Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yeat another silly quesion

5 posters

Go down

Yeat another silly quesion Empty Yeat another silly quesion

Post  Teshija Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:08 am

Started fooling abou on Nyc again and lokking at some damage dealing skill I see some calculses which say RAP + something * something blal bla.
Whats RAP attack power, waht?

No idea on this DPS language!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Yeat another silly quesion Empty Re: Yeat another silly quesion

Post  Temple Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:16 am

Teshija wrote:Started fooling abou on Nyc again and lokking at some damage dealing skill I see some calculses which say RAP + something * something blal bla.
Whats RAP attack power, waht?

No idea on this DPS language!

RAP stands for 'Ranged Attack Power' - however I *think* it's all just AP now, though someone will need to confirm that......?

The abbreviation that *always* gets me is RNG, now - I know it means Random Number Generator (cause I asked on here before) but my brain always just translates it into the word RaNGe..... which always gets me confused cause it never fits the context of the conversation:

Gredeth: Prospected 20 stacks of ore and not one Blue gem! damn you RNG!
Me (thinking): What the hell has range got to do with prospecting?

D'OH!

(still on the effects of the coffee, if you want me to post something stupid now's the time to ask.........).

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:23 am

[quote="Temple"]
Teshija wrote:

D'OH!

(still on the effects of the coffee, if you want me to post something stupid now's the time to ask.........).

YOu have no vision Temples! Let me explain!

The closer you stand to the ore when prospecting the greater the chance youll see small gems in the ore. Hence ther RaNGe should be cloes as possible, prefferably holding the ore up to its nose! Thats for nearsighted. For far sighted situation is opposite OFC. They must hold the ore on the tip of their extended fingers of their extended arms!

Same as with gems you mine from nodes.

See its easy Very Happy
Thx for help tho!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:27 am

Teshija wrote:

The closer you stand to the ore when prospecting the greater the chance youll see small gems in the ore. Hence ther RaNGe should be cloes as possible, prefferably holding the ore up to its nose! Thats for nearsighted. For far sighted situation is opposite OFC. They must hold the ore on the tip of their extended fingers of their extended arms!

I think there's a macro to do that... Smile
find the optimal range for prospecting and such
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:05 am

[quote="Teshija"]
Temple wrote:
Teshija wrote:

D'OH!

See its easy Very Happy
Thx for help tho!

This post is made of awesome hehehehehehehe nice one Tesh, made me laugh Very Happy (and strangely - it makes sense too.....)

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:24 am

[quote="Teshija"]
Temple wrote:
Teshija wrote:

D'OH!

See its easy Very Happy
Thx for help tho!

(MT and Healer discution)............... and we (the DPS) get blaimd for whipes.............

...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:28 am

Oh no Twila not you as well i was just making a point that we DPS are smarter.... Yeat another silly quesion 313323

back to topic. I thought RAP stod for "rapid fire" if its in a description of a rotation but your range attac power is mutch more logical Temp...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:02 am

Leanah1 wrote:Oh no Twila not you as well i was just making a point that we DPS are smarter.... Yeat another silly quesion 313323

back to topic. I thought RAP stod for "rapid fire" if its in a description of a rotation but your range attac power is mutch more logical Temp...Smile

And here is our RANGED DPS who did all his talent build thinking like it Yeat another silly quesion 313323
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:22 am

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:21 am

You would think i bend down now and accept my misstake...... You are all ofc wrong sins im sticking by me point that RAP stand for rapid fire... Suspect

.... Yeat another silly quesion 537860
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:12 am

"Rapping (also known as emceeing, MCing, spitting, or just rhyming) is the rhythmic spoken delivery of rhymes, wordplay, and poetry. Rapping is a primary ingredient in Hip Hop music, but the phenomenon predates Hip Hop culture by centuries. Rapping can be delivered over a beat or without accompaniment. Stylistically, rap occupies a gray area among speech, prose, poetry, and song. The use of the word to describe quick speech or repartee long predates the musical form, meaning originally "to hit". The word had been used in British English since the 16th century, and specifically meaning "to say" since the 18th. It was part of the African American dialect of English in the 1960s meaning "to converse", and very soon after that in its present usage as a term denoting the musical style. Today, the terms "rap" and "rapping" are so closely associated with Hip Hop music that many use the terms interchangeably. For purposes of clarity, this article focuses rapping, as a technique or activity."

What do I win? afro
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:46 pm

Gredeth wrote:"Rapping (also known as emceeing, MCing, spitting, or just rhyming) is the rhythmic spoken delivery of rhymes, wordplay, and poetry. Rapping is a primary ingredient in Hip Hop music, but the phenomenon predates Hip Hop culture by centuries. Rapping can be delivered over a beat or without accompaniment. Stylistically, rap occupies a gray area among speech, prose, poetry, and song. The use of the word to describe quick speech or repartee long predates the musical form, meaning originally "to hit". The word had been used in British English since the 16th century, and specifically meaning "to say" since the 18th. It was part of the African American dialect of English in the 1960s meaning "to converse", and very soon after that in its present usage as a term denoting the musical style. Today, the terms "rap" and "rapping" are so closely associated with Hip Hop music that many use the terms interchangeably. For purposes of clarity, this article focuses rapping, as a technique or activity."

What do I win? afro

I could post up some youtube links for the Hilltop Hoods or Funkoars if you like? or maybe Bliss'n'Eso? Drapht?

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:45 pm

Actually I was thinking something along the lines of a chocolate bar or something.. Sad
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Gredeth wrote:Actually I was thinking something along the lines of a chocolate bar or something.. Sad

Ah cool, go buy yourself a chocolate bar and pretend it's from us Smile

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down