Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undergeared

3 posters

Go down

Undergeared Empty Undergeared

Post  Akaris Wed May 26, 2010 6:44 am

So an interesting thread an ex-guildie showed me > http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=13517552829&sid=1.

A video example > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfXLDRCxiYI.

Just goes to show that aslong as the raid knows what to do then great gear isn't realy needed...to a point ofc. But does this not show that blizzard has watered down the raid content? Kinda sad and ironic imo.

So all this gearscore and achievement is pure crap.

scratch
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Undergeared Empty Re: Undergeared

Post  Teshija Wed May 26, 2010 6:52 am

Ofc it is Very Happy

Listen to this. I have 5.6k GS which is not the bestest but it is enough for all encounters in 10 man and most in 25 man ICC. Besides the point guy in LFG asked for 5.4 min. He also asked that potential tank has achivment for first 6 bosses in ICC 25. I whisperds him stating I have only 4 but have 10 bosses achi in 10 man. Raid leader refused to take me on. In reality 10 and 25 man tacts aint that different and most of us tanks know tacts inside and out.
Funny thing is one and a half hour later he still searched for one 5.4 k GS, 6 bosses achi tank, 2 heales and 2 dpses for fresh raid. When I whispered him to take me on it was last spot.

Brains are in short supply where GS and Achivments are aboundant!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed May 26, 2010 8:39 am

Well i do agree that GS is overraited but it has its uses and sure i do belewe things can be done whit lower GS but it will be harder to do them. As usall i think there is a midle ground here sure you can do ICC 10 man whit 3500 in GS but it is easier doing it whit 5800 in GS...Smile. Although having 5800 in GS and not knoweing tactic is worse then having 5200 in GS and knowing tactic...Smile

I think atleast the way i think is that if a player have higher GS they tend to have done ICC abit more then players whit lower GS...Smile. However ofc GS can be messerd and experiens cant even though experiens is more important...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Undergeared Empty Skills

Post  Akaris Wed May 26, 2010 10:37 am

Yet how on earth they manage to clear raids in ilevel200 gear is beyond me - skill and raid performance can only get you so far. What about enrage timers or the fact that the encounters are supposed to get harder?

Imagine trying to put Ulduar 10 with only ilevel200 geared players, crazy? Requires certain gear to get it done? Well that can't be true...
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Thu May 27, 2010 12:21 am

I can see alot of whipes in that raid...Smile and triel and errors so to say...Smile

Although i do agree that GS is starting to get enoyoing.... Mad I got the question last night on jolly and i hade a good mind just answer "Good enough"
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum