Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruby sanctum - whats waiting for us

5 posters

Go down

Ruby sanctum - whats waiting for us Empty Ruby sanctum - whats waiting for us

Post  Teshija Tue May 11, 2010 3:58 am

http://www.wowhead.com/zone=4987#article

There you go. Keep youselves tuned.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Ruby sanctum - whats waiting for us Empty Re: Ruby sanctum - whats waiting for us

Post  Leannah Tue May 11, 2010 8:57 am

nice going... Ruby sanctum - whats waiting for us 342285
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ruby sanctum - whats waiting for us Empty Re: Ruby sanctum - whats waiting for us

Post  Teshija Fri May 21, 2010 1:18 am

Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:21 am

If you read and understand the below before you enter the Ruby Sanctum raid you should have very good idea of the tactics.. Doesn't take more than 5-6 minutes and beats the hell out of 10 wipes.. Smile

Maybe consider reading this first and then watch the video after.. Smile

Hallion abilities

Phase 1 - Physical Realm

Meteor Strike
Deals 75000 to 85000 Fire damage to enemies within 12 yards. The Meteor lands after a few seconds and shoots lines of fires throughout the area. In heroic mode, it also spawns a Living Inferno add. (Meteor Strike)

Flame Breath
Inflicts 39375 to 50625 Fire damage to enemies in a cone in front of the caster. 45 yd range. 2 sec cast.

Fiery Combustion
Engulfs an enemy target in flame, dealing 4000 Fire damage every 2 sec. Every time Fiery Combustion deals damage, it generates a Mark of Combustion charge on the target. When Combustion fades or is dispelled, it unleashes a patch of fire proportional in size to the number of charges present at the time. Either curse or magic removal may cleanse this affliction.

Combustion
Deals 7000 to 9000 Fire damage and causes an additional 2000 Fire damage every 2 sec to targets that remain within the explosion area. 6 yards radius.

Phase 2 (75% Health) - Twilight Realm

Dusk Shroud
An aura of twilight energy emanates from the caster, causing nearby enemies to suffer 6000 Shadow damage every 2 sec. Affects all player in the Twilight Realm.

Twilight Cutter
Fires a beam of concentrated twilight energy, dealing massive Shadow damage to any enemies that make contact with it. The Twilight Cutter beam is created by the two spheres rotating around the area during the Twilight Realm Phase. The beam lasts 10 seconds and appears every 30 seconds.

Dark Breath
Inflicts 39375 to 50625 Shadow damage to enemies in a cone in front of the caster. 45 yds. 2 sec cast

Soul Consumption
Engulfs an enemy target in dark energy, dealing 4000 Shadow damage every 2 sec. Every time Soul Consumption deals damage, it generates a Mark of Consumption charge on the target. When Consumption fades or is dispelled, it unleashes a dark explosion proportional to the number of charges present at the time. Either curse or magic removal may cleanse this affliction.

Consumption
Deals 8750 to 11250 Shadow damage every second to targets within 6 yards.

Phase 3 (50% Health) - Corporeality

Corporeality
In the last phase of the fight, Halion opens portals to the Physical and Twilight realms and the raid has to split to fight him in both phases. He starts with 50% Corporeality, the % goes up and down depending on how much damage Halion takes in both realms, if you deal a lot of damage in the physical realm he will start dealing and taking less damage in the Twilight realm, and vice versa.

The goal in this last phase of the fight is to balance the amount of DPS in both realms to make sure the Corporeality % stays between 40 and 60%.

Video:

Last edited by Berg on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:44 am

Ruby Sanctum is there now - when are we going? Razz Tonight? Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:11 am

I think its up for tonight..Smile

Hmm i cant see the Video...Sad
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:36 am

Didn't realize Tesh's video has been removed.. I've edited my post above and added a direct link to the video I watched on Youtube..
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:10 am

Well Tactic vice from what i seen and read here i dont think it will be that hard aslong as all know what to do. I guess we at least need to go whit a 2 tanks and 2 healer setup. The ting is to balance DPS in P3 we maybe should aim at 6 DPS in total.

Any thoughts here?
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanla Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:05 am

Leannah wrote: Well Tactic vice from what i seen and read here i dont think it will be that hard aslong as all know what to do. I guess we at least need to go whit a 2 tanks and 2 healer setup. The ting is to balance DPS in P3 we maybe should aim at 6 DPS in total.

Agreed here, first glance says that healing won't be that difficult tbh, if everyone knows how to move from time to time Smile
Shanla
Shanla

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:50 pm

Well i Think the 2 Tanks 2Healer setup work but as Shanla said i think 2 raidhealers are best to have sins ther will not be that much heavy dmg when we get all the timings right. Which i believe we did in the last try...Smile

Anyways im posting some Preliminary tactics here so everyone who want to give this raid a try plz read up on it...Smile Also be sure to read Bere earlier post about here abilitys...Smile

The Ruby Sanctum: Halion Strategy and Tactics Guide
Halion - Boss Health: 25 Man = 45 Million, 10 Man = 18 Million.

HELION PHASE 1 MECHANICS

Halion has 3 phases, a straight forward mechanic and plenty of abilities. One you understand the fight it's not as hard as it looks. First of all as usual remember she is a Dragon and she has FLAME BREATH so dont stand in front of her as you will get caught in the Frontal Cone AoE.

She also has a FIRE BALL that will hit the ground and spread fire, you can see where it will land as there will be a marking on the floor before it hits, simply move out the way.

The third mechanic/ability involves the player getting a DEBUFF this player needs to RUN AWAY from the raid team, get the debuff removed by a player and will then drop NASTY SHITE on the floor, the longer the debuff lasts before being cleansed the bigger the NASTY SHITE. So easy to remember, Get Debuff = Run Away and shout out for a cleanse.

HELION PHASE 2 MECHANICS

At 75% health Helion will vanish and everyone will need to head into the Void Portal, once inside you will start phase 2. At this point there will be constant AoE damage to the raid and also at periodic times 2 orbs will spawn that arc beams to Halion, thetank will need to rotate the boss so that the raid can move out of these beams and not get caught in the Cleave or Cone Breath while at the same time continuing to DPS.

In this Phase there will also be a DEBUFF similar to the one in P1 that needs to be dispelled

HELION PHASE 3 MECHANICS

At 50% you will need to send some DPS and some heals out through the NEW portal where they will DPS her from the other realm. At this point its basically balancing the dps both inside and outside the portal to make sure that she stays in both states thus allowing all your DPS to take her down. If you dont have two DPS teams running, one inside and one outside the portal then Halion will begin to fade to the other realm where she can regenerate, so it's vital your DPS teams are balanced well.

During Phase 3, those outside will deal with Phase 1 mechanics and those inside will deal with Phase 2 mechanics.

Two more things i like to add here sins we will be 2 groups in P3 the best thing is if the tank that will be tanking the drake outside the portal, or fire drake, will tank the drake in P1 and the tank tanking the drake inside the portal, or shadow drake, will tank him in P2. This because then there will be no difference between P2 and P3 for the "shadow" tank and the "fire" tank will have time to get rdy for P3.

Second thing is that we should try to place the AoE-zones from the DEBUFFS as far out as we can sins there will be 2 AoE-zones up at the same time and if those are placed badly inside the portal, or at shadow drake. Then when we need to run from beam we might need to run right in to it.

Regardless i feel we have this sins it was the beams that killed us in the end but at the last try Sil did an excellent job placing the shadow drake...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:56 am

Well first of all I cant view the video that Beregen posted. In case there are any more like me:
http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?68490-Ruby-Sanctum-Halion

Now, what I identified as problems so far and how to go around them if not through them:

Phase 1. Nothing realy works as a charm

Transition P1/P2. No one touches the Halion til shadow tank got his threat on him

Phase 2. Basicly its all about avoiding the orbs beam. Watch out for orbs and when emote comes that they have stated to crackle with energy DROP ALL what you were doing and watch out for beam. If you manage to get few instant jabs at halion excellent if not; well the point is staying alive. Most of us got this right with few individual hickups, but all in all this is not the problem right now.

Transition P2/P3. This is where the panic starts. There is no room for panic. Time is on our side on this fight. IMO we die here first few people die in shadow realm trying to get most of it which results in slopinnes and death. We loose 2-3 raid members here. Unnacaptable really couse its nothing different than what was happening 1 minute ago. Then physical tank die couse halion is at 70 - 80% in physical realm which results in 30-60 % increased dmg, which WILL lead to tanks death.

So the solution is again all drop what you were doing with exception of tanks and healers ofc. Look out to stay alive, stay in tight groups. When Halion emotes all just drop DPSing till physical team is set up. ON shadow side Halion has DOTs on him as it is. This is the time when 5 of the shadow team should look out to stay alive and when physical team should set up the fight. When the physical team is set they give signal to go.

Then there is a number in the top middle of the screen. It will vary but ideally it should be 50%. I wont go over mechanics here couse really who give a crap about that. Main thing what you need to remember is this:

That number represent how strong is he in physical or in shadow realm. If the number goes over to 60% or higher then he is stronger in physical realm and deals more dmg to physical tank. Thus SHadow team DPS should stop DPSing. If the number drops to 40% or lower more dmg is on the shadow tank. This time Physical DPS should stop DPSing.
To Lea: Loot table is waaaay down at the end!
http://www.wowwiki.com/Halion
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:18 am

Just wanna put my 2 cents in here.. Almost the same as Tesh said though, but from a healer's point of view..

On the transition between phase 2 and 3 everyone should just stop dmg until tanks are rdy.. The reason for this is that if on realm do a lot more dmg than the other then the tank will also take even bigger hits and will in the end be impossible to heal..

This is what wiped on the last few tries when we actually survived the realm switch otherwise.. On the transition there was no dps on fire realm because everyone was moving through portal, but since shadow group is still going strong in shadow realm it left Tesh with some enormous hits on the first 15-20 seconds..

So I'd say we all stop dps when p3 start and then we either let fire tank call out when dps is okay or we do some countdown before we start dps..
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:15 am

Sounds good i think we should do a complete stop of DPS in the shift pf P2 and P3. As it is now DPS is no problem in fact i feel she/he is rather soft and DPS here down will not be a problem however surviving is. So imo i think for next try lets do all we can to mitigate dmg to the cost of DPS and see where we get...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:05 am

Well i dont know if you made this already or if you planing a run tonight...Smile

Regardless i will be back on Monday and then i be on my own gaming rig for at least a few weeks so im definitely up for a try on Tuesday or maybe Wednesday, depending on when Moo Ulduar raid is...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:23 pm

i found this video rather usefull...Smile

Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Also sins DPS is not realy a problem here maybee we should consider 3 healers. What do you bere and shanla think about that?

Yes the DPS will be a bit unbalence but its not unthinkable we lose 1 or more DPS if we just go whit 2 healers and then we are unbalance either way...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:57 am

Nice one Lea Smile We could try with 3 healers. And I think it (what was mentioned in video) would be useful for fire tank and his healer to not enter shadow realm. No need for them there and less to worry about for 2nd (and optionally 3rd) healer. This way fire tank is ready to tank straight when P3 starts and his healer doesn't have to wait for him as both are already where they should be.
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:12 am

Agree but if we leave 1 healer outside i think we need 3 healers in total.
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down