Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should i do

5 posters

Go down

What should i do Empty What should i do

Post  Mortious Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:52 am

What should I do with my 2nd proffesion slot, I currently have Herbalism and im torn what to take on my second The choices are

Alchemy OR Engineering.

Ive always done engeineering and its pretty cheap to level up. So far ive been using my herbs and selling them to make cash now ive got enough to live on I could start keeping them and using them to levely alchy.

Im looking to pvp towards the end game but goto get there first, What would people recommend me to take (on my pally)

Mortious

Back to top Go down

What should i do Empty Re: What should i do

Post  Gredeth Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:39 pm

Well, alchemy is ok for the buffs and health/mana pots but engineering stands out in pvp imo. I'd say engineering Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderspy Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:16 pm

but you should have mining not herb if you go engineering Razz engineering is lots of fun^^ though expensive and its hard to get any money out of it Razz but now we can extract those clouds so it might be a lot easier to get money Razz
Spiderspy
Spiderspy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortious Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:31 pm

Im not worried about money, ill eventually buy all the ingots i need or all of the Herbs, Im just unsure whats better overall!

Mortious

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:41 pm

For PvP you have:

Engineering:

Goblin Engineering:
Goblin Rocket Boots - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=7189

Gnomish Engineering:
Gnomish Death Ray - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=10645

Available for both (?):
Grenades - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23737

Alchemy:
Flask of Blinding Light - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=28590
Elixir of Deadly Strikes - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=60355

The Elixir of Deadly Strikes is obviously only good if you're specced retribution. There are loads of other useful potions but I can't be arsed to go through them all (Sorry Embarassed ) but this should get you an idea: engineering if you want a boost in your offensive abilities and alchemy for additional buffs. Smile

EDIT: Damn links didn't work for some reason..
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortious Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:16 pm

Im getting more and more drawn towards engineering, What about leveling which 1 wud be best (i only use health pots atm)

Mortious

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:20 pm

Well engineering can make some useful stuff for leveling, for example you get an easy extra heal with grenade -> flash of light. Gnomish Death Ray can be used against mobs too, believe it or not Wink

I really don't know which one would be better for leveling, alchemy probably. That could save you a few corpse runs thanks to unlimited supply of health potions but I think you should get the profession you're going to use later on unless you want to pick up 2 gathering proffs to make money while leveling. Leveling is easy enough without professions anyway Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:50 am

I say Alchemy its gives you small boost along the way and it makes you well liket in dungeons sins you kan give pots to the others in the group at a relativly low cost to your self. And sins tou can have bouth a guardien elixir and a battle elixir you can anlways buff yourself att relativly cheep kost.
Alchemy is also cheep to lvl.

You sad you did not care about the money, well if you evantaly do i can say that alchemy is a great cash cow yasterday i made 1000 gold of one days selling on AH grantid it was a great day and my record is 1200 gold on one day but i usaly take in about 400 gold per day and almost never under 100 gold. All from mats i buy on AH and the skill from alchemy it usaly takes me 10-15 min / day to make it and put it out on AH. Grantid i sell it whit about 100% markup from mats (at the least) so i accualy makes about 200 Gold/day
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:41 am

Leanah1 wrote:Grantid i sell it whit about 100% markup from mats (at the least) so i accualy makes about 200 Gold/day

Man Shocked On which pots you're making that profit? Shocked
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:51 am

Buculus wrote:
Leanah1 wrote:Grantid i sell it whit about 100% markup from mats (at the least) so i accualy makes about 200 Gold/day

Man Shocked On which pots you're making that profit? Shocked

My thoughts exactly Shocked Gief.... gold........ *drool*
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Mortious Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:03 pm

Maybe ill go alchey then Smile

Mortious

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content