Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be prepared....

+7
Leannah
schaah
Shanla
MooLoove
Berg
Twila
Teshija
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Be prepared.... Empty Be prepared....

Post  Teshija Fri May 21, 2010 5:56 am

Well, as the bulk of my experimenting on poor animals have stopped, I am somewhat free to troll and think of WoW during work hours.

What are you guys doing or planning on doing to prepare for Cataclysm?
Basicly shoot your ideas here, maybe we can pick few of them from each other and such. As it is obvious I am bored.
I have few projects in mind with different priorities depending on time available for game time and/or how far the next expansion is.

Project no1. - amass as much gold as possible. Either with playing on AH or with farming when possible. This plan actually had a good start. I made around 3 K in 2 weeks from buying/selling and now I grinded to a halt with tons of some mats I am trying to sell and no one is buying ATM. Depending on the cash - some of the future projects are on the balance.

Project no2. - level up Stribor. He is my DK I need to get him to 80 and lvl up Mining and engeneering on him. Looking at him as supporting char with one extra proffesion. Somehow I dont see it happen.

Project no3. - level up Nyc as Blacksmith/JC, since apparantly its the best profession choice for Hunters as well, as I want to promote him from support to second main to Tesh. Tesh will still be THE MAIN toon and achivment hunter toon as well. Nyc glorious raiding future in Cata hinges on how Project no2. will play out.

Project no4. - level up Treehorn. Both to lvl 80 and to full fledged herbalist/alchemist. This is going very slow. Plan for him is also support; to stockpile stuff for Tesh and Nyc. Maybe Ill shift him to raids or such as well at some point couse I would like to try a bit of healing myself. The news of killing Tree of life in Cata also killed my mojo for levelling this guy. We wil see what will come along.

Project no5. Give Nyc epic flying. I am too cheap to give it to him. Maybe if Project no1. plays out right and I amass at least 200 k gold Ill give it to him.

I just hope they wont change proffesion benefits all that much in Cata, couse if it turns out I need to respec proffesions one more time on Tesh I am really gonna go bollocks.

As for leveling toons in question - Stribor and Treehorn I figured its easier to lvl them up through the random LFG channel then qusting, since one goes as tank and other as healer waiting is really minimal. Any thoughts on that?

Potential problem I forsee is: which one to level up first when cata hits. Even if all projects fail and I am left with only Tesh and Nyc. Tesh has two crafting professions while Nyc have two gathering proffesions. I want to lvl Up Tesh first to start tanking and gearing for incoming stuff at 85, but that will have a significant drawbacks on his proffs. Or to lvl up nyc first gather all the mats for Tesh and then just lvl up Tesh along with mats for BS and JC. Well if I do well in AH then I wont care pretty much Smile
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Be prepared.... Empty Re: Be prepared....

Post  Twila Fri May 21, 2010 6:20 am

I like your new sig ... Smile
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri May 21, 2010 6:22 am

Twila wrote:I like your new sig ... Smile

And this is why I adore Twila Smile After wall of text he goes I like your sig Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ye I like these much better then previous ones. Cant put all those stats on them but these look better IMO. Same as before Click on them and make your own Smile
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Sat May 22, 2010 2:12 am

Well, I'm almost set with my preparations for Cataclysm.. I've been toying around with different characters as you all know, to figure out which is gonna be my main in Cataclysm, but unless something turns out way different than my expectations I'm gonna stick to my shammy, but probably making his main spec DPS (Elemental) and keep Resto as off spec this time..

As to preparations I'm gonna do dailies the week before Cataclysm, but not handing them in. That way I have 25 completed quest and get a little extra XP boost when Cataclysm hits. A little tip I found a couple of months ago. Smile Other than that I'm saving money, so that I can afford the new things that will be available.

When Cataclysm is out I think I'm gonna see if I can maintain 3 characters kinda the way Lea does with Leannah, Jollyroot and Nizzo. Hate to say this because now he's gonna feel so special Very Happy
I'm gonna try to maintain Beregen (DPS/Healer), Lorandir(DPS) and Dellepude(Tank/DPS) - I also have an idea to keep LW on Lorandir and hope to get some good recipes that can work for all 3. Hopefully others can make use of these as well since we don't have many LW's in the guild Smile

Edit: Btw, don't be surprised if you see me level my mage and hunter as some of the firsts in Cataclysm as well, I need their professions (Mining & Transmute Alchemy) for JC on Beregen Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MooLoove Sat May 22, 2010 3:44 am

Hmm....well I'm gonna farm for as much gold as I can obviously, finish off getting my druids engineering to 450, leveling up my other shaman and making her healer (one of each spec, booyah!) and try and get as many achievements as I can.

I also want to make a worgen with Cat hits, so I'm toying with the idea of making an alliance guild on this realm (not sure if we have one already ?) and I wanna call it "Blessed Riders" Razz

<3
MooLoove
MooLoove

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Sat May 22, 2010 3:56 am

Funny you wanted that name.. We have an alliance guild on Ravenholdt with that exact same name, but no one ever uses it.. Razz
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MooLoove Sat May 22, 2010 4:45 am

Haha I never knew that Razz

<3
MooLoove
MooLoove

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanla Sat May 22, 2010 5:01 am

Haven't really started preparing just for cata, except for lvling my shammy to 80 not too long ago. I had a few ideas as well though.

1 - start to farm mining, as I intend to take BS and Engi on my lock goblin so I'll be needing a lot of mats Smile or I might end up with skinning/LW, yet to be decided

2 - farm emblems to buy all the heirlooms to make that lvling to 85 just a little bit faster Wink

3 -
Berg wrote:As to preparations I'm gonna do dailies the week before Cataclysm, but not handing them in.

This now as well, great tip there Berg Smile

And that's about it, not really a planning ahead guy Sleep Razz
Shanla
Shanla

Back to top Go down

Post  schaah Sun May 23, 2010 1:27 am

Before cataclysm

1. Get my Hunter Uuli up to 80 so i have a high lvl skinner/lw

2. Do all quests in the old world with femia.

2. Farm even more gold so I can go around and despise poor people.

When cataclysm hits:

1. lvl up and skill up Schaah and Femia

2. roll a gnome rogue

3. and ofcourse comtinue despise poor people =)
schaah
schaah

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanla Sun May 23, 2010 4:04 am

schaah wrote:2. roll a gnome rogue

Looks like we have a traitor in our midst Be prepared.... 625610 Be prepared.... 625610 Be prepared.... 625610

Are you sure it isn't supposed to be a goblin.... Suspect Suspect
Shanla
Shanla

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Sun May 23, 2010 10:55 pm

Shanla wrote:
2 - farm emblems to buy all the heirlooms to make that lvling to 85 just a little bit faster Wink

This is excellent idea, never really thought of this!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Mon May 24, 2010 1:01 am

Teshija wrote:
Shanla wrote:

This is excellent idea, never really thought of this!

Just wanna point out that the heirlooms have level range 1-80 on them.. No one really knows if you can use them when you hit level 81 yet, but maybe they'll change it.. Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon May 24, 2010 1:02 am

Well resonable would be to change it, but who knows.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon May 24, 2010 2:22 am

Hmmm as usall im not online during the weekend and then miss a wall of text...Smile

First of all: I do feel special all the time thx bere...Smile but its good to knowe that other think im "special" aswell...Smile

About cataclysum: Well its a tous up realy i tried out everything now and i most say i enjoy DPS the most so i think its most likly i will lvl Lea first. However this also give me the opertunaty lvl up Grim as a hunter...Smile. So i havent desided yett...Smile. Although depending on what players are lvl i might lvl up whatever the guild need sins i have Jolly and Nizzo aswell and in the end i will look at having them all at lvl 85 but at the start it will be only 1 toon and that is most likly a DPS Lea or Grim, most likly Lea...Smile

Im also planing on farming for gold just to have some when cata hits...Smile. Professions well i think i stick to the ones i got although sins Lea have only 2 crafting Proffesions i might need to lvl or atlest farm some whit Nizzo and Jolly aswell...Smile.

Like schaah i will also lvl a Goblyn, i think that is what he ment...Smile, most likly a lock but maybee a rouge...Smile

Well i will think on this some more and keep posting later...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon May 24, 2010 2:53 am

Just one thing about hairlooms - keep in mind that our full T10 gear might be still up to the task at lvl81 and above. Depends how much they gonna change it all. Hairlooms are average quality items - for example on Harkan I got better drops in TBC instances (normal - not HC) than my hairloom chest/trinket. Ofc when I lvl up I'll replace it with hairloom again (unless I'll get better drops) but overall apart from 10% XP buff hairlooms are not that good Smile

They are great to fet you fast to lvl30 or 40 but then drops from instances become better choice Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon May 24, 2010 3:09 am

Its about xp increase not the bestest gear in slot m8. We should replace only shulders and chest to get faster levling!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Happytree Mon May 24, 2010 3:16 am

Sorry to burst your bubbles a bit guys but if you read the heirloom gear it says lvl1-80 and i read a post from blizz a little while ago saying specifically that they dont want levelling gear for lvl80-85 as they want players to enjoy the game more. Also we wont be able to race/faction change to any of the new class/race combos for a while due to the realm/world first to lvl85 achies Sad
Happytree
Happytree

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanla Mon May 24, 2010 3:34 am

Yeah, didn't really think about the fact that 80+ might not be able to use heirlooms, and now that I do think about it, it makes sense. Smile But even though I won't be able to use it on my lvl80 toons, I'll still be using it to lvl my goblin warlock, troll druid and undead hunter so I'm still planning on getting the ones I need Razz
Shanla
Shanla

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon May 24, 2010 5:19 am

Big plans there shanla i hear....Smile. Well as i said i will also lvl a new toon when cata hits but that will be something i have on the back burner. My prioraty nr 1 is to lvl 1 toon to Lvl 80, most likly Lea, and then when im there i will start lvl a new toon or lvl up my other lvl 80s...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serjo Mon May 24, 2010 10:44 am

I'm probably going to quit WoW Smile (I already canceled my subscription which will die, if im not wrong, on July 9th).
Thats' why i spent 5k gold to buy epic flying for my DK and finally "learn" 3 epic mounts i had been idling in bank for ages but that left me with about 1k gold only Smile. I have to say my Blue-Proto-Drake does look cool and ppl envy me! Razz
Fact is that WoW is going to be less interesting to play for me lately, especially because I can't raid but pugging and I'm quite fed up with it.
I consider myself as a privileged guy having been able to play with you in our Guild (as I was in old "Colossus").
We'll have time to greet until July 9th anywaw.

Have you all a great time!

Serjo

Back to top Go down

Post  LordMucifer Mon May 24, 2010 11:47 am

I very sad to hear that Serj Crying or Very sad Mad Shocked
We've known each other for like 4 years now, and I must say that Im rly gonna miss ya (even though I believe that u wont be able to keep ya hands of Cata when it comes out in stores xD ). I can speak for whole 'old Colossus' when I say that Chromaggus will have a big emptyness without ya Wink

Now over to the Cataclysm plans:

I've decided to lvl my Mage to 85 first, and make it main. I'm also gonna lvl my DK (Mucifizer, alt) to 85, and make it tank. I'm also going to get DK PvP gear, and play alil' pvp. I've rly missed tanking here in Wotlk (I've tanked through whole 60- times and TBC with Warrior (Mucifer, alt/main)). Speaking of Warrior, I've decided to keep it on lvl 80. It will just be a fun char to log onto and RP-events.

So what to do be4 Cataclysm comes out:
1) Complete the whole T1 set and get Sulfuron - Hand of Ragnaros to Warrior (ultimate RP gear).
2) Lvl DK to 80.
3) Get decent (like 4800 gs) pvp / pve gear to DK.
4) Aquire about 10k gold, should be enough.

C ya guys in the end of summer =D
LordMucifer
LordMucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  schaah Mon May 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Im very sad to hear your quiting Wow serjo. I have always felt abit of guilt not being able to sign up for your raids (I go to work early and your raid are often quite later in the evening). Hope you change your mind and return to us in the future. Until next time we see you I will think of you absence as just a bit longer as normal AFK.

take care mate
schaah
schaah

Back to top Go down

Post  MooLoove Mon May 24, 2010 12:52 pm

Awwwwww Serjo Sad gonna miss yous! /hug

<33
MooLoove
MooLoove

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Mon May 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Damn.. Really gonna miss you as well, Serjo.. Sad

The minute you decide to come back to wow you better post something in here though.. Wink
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue May 25, 2010 12:12 am

schaah wrote:Im very sad to hear your quiting Wow serjo. I have always felt abit of guilt not being able to sign up for your raids (I go to work early and your raid are often quite later in the evening). Hope you change your mind and return to us in the future. Until next time we see you I will think of you absence as just a bit longer as normal AFK.

take care mate

I couldnt say this better myself and Schaah realy pointed out my thoughts as well.
Whenever we did something together on those rare occasions it was always tremendous fun.

Dont be AFK too long Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum