Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pissed off

+5
Gredeth
Buculus
Leannah
Akaris
Teshija
9 posters

Go down

Pissed off Empty Pissed off

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:01 am

Yestrday afternoon:
someone: Hey would you like to tank Kara, last spot?
I: I would but I have never been there so some mistakes on my part are possibble, so if you guys dont mind I am ok to go...
someone: no answer
So now I am pissed off, all around the forums people are bitching there are no tanks around nobody knows how to tank, blah, blah, blah, and how are they supposed to happen when people treat you like that. Ooh good you are not born with all the knowledge of wow, aah to bad you ll never get it hohoohohohohho. And what pisses me off the most is that they even cant dignify to answer, yeah nice but we dont have time to teach you or something like that, but nothibg, you dont exist enymore.
Uuuuuff, if only I could get my hands on them in real life Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Pissed off Empty Re: Pissed off

Post  Akaris Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:40 am

It was rude of them to not answer you. But i can probably tell you why he didn't...

Kara is a raid - Unless you have tank raid experience, a very strong knowledge of raids/kara or experience of puging raids. Then you won't be taken - He obviously assumed you'd done Kara before.

Think of it like this > When you make an assumption, you make an ass out of you, me, and umption. Wink

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:44 am

Hehe i know that quote Very Happy
I get all of that but still find it rather silly. Practicly new players dont stand a chance to do anything then.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:52 am

I agree Nyc ... you allways anwer especialy when you started the conversation.... Evil or Very Mad Well ther loss i say...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:53 am

Leanah1 wrote:I agree Nyc ... you allways anwer especialy when you started the conversation.... Evil or Very Mad Well ther loss i say...Smile
Hehe thx m8
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:44 am

That was simply rude - no question about it Evil or Very Mad

On the rest of your post - people are bitching about no tanks and so on but with Kara it's not that straight forward. To tank Kara you have to be really well geared up with armor from pre-Kara instances/raids. Some groups looking for pugs to go Kara won't take tank without very good gear and resi below 350 Sad Every boss in Kara hits very hard (some deal crit burst damage so resi is a must) and you need good armor and damage mitigation for it. Getting to the bottom line - freshly 'dinged' 70 has (in my opinion) no chance to tank Kara unless he got at least some of T4 on him (warbringer stuff)... And it has nothing to do with skills. You might simply get 2-3 shotted by boss before your healer will finish casting his first spell...

You are looking at high resi, 13+k HP (some MT really well geared up have 17k HP in their tanking gear), some of T4 and enchants to survive in there. Not to mention experience but this is disputable if you have skills.
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:52 am

Yeah I was looking at some gear from those tanks and more than half come from Kara bosses. As i have read before you need 10000 hp to survive in there and in tanking gear without any buffs I have 1100 I think. But nobody even asked me that I just said I was never in and that was that, that is what pisses me off mostly, the rudness. A simple not thx then would suffice I can relate to the fact they dont want a new player inside, they dont have time,... whatever I am ok with that, but peoples lack of manners is what realy pisses me.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:11 am

Nyctalus wrote:Yeah I was looking at some gear from those tanks and more than half come from Kara bosses. As i have read before you need 10000 hp to survive in there and in tanking gear without any buffs I have 1100 I think. But nobody even asked me that I just said I was never in and that was that, that is what pisses me off mostly, the rudness. A simple not thx then would suffice I can relate to the fact they dont want a new player inside, they dont have time,... whatever I am ok with that, but peoples lack of manners is what realy pisses me.

That's true Sad BUt as with any other MMPRPG you can't avoid idiots and 'elitists' who think that they know everything and have no time to discuss with people with lesser gear and so on... Don't worry mate Smile I hope we will have enough lvl70s soon enough to give it a try on our own Wink
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:12 am

Hehe hope so too!!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:09 am

ok i feel like a novies on this raid stuff...Smile

I dont know anything about raids and when people start talk about "t4 gear" and "pre kara raids" im lost...Smile

This is no doubt my on fault and responsebilety to learn but if someone fell thay have the time to post a crash course or just some helpful tipps or link a page whit good info on the subjekt i would realy appriciat it...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:22 am

Well as I gathered for now you do regular instances then kara then heroics gear wise, I could be wrong on this one. T (tier) gear is the gear you get from raiding like maniac I guess since we have trouble gathering 5 people for instance let alone 25 for big raids.
List of items can be found here http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/armorsets/. Later you can search the item or sets by name in wowhed or anywhere else I guess. So as the situation looks now, we are a loong way off from any of those. ANd there you can find the PvP sets as well. Those are like end game gear stuff mostly.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:24 am

well first of all, tanks and healers are the base of all groups and it is important that they are well enough geared for the instance/raid. The DPS can be a bit lacking (I got to Kara with S2 shoulders and weapons as a rogue.. Had a really well geared and skilled tank and healers.) but tanks and healers can't.

I advice you to read up on the Kara bosses on wowwiki and instead just tell people that you don't have actual experience but you know how it works. Just an idea. Good luck. Smile

@Leanah:

"t1, t2, t3, t4" etc means "tier 1, 2, 3, 4" gear. This means specific item sets obtained from raids. For example Tier 1 gear can be obtained from Molten Core, Tier 2 from Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair and Blackwing Lair.

"S1, s2, s3, s4" etc mean "Season 1, 2, 3, 4" sets which can be obtained from PvP. Season 1 and 2 sets can be bought with normal honor points and season 3 and 4 can be bought with arena points. Obviously you get arena points by completing matches in arena. The better you perform, the better your rating. The better your rating, the more points you get per week. You must fight at least 10 matches in a week to get your arena points. You get the arena points on wednesday after the maintenance, I THINK. Could be thursday Laughing

You can find more about the armor sets here

EDIT: I've probably said this before and I'm going to say it again: I'd love to try raiding, especially as a healer but we'll see how that's going to work out as I can't play that much. Sad
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:33 am

That is annoying, but at least you actually got a "hey do you wana" or whatever, all I ever get is "SPEC?"

But also you wouldnt be able to tank Kara with your gear I doubt, my warrior couldnt even tank all the bosses there I think, or at least not the last boss with a same geared group as me.

And its not resi you need to PvE its Defence, I believe its something like 490 def and then you are crit immune from pve bosses.

There must be some pre tanking gear guides out there.
But some good starter gear is the Felsteel stuff from Blacksmiths, the legs from been revered with Caven of Time, a chest from either revered with Aldor or there is one that drops from Mecha I think it is.

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:23 am

Yeah I know I wouldnt be able to pull it off probably, but the point of impolitness is making me so mad Mad
But enough of this rant, thanx for gear advice m8.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderspy Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:21 am

1. it was rude
2. though before you do a raid instance of any kind you check up about it.
3. you need pretty good gear for kara + and prot specced
4. its sad that its hardest for tanks Sad (druid tank normaly so i know >_>)

well thats my opinion.
Spiderspy
Spiderspy

Back to top Go down

Post  Soedn Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:56 am

You might not have the experience now, but we all had to start somewhere. I don't see why those who can tank kara can't fill you in on the bosses as you progress. But I guess people nowadays in WoW don't want to spend too much time doing anything, and especially if that means helping another player out..
Soedn
Soedn

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:44 am

Thx for the info M8`s...Smile

And Nyc lets find out who "dist" you and we go beat him up IRL style... Twisted Evil

"You pay when you dis a doomed rider"
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Etin Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:12 pm

I like that attitude Leanah!
I'll come with and run around yelling "DAMN YOU!" whilst the rest of you deal some real damage!!! Twisted Evil

Massive Respect!
Captain Etin
Captain Etin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:18 pm

And Nyc lets find out who "dist" you and we go beat him up IRL style... Twisted Evil

"You pay when you dis a doomed rider"

"The curse of the Doomed Riders passes on..." Wink
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum