Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Albino Drake - how to go about it

+3
Temple
Leannah
Teshija
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Albino Drake - how to go about it Empty Albino Drake - how to go about it

Post  Teshija Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:31 am

I started farming for it at 80. Mind you I had Netherwing chain complete by then and already had big riding skill!
So lets say you are 80 by now and have only the 5k riding skill going for you (you will have to have it for Netherwing quests).
First go about your horde factions and get them to exalted. I guess this hangs a lot on race you play and which q you done while leveling to 80.

For example I started exalted with orgri which didnt do me any good since I am an orc. Closest Rep I had was with darkspear trolls with only 2 k to exalted (at the time there was runecloth at 2 g per stack, think we were still on old server though then) so I bought it and got exalted with the also! So next didnt want to give away anymore money so I went to starting zones to do q, which regardless ov level award same reputation as if you are lvl 1! So I first did Taureans; here theirs starting zone and mulgore pushed me to exalted easy (took me couple of hours to do them all)! Then the undead; this took me a little longer had to do starting zone, tirisfal glades, silverpine forest and couple of Hillsbrad foothills for exalted. Blood elves were hardest since you cant do their starting area; here eversong woods and Ghostlands got me somewhat less than half way through revered:) Now realy dont buy runecloth since you are 80 go and farm Startholme. For the whole run youll get areound 50 g on the money and grey drops alone + the greenies and blues youll manage to put on AH (so it can climb to 100g) mind you youll need big bags. entire instance cleared gives you about 20-25 stacks of runecloth. With Teshija with his low DPS took me about 1 hour for one clear!

Ok now when you know how to get rep for horde lets talk about Netherwing! http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=22113 - this dude starts the looong chain! There were be a couple of 3 man and one 5 man q so I suggest starting this at 80 (will be easier and quicker to farm too) and remember you WILL need big riding skill to get quests down the chain and to do dailyes on the ledge! Since they aree dailyes you can go about then at the same time you do other stuff you usually do! Be sure to do the race chain - http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=11064 lot of rep here plus fun to do, sadly I still miss the last one which gives an achievement Sad
Also good to remember on Netherwing ledge there are eggs which are worh to collect and hand in (one gives 250 rep) and I did this when WOTLK hit so ledge was empty and I managed to get about 10 of them per day. When there were people there i couldnt find a single one. I can show you where they used to spawn for me when i did the quests!

Then the Mag'har easiest faction to push up to exalted i guess if you do all the q in Nagrand you ll be 3 or 4 k in revered. Then there is small matter of killing ogres and collecting obsidian warbeads. Took me around 250 beads and 3 or 4 times as ogres to get me there (10 beads award 500 rep, and 1 ogre awards 2). There are 4 locations you can do this warmaul hill, laughing skull ruins, burning blade runs and that cave just north above Hala. This last place has highet bead drop rate at least that is the way it seemed to me. So i took turns in genocide here and laughing skull ruins! Took me 4 or 5 hours farming but in the end I got to exalted Very Happy

Got me all the horde fliers as well, and the bear from Mei Francis in Dalaran!

I decide against farming battlegrounds for PvP mounts due to looong waiting time Sad Although I would like them as well!

So to sum up:
All the faction mounts, horde fliers, netherwings and Talbuks + 1 bear and the albino drake is yours.
I f you have all of these youll have 2 mounts extra so you can decide and not waste around 1k g for bear and 1 netherwing you dont realy need! Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Albino Drake - how to go about it Empty Re: Albino Drake - how to go about it

Post  Leannah Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:19 am

Good one Tes... Smile

But i need to ask one thing. Im not that well read in this or any subjekt of endgame for that mather but i was just woundering doing all of this dont give you any new mounts (Exept the factions mount) only saves you some money from buying them?
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:00 am

yea
gives you Netherwing dragons with the netherwing drakes - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32861
Talbuks with the maghar rep - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29227

This little thing is mainly for Pers for he aims for that dragon so I just wanted him to know how I got about it Very Happy
Hope hell have some more experience to add:)
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:23 am

Awesome thanks for this matey - I have a plan of action now Very Happy

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:12 am

Just on comment made a slight mistake up there.
In total I have 52 mounts now. One of those is albino drake which means I have only one over the top - the bear!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:12 am

Well, I already have my +1 from your lsit - which would be the engi flying machine - plus ofc when I hit 375 engi I'll get the epic one too.

Still - it's going to take me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages to make up the factions to exalted though - Orc/Troll are now 8000/21000 revered (which translates into 347 stacks of Runecloth left to hand in - feck!), TB and Silvermoon I haven't even started on. Ah well - I'll try hit 80 first to make all the other stuff quicker and easier - plus ofc we can do raids and runs in between my 'WoW Day job' of getting that mount Smile

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:15 am

Perspyro wrote:347 stacks of Runecloth left to hand in

which translates to about 18 Strat Runs...... which doesn't actually sounds that bad - good job I like Strat eh?

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:16 am

Yea but dont forget that q you do for Sylvermmon for example also gives a small amount of rep to other factions (this number is small fiveish per q but when you do all q for all facions numbers go up nicely. So I would wait on runecloth till the end:)
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:26 am

Aha! A good point well made Smile

I'm trying to buy up all the cheap runecloth atm but I'll not hand in (any more) until I've got all the rep quests I can find in the bag.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:41 am

Might be a idea, not sure how quick it works, but once you have full rep with OG, when you turn stuff in AV you get rep for all the other factions (:

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:43 am

Rawrrz wrote:Might be a idea, not sure how quick it works, but once you have full rep with OG, when you turn stuff in AV you get rep for all the other factions (:

AV? Alterac Valley? as in PvP lark? If so I was thinking of trying to avoid PvP grinding as it can be a bit random apparently

...or am I barking up the wrong tree?

... and when are you coming to Chromaggus? Smile

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:46 pm

He actually dropped in yesterday I think Very Happy
Also found out this today: on wowhead when you chose zones you are shown a map. Above maps upper left corner there is a small menu! There you can chose the options to see the quest givers available to you so you can easier check if you didnt miss something in starting zones!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:53 am

Well, I'm friendly with the Nether dudes now, and have started in on the dailies for the rep there, I've stockpiled a whole bunch of nethercite and I'm grabbing up eggs like there's no tomorrow.

I think a lot of people are having the same idea about getting the Albino - it was quite busy yesterday evening - kept getting ganked by a particular git of a 80 gnome mage (though every other Ally bugger was happy to leave me alone). I shall have to fins something else to go for for a bit of individuality cause every bugger will be flying one soon Sad, it'll be the black bear all over again.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:27 am

Hmm your right ther you do want an unike mount to ride personaly im loking for a riding mount (Ground). Im tired of my biard and the "Hogs" looks kind of nice but its alot of money so i don´t knowe Question Well that is a later problem right now its on to lvl 80... Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:30 am

Dont think all of them are there for albino. That mount is easiest to obtain to have something different than standard ugly faction flyer! So that place was always full before than albino appeared and was to be expected that it will be full again after the initial hysteria of WOTLK pass!

Belive me black war bear is much easier to get then albino drake:)
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:19 am

Teshija wrote:Dont think all of them are there for albino. That mount is easiest to obtain to have something different than standard ugly faction flyer! So that place was always full before than albino appeared and was to be expected that it will be full again after the initial hysteria of WOTLK pass!

Belive me black war bear is much easier to get then albino drake:)

Good point, you may well be right Smile - before discovering the Alby I was gonna go for the Nether anywho so your comments bear a lot of merit Smile

I see that dude on the Raven Lord all the time in Orgri now - now that's an awesome mount Smile, which made me wonder actually - how come he can mount that in orgri whereas others flyers can't?

The Amani bear is nice too - but I understand it can't be gained now. I also recently noticed there's a legendary mount - how cool would that be to have, though sadly no longer attainable (anywhere I'd imagine)

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:26 am

Although raven lord is a bird I think it is actualy a land mount something like those blood elf mounts. And it drops only during some druid quest so its extreamly rare!

Yep Amani bear is unatainable now becouse it had 100% drop rate (we have now a flying mount of 100% drop in Strat heroic timed run). Other mounts like tiger and raptor from Zul Gurub, Barons deathless horsie, headles horsmen mounts are still around becouse they are extramly rare drop rate wise about 1%
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:44 am

Teshija wrote:Although raven lord is a bird I think it is actualy a land mount something like those blood elf mounts. And it drops only during some druid quest so its extreamly rare!

Yep Amani bear is unatainable now becouse it had 100% drop rate (we have now a flying mount of 100% drop in Strat heroic timed run). Other mounts like tiger and raptor from Zul Gurub, Barons deathless horsie, headles horsmen mounts are still around becouse they are extramly rare drop rate wise about 1%

yeah just read that about the Raven Lord, doh!

The Baron's Horse will be mine at some point - though a bit dissapointing for me seeing as I'm UD anywho and all my default mounts are skelly horses hehe.

Which mount drops from the Strat heroic?

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:49 am

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43951
Bronze dragon same model as albino just a different color:)
Its a timed run where we have 25 mins to get to the boss which has a 100% drop rate. I think we could organize some guild runs to get us one of these as soon DPS guys gear a bit up so we can get it faster. Closest I get was 30 secs short on one run, which had two unfortunate events, so its easy duoble witha a good and coordinated group. Practicly one wipe and you loose that boss!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:53 am

Teshija wrote:http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43951
Bronze dragon same model as albino just a different color:)
Its a timed run where we have 25 mins to get to the boss which has a 100% drop rate. I think we could organize some guild runs to get us one of these as soon DPS guys gear a bit up so we can get it faster. Closest I get was 30 secs short on one run, which had two unfortunate events, so its easy duoble witha a good and coordinated group. Practicly one wipe and you loose that boss!

Nice - I'd be up for that, incidentally if I do a bit of research would you still be on for the offer of dragging me through some instances to gear Pers up a bit? I think my gear is 'ok' at the moment, but of course it never hurts to get better stuff Very Happy

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:58 am

Sure thing, we can try some later tonight couse I dont have time for earlier visit Sad But there is always tommorow.
BTW did Aka managed something with his comp or is he still offline?
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:23 am

Teshija wrote:Sure thing, we can try some later tonight couse I dont have time for earlier visit Sad But there is always tommorow.
BTW did Aka managed something with his comp or is he still offline?

He was on last night I seem to remember - though I didn't actually ask him if his machine was any more stable.

Groovy on the runs, I'll have a look see if I can find some useful stuff Smile

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:04 am

I might try and get this myself xD
Got enough gold saved up to get all the normal mounts etc, I can craft the motorbike on my rogue, but dont think il be getting that, costs like at least 15kg to make, want to try and sell one, but theres been one in AH for 20k for few days that people havent seem to be interested in "/
kinda risky thing making one for 15k if you cant sell it"/
Was thinking of spamming /2 to see if someone would want me to craft with their mats for a fee....but people wouldnt want to hand over 12k for the vendor mats "/

hjmm!

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:30 am

Rawrrz wrote:I might try and get this myself xD
Got enough gold saved up to get all the normal mounts etc, I can craft the motorbike on my rogue, but dont think il be getting that, costs like at least 15kg to make, want to try and sell one, but theres been one in AH for 20k for few days that people havent seem to be interested in "/
kinda risky thing making one for 15k if you cant sell it"/
Was thinking of spamming /2 to see if someone would want me to craft with their mats for a fee....but people wouldnt want to hand over 12k for the vendor mats "/

hjmm!

1) Buy mats for 15k
2) Craft bike
3) Sell for 17-18k (20k is too steep now and I think 18 is probably pushing it)
4) ???
5) Profit! (Literally)

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:04 am

the yellow comments on thottbot for this are frikin hilarious...
http://thottbot.com/i41508
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next