Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3.1.0 on PTR :D

+4
Teshija
Spiderspy
Twila
Buculus
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

3.1.0 on PTR :D Empty 3.1.0 on PTR :D

Post  Buculus Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:53 am

Here are patch notes:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=40602.0

New T8, new receipes (some damn cool plate epics in BS for dps/tank/healer Very Happy ) and dual spec Very Happy There's much more than this Very Happy Can't wait for this patch to hit normal realms Very Happy

Mats for new BS receipes are over the top Razz 10 titansteels for belt and some new type of orb Razz I guess prices will jump sky high over next few days with everyone gathering titansteels for new gear Razz Also very nice SP dagger for mages and locks Very Happy Fun, fun, fun Very Happy And Ulduar is released for testing Very Happy

Have to say priest's T8 looks fucking awesome Very Happy

Last edited by Buculus on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

3.1.0 on PTR :D Empty Re: 3.1.0 on PTR :D

Post  Twila Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:45 am

They did say they want to overhaul many classes and change the way people play.
The warlock class has been changed around a lot.

And the new epic tailoring stuff ... using the 3 day cooldowns as soon as possible has become so much more important. Very Happy
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderspy Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:05 am

is there a new instance too? btw I might be back soon maybe friday :p
Spiderspy
Spiderspy

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:07 am

Spiderspy wrote:is there a new instance too? btw I might be back soon maybe friday :p

Yes, Ulduar is released for limited testing. They'll allow some boss fights on timed schedule but they will not release full content on PTR to not let people work out tacs for full run untill it hits normal realms Smile Will be more fun if guilds won't know all bosses untill it's released Very Happy Blizz wants to see guilds with almost full Naxx gear for tests on both 10 and 25man Smile I guess T8 will drop there Smile

See you in game Spider Wink
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:19 am

Anyone knows when this new patch will be hitting us for real?
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:17 am

They have some bugs to sort out with item manager and other stuff so it might be next week before it hits normal realms Smile I hope for this week though Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:24 am

Woohoo and I thought it will come in after 2 or 3 months Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:57 am

Well, it's on PTR since last Wednesday so it's really hard to say when it'll hit normal realms. All depends on the number of bugs/issues they'll come across while testing it Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:38 am

For me and Buc ;]

Restoration.

Living Seed: This talent now accounts for your ineffective healing, rather than effective.

Improved Mark of the Wild: Now also increases all of your total attributes by 1/2%.

Intensity: Now grants 17/33/50% of mana regeneration while casting.

New Talent: Improved Barkskin: Increases the damage reduction granted by your Barkskin spell by 5/10%, and increases your resistance to Dispel mechanics by an additional 30/60% while under the effect of Barkskin.

Replenish: This talent is now re-named "Revitalize" and now also works with Wild Growth.
Tree of Life: You can now use Nature's Grasp and Thorns while within this form.

Lifebloom: Mana cost of all ranks doubled. When Lifebloom blooms or is dispelled, it now refunds half the base mana cost of the spell per application of Lifebloom, and the heal effect is multiplied by the number of applications.

Abolish Poison: Now ticks every 3 sec, up from every 2. Now lasts 12 sec., up from 8.

So it seems Blizzard is trying to make Druids more aware of their mana instead of spamming HoTs > going afk.
Lifebloom will double in mana cost, yet the healing effect will be x3 with 3 stacks.....Good god :O.....Oh and lets not forget the coefficiency >

Lifebloom = 64.53% ( Base. No talents ) - (77.44% with Empowered Rejuvenation) - Patch 3.0.8.

The mana cost is nothing compared to the actual +healing gained, i reckon it'll be changed to max of 2xapplications. Seems that the actual gain is half the total healing at 3 stacks, over the old one. And maybe quarter the mana cost increase, over all.

Offtopic: I've changed 1 major glyph. From > Glyph of Rejuvenation to > Glyph of Regrowth - More viable for raids, rather then 5 mans / pvp.

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:22 am

btw...
plagued proto-drake and black-proto drake are probably going to become unattainable
anyone who wants these must get them before the patch goes live affraid
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:34 am

Looks like resto will get boosted a bit Razz I've also read that amount of returned mana is higher than it supposed to be Razz Maybe some bug Smile I hope to see 3.0.1 live really soon Smile

And as to the drakes - haven't heard it yet but why would they do it anyway? Is it going to be the same as with Amani bears?
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:43 am

Buculus wrote:And as to the drakes - haven't heard it yet but why would they do it anyway? Is it going to be the same as with Amani bears?

Apparently because with T8 gear getting the achievement which rewards the drakes will become too easy...
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=8246534834&sid=1
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:14 am

Twila wrote:
Buculus wrote:And as to the drakes - haven't heard it yet but why would they do it anyway? Is it going to be the same as with Amani bears?

Apparently because with T8 gear getting the achievement which rewards the drakes will become too easy...
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=8246534834&sid=1

I always cry a little bit when a cool mount I don't have is removed Sad *blub*

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:22 am

All the drakes look so silly to me. Well, not the drakes themselves, they're awesome but it's just that EVERYONE has one, they've become too cheap. Nothing is really required to get one, sure do a few dailies for the Oracles and buy some eggs, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that shows a lot of skill and all and should REALLY REALLY REALLY be rewarded with a protodrake mount... silent
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:03 am

Gredeth wrote:All the drakes look so silly to me. Well, not the drakes themselves, they're awesome but it's just that EVERYONE has one, they've become too cheap. Nothing is really required to get one, sure do a few dailies for the Oracles and buy some eggs, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that shows a lot of skill and all and should REALLY REALLY REALLY be rewarded with a protodrake mount... silent

Well actualy it shows dedication to the game (since drop rate is low)! Twila was just plain Lucky. You need to go there buy the darn eggs wait 7 days for them to hatch in most likley nothing or few nice pets! So its just one of those stuff fore people who dont raid there silly asses off (and are still paying the same amount of money for the game as the guys that do raid).

For example - these mounts that are getting kicked out. They are 310% mounts btw. Now take a dedictaed raider (5 times a week) and take us (2 times if we are lucky). I dont think we lack skill but just plain time to do glory of the raider achievments! Sure if we had time to raid like hard core we would have them 10 times by now, but we dont. SO those oracle rmounts is a nice stuff for guys like us I think. Although too bad those mounts are getting kicked few reasons:
They could have dropped them down to 280% after next patch
They could have make the achievment must do in T7 gear
They could have do anything but they decided easy way out and simply remove them. I understand them but I am sad about it!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:15 am

Wait, what? They're removing some mounts because of ACHIEVEMENTS? Weren't achievements meant to bring something more to do, not get stuff removed from the game? Sometimes I just don't understand Blizzard's logics... 3.1.0 on PTR :D 313323
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:45 am

I don't like to be a bearer of bad news but it looks like 3.1.0 won't be around for few more weeks. Why? I'm just checking forums/news refering to PTRs and it seems they still have HUGE amount of bugs to sort out and Ulduar testing is still in progress Sad

I've seen Ulduar loot and it looks really nice Very Happy 25man (hard version) will drop 2h sword with end dmg of 999 and 2 gem slots Very Happy Model looks cool as well Very Happy

Check yourself (Voldrethar - 2h sword at the top of the list in this post):

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=43158.0

I don't really like warrior T8 shoulders... they look kinda 'flat' 3.1.0 on PTR :D 313323

Anyhow - looks like 10man Ulduar will give some upgrade to 10man Naxx but not neccesarily to 25man Naxx (it will be like for like 10man Ulduar and 25man Naxx). Good thing is 10man Ulduar will drop emblems of Valor so more T7.5 items will be up for grabs if we get it on farm Razz New emblems will drop in 25man only though same as T8 Sad This means that we'll have to try to get 25man team if we want to see T8 on our toons Razz

I hope all bugs will get sorted anytime soon and they will finally release it. Can't wait Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:49 am

Well I kinda see it as a good thing too. Will get us few more weeks to sort Nax out in peace so we can move on!

We will be able make Nax/Malygos 10 to Ulduar 10 transition without 25 mans right?
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:56 am

Teshija wrote:
We will be able make Nax/Malygos 10 to Ulduar 10 transition without 25 mans right?

Yes. Only thing is Ulduar 10 will require full Naxx/Maly 10 gear from what I heard as it'll be harder Smile Taking in account that some of us pugged 25man and got some ilvl213 gear it should not be an issue Smile Ofc full 25man gear would make it lot easier but it'll be absolutly fine to clear with 10man Naxx/Maly armor.

And yeah, you're probably right Smile This gives us some time to get last bits and pieces of Naxx gear and clear it in peace and move on to Maly before we set our feets in Ulduar Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:40 am

! ~ Update ~ !

http://www.wowhead.com/?patchnotes=3.1.0-ptr

They've nerferd mana regen from spirit by...........wait for it...................wait..............40%?! Looks like we'll all become Intellect and Spellpower whores like Paladins. Mad Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

Infact it seems that since they've changed Improved Regrowth, to Nature's Bounty, just goes to show that Int may well become the stat for Druids. ( Blizz aint gona let us have a +50% crit chance, then make us zerg Int so we got like +70% chance to crit Rolling Eyes ).
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:36 am

Great... Rolling Eyes Like I don't have mana issues as it is... But this will hit all healing classes 3.1.0 on PTR :D 313323 Yeah, looks like everyone will be fightng over +SP/Int gear....

DKs got some nerfs as well and TG for fury warriors will have 10% dmg penalty Suspect I hope they'll think about it once more before it hits normal realms...
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:02 am

One thing to bare in mind is that blizzard changes stuff and to what degree, so it effects PvE PvP or both - Theres always a reason behind it. As much as people hate " nerfs ", blizzard knows best.

But jeez! 40% reduction from spirit?!......20/30% ok. fair enough. Spirit is kinda OP - But 40% is stupidly high. Either way i'm looking forward to the change in play style tbh. ( Gief big numberz! Razz )

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:38 am

My Blizz downloader is downloading 3.1.0 atm Very Happy Almost 600MB Razz Looks like it might be live soon Very Happy
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:09 am

I saw that my downloader was downloading a 800 MB patch tonight....Smile Could it be that patch 3.10 is coming today and that we can finaly dual spec...Smile?
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:25 am

Unfortunatelly it's just a pre-patch mate Sad I have it as well (800MB - it was 600 and 200 over last two weeks) but when I logged into WoW this morning there was no new patch to install. So this 800MB just sits on my hard drive waiting for Blizz to launch it on live realms... Maybe next week Rolling Eyes
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum