Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Macro help

+2
Buculus
Teshija
6 posters

Go down

Macro help Empty Macro help

Post  Teshija Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:22 am

Never done those befor so can someone briefly explains how to make them what do I need to write into that box for making them?
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Macro help Empty Re: Macro help

Post  Buculus Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:16 am

Here is all what you need Wink

http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_macros_for_hunters

Basically to create macro you have pick up an icon for new macro, name it and write all neccessary commands in macro window Smile Then you just drag this icon from macro window to your action bar and that's it Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:18 am

thx
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:19 am

Np Very Happy
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:41 am

Macro's are can be tricky to understand at first, but the basis of them all are similar.

They tend to be linked to actual ingame actions, by wording.

I'd suggest that you read the macros page page, then to try ang get it explained by someone. ( Esp me - I still don't quite understand it Rolling Eyes )

People tend to use them in cast sequences to eliminate downtime ( Basicaly time between pressing keys, moving from boss attacks, and latency ).

For example: Stealth, premeditation, shadowstep, garrote.

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Etin Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:27 pm

Ok, Ive been playing around with Macros and am having some fun with them. However, I can not get my Charge to work!!!

Any ideas of how it needs to be scripted? It doesnt work with "/cast" or "/charge(level 1)" Sad

Massive Respect!

p.s. I noticed today that obviously some of you have different characters which you play at different times. Is there anyway of knowing a persons different names??? Question
Captain Etin
Captain Etin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:34 pm

Captain Etin wrote:
p.s. I noticed today that obviously some of you have different characters which you play at different times. Is there anyway of knowing a persons different names??? Question

oh ffs, I was just writing a really good answer to answer this for yuo, but then i clickedon a link not meaning to and it took my asnwer away Sad
I am sure someoenelsewill tell you or il explain in a better state in tyhe morning.

btw i have beend rinknig ><

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:20 am

Rawrrz wrote:
Captain Etin wrote:

oh ffs, I was just writing a really good answer to answer this for yuo, but then i clickedon a link not meaning to and it took my asnwer away Sad
I am sure someoenelsewill tell you or il explain in a better state in tyhe morning.

btw i have beend rinknig ><

LOL!

drunken drunken drunken
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:52 am

As far as I know the only way is to ask them what their other characters' names are. Razz If you open the "Guild" tab in your Social window, you can see a list of the members of the guild and if you click on someone's name you can see some info about them, have a look at the "Notes" field and if the character is someone's alt it's usually mentioned in the Notes field. Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:48 am

Etin - have a look on the Guild tab in your 'social' in-game menu. You can switch to the view which will show you different ranks - alts usually have name of their main toon in character notes Smile If you look on my Harkan you'll see Buculus as a note and his rank is 'alt' Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Etin Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:07 am

Sweet, cheers for your help with character names. Can any of you offer advise on why I cant get my charge to work in a macro?

Also, i know I havent been in game much over the last week or two, but Im being made redundant in the first week of November so all my free time is pretty much devoted to job hunting Mad
I will be dedicating more time asap though! I wonder if anyone will ever pay $500 for my character Suspect lol!

Massive Respect!
Captain Etin
Captain Etin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:55 am

Captain Etin wrote:Can any of you offer advise on why I cant get my charge to work in a macro?

Post your macro so we can see what's wrong Razz

A simple macro to charge would be: "/cast Charge" ^^
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum