try and keep it simple as possible disregarding most of the bosses abilities and focus on positioning.
I would like to have 3 helaers/5DPS instead of 2/6 setup we had so far. And I would like to see all the raid get alive through enrage timer. It does not matter how many HPs she will have left all I wont to see from the first time is all are alive through ten minutes and only 1 iceblock up at any given time in the P3. When all of us survive P3 and enrage timer we can adapt better. Worrying about DPS and bringing her down does NOT work. So this is what I propose we do:

P1. Tanking boss in the middle or nearer the stairs but position her as it is shown on the image. Raid WILL BE on top of each other measured by melee range of her hitbox hittimg at her hind legs. This is important practice for P3. Whomever screws up on this and wonders off will pay 10g penaltay in the guild bank. This penalty rule is implemented becouse there really is no sound reason to fail at this. Exceptions for this are hunters and tanks healer for obvious reasons. I am aware we might loose a chunck of DPS here but it will be for practice sake.

P2. Boss lifts up, and all run to the stairs, use your abilites whatever they are to get there ASAP (for example I use intervene). 2 persons who get the marks run to the bottom and wait. When blocks are up raid is divided between the two and hiding behind them, DPSing them down and keeping in mind line of sight to the bombs.

P3. Positioning as practiced in P1. Marked player will run towards the head and stay somwhere in the hight of her front legs. NOBODY ELSE MOVES. When player is blocked all run out of LoS and all DPS down the block till 20%. When the buff is down just kill it off. Return to the boss. Tanks switch.

P3'. Positioning is the same as was left in P3. Marked player will run to the hind legs then back to the original position of the raid. NOBODY ELSE MOVES. When player is blocked all run out of LoS and all DPS down the block till 20%. When the buff is down to 1 sec just kill it off. Return to the boss. Tanks switch.

If we get this right with all of us alive we can try and see what and where we can improve. Moving is essential and 3rd healer will come in handy until we get it layed down. When we do if the DPS is lacky we will return to 2 healers setup.

Your thoughts!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Sindragosa scheme Empty Re: Sindragosa scheme

Post  Lillknekten Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:22 am

looking forward to try to get her, sounds intresting, will read up on tactics and watch some videos.

Canīt comment on your tactics but seems like you have spent a lot of time thinking of this

Donīt like the penalty idea

Will be prepared ;-)

Lillknekten

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:25 am

Lillknekten wrote:

Donīt like the penalty idea

Will be prepared ;-)

Its meant as a joke, but just wanted to be sure people are taking that seriously.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:29 am

Nice one mate Smile If everyone will follow this guide we will take her down on 1st try Wink It just requires 100% focus and discipline on this encounter. It's not a DPS race but survivability fight. If you chase dps meter you'll make a mistake sooner or later. We're good enough on dps to not worry about enrage timer imo so all stay frosty and focus on what you're doing Wink
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:02 am

You forget that she drops two ice blocks during phase 3, one a few seconds after the other.
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:24 am

Twila wrote:You forget that she drops two ice blocks during phase 3, one a few seconds after the other.

Ohoh someone made a bobo....now shes gona blow.... Sindragosa scheme 746795

Hehe all kidding aside Great work Tesh and i do like the entusiasum we have here...Smile. Lets keep it up and lets down this Bi**h...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:15 am

Twila wrote:You forget that she drops two ice blocks during phase 3, one a few seconds after the other.

From what I've seen on tankspot movie they had only 1 ice block at a time. Probably if you burn it down fast enough you never have 2 Smile Problem is to change people mind set and force them to focus fire on tombs instead of boss Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:17 am

I also saw one in movies and in our raids, with exception of another one being close to marked person or people taking to long to kill off blocks. Might be wrong couse more then half of our tries had nose poked in Sindragosas face.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:21 am

Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sindragosa scheme Empty Re: sindragosa

Post  gorhq Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:50 am

Hey there riders, just a thing we do in my other guild reguarding sindragosa. We use the setup tesh mentioned, that is 3 healers, 2 tanks 5 dps, but the 'third' healer doesnt do much healing until p3, when it really gets tough with healing what with tanks needing to switch and suchlike. The thing we do is I (a disc priest) has my healing specc and gear but do practically no healing in p1 and p2, I did some shadow word pain, devouring plague and smited till she bleed! In p3 I switch to healing to help our druid and shammy out.

best of luck, kayila.

gorhq

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillknekten Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:51 am

Have read more about the encounter now.

Looks like many are using frost resistance gear, and potions to protect from frost resistance.

Did you use that?

Since you have done many tries and died, what killed you?

The strategy doesnīt seems to hard but as always it is not the same thing to read about it Very Happy

Lillknekten

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:38 am

Eeeeh Sindragosa......few more tires and she will have more doomed rider kills then lifts in ICC.

Well making a special set of frost resistance gear aint so cheap. The mats for the gear pieces themselves are not all that expensive but enchants and gems certanly are. Was looking at mats/gems/enchants needed and it should be between 2-3 K gold. I may speak for myself and say I have played on AH these last to days and scrounged up some gold to make full frost resistance set, gemmed with nothing but stamina gems, since 90% of her damage is frost and very little is physical. So most likley if we fail once again Ill make frost gear (it ll be easy since I have both BS and JC) and we can even try 1 tank strategy that way. But to ask of every member to have it is a bit too much.

More so it can be done on regular way. IMO most important thing for this fight really is for all to stay alive. I was monitoring couple of tries where all were still alive and respecting the strategy and fight goes extreamly well - by that I mean her HP go down slow but steady with more then 2 mins to enrage. When one fails at it, raid is doomed basicly.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillknekten Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:53 am

Thank you for your answer

This is a thred of people talking about the same thing
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24262410584&sid=1

Is DPS a problem? Thinking of getting some frost resistance gear but DPS will then go down some.

Lillknekten

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:19 am

DPS on all our tries was OK i bealive even with Buculus which was not that well geared for DPS.

We got her down to 20ish percent with more then 2 minutes remaining. Still plenty of time. And dont forgat that towards the end you can really just sacrifice one or two to the iceblocks and nuke like mad.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum