Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to go about 4 horsman

4 posters

Go down

How to go about 4 horsman Empty How to go about 4 horsman

Post  Teshija Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:46 am

Ok now first look at this picture!
http://www.wowwiki.com/Image:Naxx4horse10men2.PNG
So lets say its like this!
Red - group1
Blue - group 2
Yellow - range dps
Green - healer

Yea first to explain the marks for you who didnot read it. Marks are debuff effect which stacks infinitly out of which first does 0 dmg, second 500, third 1500, fourth 4000, fifth 12500, sixth 20000 and every other will do 1 k higher dmg!They are cast every 12 seconds and have 25 sec duration.

OK first lets work out green and yellow since they ll be doing the same regarding of the tactics group 1 and 2 choose!
So yellow and green will be tanking the ranged dpses! Youll be getting marks at slower rate then groups, but they have the same effect, and since there is no real reason for you to DPS them down you guys need to stay alive if you die we all die! So I think there is no real reason for you two to wait 3 marks you can easily switch at 2. But you MUST switch. Also mind the floor AoE of the Lady!

As for group 1 and 2.
We have 2 options.
1. Divide equaly - 1 tank 1 healer and 2 DPSes. Encounter starts. We wait till mark 3. Then ONLY us tanks meet in middle switch bosses and return to our groups, so basicly all stay in same place as they started bosses are only ones to get moved about. Main reason for this is to prevent groups getting more debuff stacks then necessery! So again we wait for mark 3 and switch. In our last group composition we will require 3 or 4 switches if I am not mistaken.
2. Red group 1 healer and 1 tank, blue group healer, tank 4 DPses. With DPS we currently have I would be carefull using this tactic (although its easier switching wise), and would resort to it only with Shammy in group with bloodlust, I would be tanking in that group and would switch shout to battle, and DPses would be required to pop all Cds at the same time!The aim is to put down 1 as fast as we can. When first one is dead we realive the red group while they rest till they loose debuff then they switch with group two which takes turn in resting. Rinse and repeat!

Provided we got this far using any of the tactics yellow and green have their dance laid out easy and they can do it indeffinitly. So red and blue group will rest till debuff wears off. When they are clear we will join green and yellow IN THE MOMENT THEY SWITCH, so that we can continue switching together on next stacked marks. If we used option number 1 then its all the same which group joins who! But if we used option two then blue or DPS group will join DPS and red group or healer and tank group will join healer.

Up to this point we will see what our DPS is like and decide if we are using tactic 1 or 2 on the 2 remaining bosses!
Although I think if we have made it on option two on first pair we can repeat it on other pair since we will be joind with one extra DPS and boss will already be burned down a bit!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

How to go about 4 horsman Empty Re: How to go about 4 horsman

Post  Leannah Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:34 am

Sounds good my only question is when the first hoursman is down can one group just stand around and rest then untill the depuffs wheres of? My point is you dont get hit by any damage standing outside all the hoursmans debuff range?
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:48 am

We have to switch the moment the first one falls so we can realive the healer and tank, couse they need to rest first.
Lets say each group has 4 stacks of debuff when first one goes down. If DPS group rest healer and tank will get 5 and 6 debuff which is dangerous ( marks will scale to 20 000dmg). SO DPS group needs to take over so while 4 marks goes down dps group will recieve 0 dmg debuff and 500 dmg debuff and possibly 1500 dmg debuff (this way DPS group will have cumulative dmg of 5500) instead of risking 20000 on healer and tank.
Healer can still heal DPS group in range while he stands out of mark range. So when they are rested (idealy 3 mark on dps group by then) we switch again!

So no cheating we will need to switch!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:45 am

Yeah that point i get...Smile the thing as was woundering about is if standing outside all the hoursmans debuff raidius will cause and damage to that player... scratch. But i guess not, i might be confused about that and we see if i dose. No point scratching our hed about it...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:56 am

After last weekends raid, at night I'm dreaming of
Tesh saying "Taunt him" (in a slightly panicky voice)
and Aka saying "And we switch to green" (in his calm, smooth-operator voice)
Razz Razz Razz

I've been thinking and reading a lot about the four horsemen...
But imo it's useless unless we get there and wipe a number of times until we get it right
...as we did with Heigan *long* ago Smile
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:00 am

Twila wrote:After last weekends raid, at night I'm dreaming of
Tesh saying "Taunt him" (in a slightly panicky voice)
and Aka saying "And we switch to green" (in his calm, smooth-operator voice)
Razz Razz Razz

I've been thinking and reading a lot about the four horsemen...
But imo it's useless unless we get there and wipe a number of times until we get it right
...as we did with Heigan *long* ago Smile

O my you even dream about wow! And me wahts even worse Very Happy

Yea we will have to wipe a few Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:24 am

Main thing on 4 horseman is to get things right at the back of the room. If lads keeping ranged bosses at bay can manage to stay up then we have piss easy bit to do at front - just nuke boss and let tanks switch bosses every now and then till we have them both down and then move to the lads at the back of the room. The only difference at the back might be dpss and tanks moving between bosses together as they are ranged so not sure if tanks can drag them to the middle to swop them. I think we just have to run from one boss to another and nuke them Smile Well - we'll go there, we'll try few tacs, we'll find our way around it. Story end of Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum