Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JC and BS help?

5 posters

Go down

JC and BS help? Empty JC and BS help?

Post  Teshija Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:39 am

Well its like this althoug alchemy was immensly helpfull while leveling, cant shake off the feeling that I will benefit much more from BS/JC in the end!
In the end herbalism is not too much of a profit maker since I spend mats for my flasks and most of my money comes from doing dailyes and using Heavy to DE random green drops for me! So in the end I am not interily sure how much I am benefiting from 2 extra hours of potion duration, and lifeblood sucks about now. On the other hand BS will give me 2 extra sockets (in addition to belt one i can get without being BS) (i think I am right here, Buc?), and as JC ill be able to use those nice JC gems!
So to you guys which leveled it what do you think which option is better for tanking in the end:
Mining/BS or BS/JC.
And how much time and money you need to push it up (bear in mind that Nyc is 70 and have some minig on him not 450 but 400ish i think)
So the decision is definite just need a few oppinions of you guys that have the mentioned proffesions!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

JC and BS help? Empty Re: JC and BS help?

Post  Temple Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:49 am

BS/JC, the toughness benefit from mining is pretty much a waste of time.

If you've got mining on Nyc then you are already a big chunk of the way there. I must admit I have been thinking of doing just this on Temple for those benefits. You're going t need a LOT of ore though hehehehehe

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:56 am

Yea well was toying with those ideas for some time now. Final push was dual specs! Since I'll go for PvP there Alchemy there is total waste of resources, while gems and sockets are not!

So guys with JC and BS please I cant find anyplace those JC gems can u link them pls?
Also extra sockets, belt is available for all what others I am missing?
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:19 am

Im affraid im not mutch help her...Sad but i can take up space whit onother related question...Smile

Im thinking of abandoning engeneering and pick up enchanting or tailoring as sone as i find a replaysment for my goggels..... Enchanting have nice ring enchantments and tailoring have nice embroidery (plus a cool carpet...Smile). Plus i think you cane make some money from tailoring selling diferent clouth...Smile

So please any thoughts on benefits and the cost of lvl in them...Smile?
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:39 am

As far as BS is concerned i'll leave that up to buc to answer, i do how ever think those extra gem slots are nice but not sure how selling viable other BS items are.

To lvl JC is a bit of a pain in the bud. the lower levels of JC can be a bit time consuming where you need some gems from tin, iron, mithril (all the low lvl mines) etc and not many people farm those so you will pay a lot of gold on the AH to get them if you get them or you will have to resort to farming them your self which is time consuming in the fact you don't alway prospect the gems you need. JC is not the cheapest profession to lvl but i think the advantages when you get it lvl'ed is nice.

Low lvl JC stuff don't sell for a lot, but if you can sell the extra gems you don't need on AH you should be able to get some profit out of it.

At high Lvl JC is reasonable profitable, if you can mine the ores you can basically sell for nic clean profit either just the gems or finished cuts. The price of gems have come down a lot lately as more and more people start getting the Dalaran daily paterns. To get those tokens will also take some time aswell, it is a daily for one token and the normal recipes cost 3 tokens, meta goes for 5, epic rings for 6. so don't expect to build up your JC paterns to fast.

The epic JC only paterns is very nice. You can have 3 JC only gems socketed at the same time in any socket. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42225#reagent-for then you can also buy dragon eyes which cost one token and sell for a lot of gold on the AH, it also dropped a lot but is still nice profit, only problem is the token used for it could have been used to buy other paterns. Even if you don't have all the paterns you want yet is is always nice to prospect gems and then just get a JC to cut them at the fraction of the price it would have costed to buy on the AH.

The list of Dalaran daily quest tokens paterns are http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41596#currency-for

Saronite ores goes for around 25g per stack on AH so it is easy just to buy them up and have a good chance to prospect blue quality gems to sell. Red one are the rarest.

The only viable option for mining is that you can sell the ores you mine on AH, using em to prospect and by starting mining from scratch will help a lot in leveling JC/BS and the toughness skill gives 50 sta at max rank, which is nice. If you have another toon that can mine i would say maybe go BS/ JC and get best of both worlds

Here is also a nice JC lvl'ing guide with more infohttp://wow.thenoobschool.com/wow-jewelcrafting-guide-1-375

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:17 am

Thx a bunch Sil, realy helpfull Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:45 am

I'm toying with the idea of getting JC instead of mining myself atm Razz All I have from mining is one titansteel bar every day and 50stam. And ofc I can smelt ores for myslef which is sometimes cheaper than buying bars. JC seems to have few nice bonuses and combined with BS could give great boost to stats (2 extra sockets + JC specific gems). The only thing is JC is very expensive to lvl up (same as BS).

As to BS... oh the joy Laughing To be honest I make nice money with my BS at this stage Smile It was totally useless while I was leveling it but now it got way better in WotLK. The only thing with BS is you need probably 3-5k to lvl it up to 440 (max receipes are 440 but I think new stuff in 3.0.1 will be 450) and to go from 440-450 you have to craft epics... which means shit loads of titansteels. I got it up crafting for others and you lads Smile Now I don't advertise my BS on trade nor reply to LF BS as people expect you to do everything for half nothing and getting 50g tip for epic craft worth 1k is just silly. I prefer to put it up on AH and make 300g instead even if it takes few days to sell. But getting back on topic - BS/JC seems to be very nice combo for pve/pvp but my best guess would be 8k to lvl them both up using AH/trade for mats and with BS you'll get very little money back for low lvl crafts as their quality isn't great and if it's any good mats cost is through the roof...

Anyhow - would be great to have both and yes, you can make nice g with both BS and JC at max lvl but to get there you have to have tons of gold and patience as there's not much tbc mats on AH these days Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:52 am

Thx for replyes!

Well I will get Nyc up as farmer to help me get there. Have some low lvl stuff in stashes around but Ill start farming for mats about today. Actualy I am in no big hurry to get it so if I mange to pull it over month or so itll be more then great! Anyways Ill study powerleveling guides and when I gather enough mats will respecc professions. Will stay as Alchemist by then!

In the end its decided BS/JC with one Char support with mining/skinning!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum