Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Returned, again.

5 posters

Go down

Returned, again. Empty Returned, again.

Post  Zushenk Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Howdy folks, Hows it going? Nice to see you're all still about!

Remember me?

If so, great! I have just reactivated my account as I wanted to have another go on WoW!

Currently guildless at the moment, wondered if I could rejoin?

Hope so! Hope to hear from you all soon!

Zushenk

Back to top Go down

Returned, again. Empty Re: Returned, again.

Post  Teshija Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:17 am

Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess the answer is yes from my part!!!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:38 am

Ofc mate welcome back...Smile

We are currently in a bit of a summer low but it will pick up...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:14 am

Welcome back mate Very Happy
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:40 am

OK Zu a brief what to do and how to gear up!
Ofc you start with obvious, buy and or get some things crafted from fellow guildies as your cash permits you to. Current end game content is still expensive but a step downword (TOC10/25 recepies are cheap now more or less and its fair upgrade for ICC).

You have gathered yestrday you can go random heroics for extra bonuses. You always get some cash, 2 emblems of frost for the first one, and 2 extra emblems of triumph. I know that running them all as a tank in a 3 or 4 hours of (tanks have quing time of about few seconds) you can gather about 100ish emblems of triumph, which amounts to 1.5-2 pieces of gear per day + some cash. I imagine it isnt much slower as a healer.

Old heroics give 200 ilvl gear, ToC5 gives 213 ilvl gear, and ICC5 normal gives 219 and heroics 232 I think are the numbers. So check loot tables and see if you can farm some.

I think there are still some of our alts that need those heroics so you can always try and get a semi guild run at the least. I know I still need somethings from there, think Lea needs as well on his DK...

As for raids, sadly we are not dooing anything below current content ATM. Reasons are several, no time, not enough people of low level, etc, but you can always try and create an guild event in calendar for ToC 10 or something and see who you will attract Smile
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:21 am

Holy heck! I thought you joined the Army Zushenk? What a Face Smile
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:24 am

Akaris wrote:Holy heck! I thought you joined the Army Zushenk? What a Face Smile

Aka - and where the hell are ya, eh?
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:51 am

I've stopped playing wow, it seems like for good. Infact i've kinda quit since end of Naxx/release of Ulduar.
I'm playing AOC - i honestly hope that one day you all quit wow too :]
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:02 am

WoW is evil.

AoC is not as addictive or?
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:56 am

Teshija wrote:WoW is evil.

AoC is not as addictive or?

Not if your a wow veteran, which you guys are. Its waaay more fun to play, the communitys way better and less kids play. Also theres no gearscore and no requirements of your gear or exp - join the group and do the raid/instance But its more fun, which is aim of the game Smile
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:27 am

I guess one day Blizz will release some new MMO and will stop making expansions for WoW. This might be the day I quit WoW Wink hehe. Same happened to Diablo II really which in my opinion is very similiar to WoW in many ways even though it's hack & slash game.

I'm waiting for Diablo III to be released (which may be another year or so...) to see how much of Diablo II spirit is still in there.

To be honest I spent so much time learning WoW that I'm not going to try new MMO to waste weeks of time trying to get the hang of it Smile I think I'll stick to WoW untill some new MMO / Diablo III is released and then we'll see Smile Of course life my alter my plans and I might have to quit WoW way sooner but those are the things we don't know untill they happen to us Razz

Anyhow it's a pity we won't see you around any more Aka Sad Do you have to pay to play AOC as well or it's free like Diablo II used to be (and I think still is for those who play)?
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:28 am

What is AoC?
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:29 am

Age of Conan Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:32 am

I found it - 15 quid a month so even more expensive than WoW Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:32 am

When D3 comes out Ill quit wow, play D3 single player most likley or if any of you guys wanna play it on multiplayer then most likley with you.

Diablo 1 started the damnable cycle and I plan to close it with D3.
After that I plan to quit gameing and grow up!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:40 am

Well personaly i dont rightly knowe what to do the only thing im sertain of is that i dont drawe any correlation between growing up and gaming...Smile , no pound intended...Smile

If i get board i quit if not i keep going whit wow or any other game but i cant realy see me stop gaming at anypoint in my life...Smile, cut down sure and maybee even stop for a longer period but never quit...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:42 am

Ye I know.

I cant help feeling I could find more usefull things to do instead of hanging behind the screen.
Altho cant push myself to do anything against it.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:43 am

Teshija wrote:When D3 comes out Ill quit wow, play D3 single player most likley or if any of you guys wanna play it on multiplayer then most likley with you.

Diablo 1 started the damnable cycle and I plan to close it with D3.
After that I plan to quit gameing and grow up!

I might join ya there, play some D3 and grow up as well Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm Diablo veteran myself Razz Played whole D1 (singleplayer) and then D2 and D2 LoD on multi (still have it in my drawer) Razz and then WoW was released and as I was playing Warcraft 3 I gave it a try and you see what happened? Damn 3 years now or even more XD Might be actually 4 years at this stage Shocked Man...

But same as Lea - I don't think I'll ever quit gaming myself Smile I guess it's part of our culture/generation and it's a lot of fun Smile I might cut down my play time (which is already limited) but I guess I won't quit gaming for good Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:58 am

Dont get me wrong; I think I wasnt clear.

Gaming is ok, by itself. But this kinda of gaming where you need to farm, farm, farm for whatever, gold, rep, mats,... and which, we will all admit, takes a HUUUGE chunk of your time however limited your game time might be.

Thats is why I always preffered diablo type of games fast paced, soloable if you feel like it, and you go play when and if you feel like it. 3 or 4 months of absence from diablo is nothing really, while 3 or 4 months of abscence from wow leaves you in need of insane grinding and farming to catch up.

In reallity I am feeling a bit fed up of WoW and the comunnity as a whole. Thats why I have refocused some of my time to play on alts and level them up. Couse that approach more or less closes me out from rest of the people and eaving me open to you wunderfull lot. Prepearing my cash for cataclysm etc. Dont feel like raiding at all especially not in pugs.

TBH expansions come to fast for my taste and speed. It wored me out.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:54 am

Yeah its more expensive per month, but at £25 per 3 months its good value + the bonuses you get for that payment cycle. I see it as this: that 25 a month is the money i use instead of drinking, which would cost £20 per two weeks...but i digress Razz

Its not that wows bad, its just that with work and study atm i don't play consistently enough to keep up with raids/gear etc. Esp with Cata coming out.
I had alot of fun playing wow with you guys and many others i've lost contact with Sad

The main point i like AOC over wow is that the players are people that realise its a game, and that you don't want to play all day or have the time to learn everything about the game - you can play as much or as little as you want AND still progress as a guild and character.

Unfortunately most wow players are too ignorant and lazy to learn AOC and its style, which is a shame cause its a great game for those that try it.
Example: two of my guildies are currently raiding in wow and have cleared all the content, including LK on hardmode....yet they find AOC to be fun to play.

Edit: Just on what Buc said. Yeah i don't want to play alot anymore, which i find wow requires to actualy get to see the endgame. AOC doesn't require this from me.

Anyways, with Cata being soon-out, i've come to realise that it realy dones't tempt me...at all. No old wow itches. Nothing. So this is Akaris signing out for the foreseeable future, as who knows how cata will plan out, eh? Smile

My AOC details:

Server: Crom.
Guild: The Free City Of Lochlainn.

Character:
Dispair - Dark Templar.
Theikos - Priest of Mitra.

Good luck guys, i'll hand around and check back now and again. cheers I love you
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum