Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the theorycrafters out there.

5 posters

Go down

For the theorycrafters out there. Empty For the theorycrafters out there.

Post  Akaris Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:12 am

Take a look at this site > http://elitistjerks.com/f31/

If your interested in theorycrafting, wanting to maxamise your class at level 70, interested in any other role that any class does. Then the site out.

* !Warning!: Serious knowledge involved. May not make sence to the newbies *

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

For the theorycrafters out there. Empty Re: For the theorycrafters out there.

Post  Gredeth Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:30 am

"Class mechanics" sounds interesting, I'll check it out later. ^^

EDIT: and of course, thank you tongue
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:34 pm

Oh wow, that actually cleared quite a few things for me! I'll go put that to my favorites during the first commercial breaks Very Happy bump bump bump, go read it people bounce
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:55 am

Glad to hear it helps! It amazes me, i have no idea how people come up with with these assumpsions, and prove them! Shocked Suspect

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:55 am

Oh my god, now I am officialy scared of some people playing wow Very Happy
Just opened the protection warrior thread and pale pale pale pale
I mean formulae, formulae peoples have formulae for tanking, tables, charts everything. What, they get paid to do that stuff, or they really dont have anything better to do?
How do they do it Suspect Question
I mean I get that tanking busnies up to now, hadnt done any heroics yet but I suspect if geared up right its all the same as normals. I am a simple guy for me was enough to get that you need to put some threat on main target and distribute some on secondary targets, and let everyone know the row in which they will be put down. You know your skills and talents, and blow away, I mean its not that difficult to make a science out of it. And I am doing OK, by the reactions I had so far. Without any of that stuff.
But looking at this,... man. I dont know.
Do I take this game far too lightly and treat it as a game, or are those people right with their formulas and hmgh god knows what else?
Il try and read it though!!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:07 am

The people who calculate these kind of things want to play their class to it's fullest fullest, if you know what I mean? Maybe they have too much time, maybe they just enjoy doing that kind of maths. But I can guarantee you there is nothing wrong with your playstyle. As long as you hold aggro, you're a good tank and that's all the group needs from a tank. I'm not that interested about the formulas either but I read some of the DPS cycle calculations for shamans to see which cycle has the best mana/dps ratio. ^^
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:23 am

Well I get what you mean, I want to play class to the fullest as well.
Nice stuff inside to clear up whats better when gearing up, good numbers crunching. But I simply dont get how they do it, I mean the game is time consuming as it is, but doing this as well,...
Good thing those people exist in the end for us who want to play but dont have to time to analyze all the details!
But still.... Shocked Shocked
I know Buc will be interested so http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t18771-protection_warrior_guide/, be warned its a BIG read!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:32 am

Hehhe, well I don't think they actually get to read any Blizzard's scripts or anything so they probably just do something over and over again and calculate an average of this and that, it is 'theory'crafting, after all Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:48 am

Nyctalus wrote:
I know Buc will be interested so http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t18771-protection_warrior_guide/, be warned its a BIG read!

Thanks mate... holy crap... I have a headache now... I've heard about this lads before but never really read their forums...

This is insane... Suspect
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:06 am

I told you. Twisted Evil
Be afraid, be wery afraid albino cherry geek flower elephant jocolor
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:07 am

You're doing it wrong! "This is madness.." Cool

Anyway it isn't nearly as bad for shamans, here have a look:

* Lightning Bolt Spam
Lightning bolt spam is the most mana efficient rotation, but can potentially be lower in terms of damage output. Best used in mana sensitive situations. Requires less spell crit, as it has lower mana use.
* 3 Lightning Bolt/1 Chain Lightning
The 3/1 rotation is three Lightning Bolts and one Chain Lightning. This is the most practical of the high (non-hasted) DPS rotations. It uses three bolt casts while waiting for the 6 second chain cooldown to finish. Can also be used for short fights/trash pulls where it is possible to drink often.
* 4 Lightning Bolt/1 Chain Lightning
4/1 is the hasted Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning rotation, as once your bolt cast time drops bellow 2 seconds an additional bolt cast is used to allow Chain Lightning to finish its cooldown. See the discussion earlier on this.
* 5 Lightning Bolt/2 Chain Lightning/1FS
This is the 5 bolts, 2 chain and 1 flame shock rotation. While this is the highest DPS rotation, it also has the highest mana use. Combined with the shorter range for Flame Shock, it is not a recommended DPS rotation. Changing Flame for Earth or Frost is not recommended either, as both have lower overall DPS.
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:16 am

Tuhnu wrote:You're doing it wrong! "This is madness.." Cool

Anyway it isn't nearly as bad for shamans, here have a look:

* Lightning Bolt Spam
Lightning bolt spam is the most mana efficient rotation, but can potentially be lower in terms of damage output. Best used in mana sensitive situations. Requires less spell crit, as it has lower mana use.
* 3 Lightning Bolt/1 Chain Lightning
The 3/1 rotation is three Lightning Bolts and one Chain Lightning. This is the most practical of the high (non-hasted) DPS rotations. It uses three bolt casts while waiting for the 6 second chain cooldown to finish. Can also be used for short fights/trash pulls where it is possible to drink often.
* 4 Lightning Bolt/1 Chain Lightning
4/1 is the hasted Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning rotation, as once your bolt cast time drops bellow 2 seconds an additional bolt cast is used to allow Chain Lightning to finish its cooldown. See the discussion earlier on this.
* 5 Lightning Bolt/2 Chain Lightning/1FS
This is the 5 bolts, 2 chain and 1 flame shock rotation. While this is the highest DPS rotation, it also has the highest mana use. Combined with the shorter range for Flame Shock, it is not a recommended DPS rotation. Changing Flame for Earth or Frost is not recommended either, as both have lower overall DPS.
And here is the mother of all evils in the game regarding tanks Exclamation
People read these manuals they find the most efficent DPS/mana saving rotation , they tie it up to the macro and spam away. And when they over threat tank, then it is tanks fault. Just ask Buc how many times shaman over aggroed him in ZF the other day. I was looking like hell not to do it with Nyc and still pulled a mob from him twice, and shaman still had 5 % demage more than me and every fight mob was on him. Good thing when playing with tanking pet, you learn not to be trigger happy. What I mean you may theorise as much as you like, BUT this is game which involves other people, and here all the numbers collapse, you have to adapt to every single player playing with you. If you dont do that all the numbers dont mean diddly.
Not saying you play like that just in general Very Happy Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:16 am

hehehe mine was easy.......

'Frostbolt - know it, love it'

That was pretty much it Smile

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:50 am

Can i just point about downranking and mana cost of spells.

This is used to save mana, stack buffs, find enemys or simply procc smething.

* ! This and mana based theorycrafting is changing in WOTLK. Mana cost of spells is being changed to % of base mana. Thus eliminating downranking.! *

Info is linked via http://warcraftmovies.com/index.php and via http://nihilum.mousesports.com/en/news/. Yet i can't seem to find it. It'd be wise to research the changes, before making assumptions based on the current game mechanics.

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:33 am

No downranking..? I could write a few pages of flame text here but I'll just write a shorter version about it: downranking is about the only way shamans become mana efficient healers... So thank you Blizzard indeed! cheers

Oh and I use my brains while DPSing and I let the tank get a good start before I start nuking away, so you don't need to be afraid of me in instances Very Happy
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum