Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sapph downed!!!

+6
Temple
Berg
Akaris
Serjo
Buculus
Zarck
10 posters

Go down

Sapph downed!!! Empty Sapph downed!!!

Post  Zarck Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:30 am

Fantastic effort by everyone!

Now its just Kel left for a guild clear of naxx.

Maybe we can get a Malygos raid one of the days after server down, it would be another great progress step for us as a guild. I have had malygos on farm as both 10-man and 25-man and know the tactics by heart and would be honored to be able to assist the guild to best Malygos.

I would also like to say that we have some very nice members in the guild and the laid back atmosphere is very refreshing for me Smile

Zarck

Back to top Go down

Sapph downed!!! Empty Re: Sapph downed!!!

Post  Buculus Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:37 am

I'm happy as pig in the sugar that we have finally downed Sapp and got key to EoE Laughing Really great work everyone Smile

Zarck - it will be great if you could lead us through EoE Smile If we have enough people tonight to down Kel (I probably won't come but not 100% sure as yet) we could have a go at EoE next weekend!
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Serjo Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:39 am

Gratz guys!

Since it's a single Boss fight hope i can join to try it if you get there a bit late ... Smile.

Have you all a great time!

Serjo

Serjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:45 am

Woooo! Its about ruddy time too!! Razz

Congrats all. Sapph downed!!! 342285

( See, all i gota do it threaten ya with a verbal beating and your off downing bosses hehe lol! )
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:48 am

Akaris wrote:
( See, all i gota do it threaten ya with a verbal beating and your off downing bosses hehe lol! )

Laughing Laughing Laughing hehe Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:42 am

If I'm not still saved for Naxx tonight I might be able to join you if needed.. Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:12 am

Lorandir wrote:If I'm not still saved for Naxx tonight I might be able to join you if needed.. Smile

If you were in Naxx after Wednesday last week you'll still have save Sad It resets on Wednesdays (both raids and saves) but check it mate and if you're free I really hope we'll have enough people to down Kel tonight before it all resets tomorrow Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:15 am

I think I should be around if you need a healer.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:48 am

So what group set up are you using? Classes, numbers etc....curious Rolling Eyes
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:03 am

we downed sapph on 9-man

Teshija, Silahco, Zarck, Nahimana, Leannah, Erling , Twila
pugs: Yornh (paladin healer) and Blindbride (priest healer)
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:17 am

Akaris wrote:So what group set up are you using? Classes, numbers etc....curious Rolling Eyes

It was all changing during the raid Razz

Generally on Sunday we had:

Warrior tank (Tesh)
Paladin tank (Silahco)
Priest healer (Shanla)
Druid healer (Dirtyboy)
Druid healer (Nahimana)
Mage dps (Leannah)
DK dps (Zarck)
DK dps (Erling)
Priest dps (Blindbride)
Rogue dps (Riath)
Warrior dps (Krosof)
Paladin dps (Supul)

It gives 12 players in total as we had some rotation (Dirtyboy and Riath had to leave before end) and we only had 2 healers on Patchwerk and on 2 bosses in Military.

Yesterday we had:

DK tank (Zarck - tank on 4 horseman and 3 bosses in construct and dps on Sapp and Kel as Tesh joined us on 4 horseman)
Warrior tank (Tesh on 4 horseman and 2 last bosses)
Paladin tank (Silahco - also healing himself and Twila on 4 horseman as we had only 2 healers Razz)
Paladin helaer (Yornh)
Druid healer (Nahimana)
Mage dps (Leannah)
Warlock dps (Twila)
DK dps (Erling)
Priest dps (Blindbride - also as healer on Sapp)
Paladin dps (Supul - kindly gave his spot to Tesh on 4 horseman)
Rogue dps (pug - left before we downed Sapp)
Hunter dps (pug - left before we downed Sapp)

Generally I think we 9 man Sapp in the end and same with Kel. We had only 2 healers on 4 horseman and Silahco was at the back with Twila tanking and healing at the same time. Blindbride joined us when we were on Sapp to help me and Yornh with healing and healing on Kel as well.

As you see it was bit messy as there was some rotation during the raid Smile

I hope I didn't forget anyone - if I did please tell me who else was there with us and I'll add to the list Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:36 am

Uh oh sounds like you had some interesting fights, healer wise Twisted Evil

Sapph downed!!! 342285
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:47 am

Akaris wrote:Uh oh sounds like you had some interesting fights, healer wise Twisted Evil

Sapph downed!!! 342285

Especially with me screwing up on Sapp Laughing It took us 2 wipes before Blindbride told us we have to decurse 'life drain' as it deals 3-4k dmg per tick and heals Sapp for big amount at the same time Razz So at the start I failed running from blizzard and decursing (as I was not aware of it) so we wpied 2 or 3 times and then when Blindbride enlightened us it took us only 1 more wipe before we downed him from what I remember (and we 9 man it). It was also very nice performance by Silahco on 4 horseman as we had 2 healers only (me and Yornh - pug pally) so he had to go with Twila and take care of the bosses at the back.

On Sunday we were left with 2 healers (me and Shanla) only on 2 bosses in Military and Patchwerk and in Spider and Plague we had 3rd healer with us - Dirtyboy. It was nice and easy in Military even with 2 healers only but we wiped once or twice on Patchwerk as we had difficulties to keep up with healing (me and Shanla). Half of the raid was dead (incl. 1 tank) when we downed him Laughing

But it was great fun Smile I'm not a healer on a daily basis so I made a lot of mistakes along the way and still have HUGE mana efficiency problems... Innervate and pots were in use all the time but I still run oom in the middle of the Kel fight Sad I can blame mana bomb which dropped on me but still my mana regen is way too low Sad
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:21 am

Buculus wrote:
Akaris wrote:Uh oh sounds like you had some interesting fights, healer wise Twisted Evil

Sapph downed!!! 342285

Especially with me screwing up on Sapp Laughing It took us 2 wipes before Blindbride told us we have to decurse 'life drain' as it deals 3-4k dmg per tick and heals Sapp for big amount at the same time Razz So at the start I failed running from blizzard and decursing (as I was not aware of it) so we wpied 2 or 3 times and then when Blindbride enlightened us it took us only 1 more wipe before we downed him from what I remember (and we 9 man it). It was also very nice performance by Silahco on 4 horseman as we had 2 healers only (me and Yornh - pug pally) so he had to go with Twila and take care of the bosses at the back.

On Sunday we were left with 2 healers (me and Shanla) only on 2 bosses in Military and Patchwerk and in Spider and Plague we had 3rd healer with us - Dirtyboy. It was nice and easy in Military even with 2 healers only but we wiped once or twice on Patchwerk as we had difficulties to keep up with healing (me and Shanla). Half of the raid was dead (incl. 1 tank) when we downed him Laughing

But it was great fun Smile I'm not a healer on a daily basis so I made a lot of mistakes along the way and still have HUGE mana efficiency problems... Innervate and pots were in use all the time but I still run oom in the middle of the Kel fight Sad I can blame mana bomb which dropped on me but still my mana regen is way too low Sad

I don't think i actual used my innervate on any fights. Actauly tell a lie - I used it on the Fealina when we did the nuke tactic, for the achievement. But thats it!

All i can say is, that your role as a Druid is purely to keep the raid topped up. Let the Paladin / Priest cast-healing on the raid.

If you can keep the synergy between the two different styles of healing, then it'll make the job easyier to everyone in the raid. Just remember that you can allow each person to take a " break " to regen ( Stop casting, allowing the OSFSR regen to take over on longer fights ). And that you can lessen/increase the load on each person allowing that person to lessen the healing they do, via less casting, letting them regen yet keeping them healing to some degree.

Other then that cast-healing on a Druid isn't realy needed on most fights in Naxx 10, maybe on Maexxna before/after the web wrap or on Loatheb, on the tanks/healers in the healing window or on the OT on Patchwerk.

( Note: Not sure what the patch has changed, healing/regen wise. So all could of changed )

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:28 am

Hehe don't be so hard on yourself buc, all our healers did great over the weekend.

From what i have read on the wow forums all healers are having huge problems with mana regen after the 40% spirit nerf.

Soon i'll have enough gold saved up to dual spec holy. There are some fights that don't really need a OT so i can help out on healing, and with Zarck carrying a tanking set with him, he can easliy tank some of the mobs if we need 3 healers ie. 4 horsemen

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:19 am

Yea dual specs sure come in handy Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:28 am

Well a lot was sad hear and i but i have some thing to coment on

Buc: You did great and so did all the healers so just growe a pair of acornīs and get back on the hours...Smile... I love you I love you

Sil: Smaching ide one more healer is always welcomme and many fights dont need more the one Tank...Smile

Zarck: Great ide if you done it befor i think you shall lead use throu EoE, Twila posted one interesting thing as well under another tread about doing the Aces high daily quest to learn how the drakes works. Witch i think is realy good ide and well wourth the effort sins we can do it solo whenever we have the time....Smile

Lorandir: I think your still saved untill wensday, but check ...Smile If You are there is always next sunday...Smile just signe up for it, its under "raid" and "naxx 26 ****"...Smile

Its true that Yornh was a pug on this rune but he will hopully be in the guild sone...Smile aspacially sins he got some nice loot... Sapph downed!!! 625610 ... I love you I love you

Unfortunatly i will not be online tonight but i will come online real quick around 19.00 servertime if there is any info you need from me if you want to try and make a go for Kel...Smile

Other then that im looking forward to a EoE run later this week i guess we have to disccus time and date but i say lets try it early after the reset that way we will have some time to break him down...Smile. And the most importent part traine for it by doing the daily quest in Coldarra: Aces High! (Thx Twila for that info...Smile). I heard the drakes kan be tricky and i would guess the daily qest is there just for this reson...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:48 am

Buculus wrote:
Lorandir wrote:If I'm not still saved for Naxx tonight I might be able to join you if needed.. Smile

If you were in Naxx after Wednesday last week you'll still have save Sad It resets on Wednesdays (both raids and saves) but check it mate and if you're free I really hope we'll have enough people to down Kel tonight before it all resets tomorrow Smile

I'm still saved, but I think I'm ready on sunday depending on what plans my girlfriend has made and when we expect to stop.
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:00 am

Aka - I think I know what I'm doing wrong now Razz I try t keep HoTs on everyone who needs them (to soak in AoE dmg on encounters) and cast heal tanks as well. Rolling lifeblooms on tanks costs much more after patch. I think I have to trust other healers more. I act like I'm the only healer out there trying to keep everyone up and running oom half way through the fight... At the end of the day it's not 5man instance and I'm not the only healer out there. I read your post and later on we encountered Kel few more times and I tried to step back from cast healing and keep HoTs up on raid throwing Swiftmend every now and then. Turned out to be better approach - I didn't run oom even once (even though I had mana bomb on me at the start) and I think we managed to keep raid up for most of the fight. I have to learn that when someone's HP drops drastically I'm not the one with best arsenal of cast heals out there and I should wait a sec for other healers to pick this person up and cast healing spell on him/her while I throw few HoTs in the mean time to make it smoother.

Anyhow - thanks for your thoughts on this matter Smile It helps me a lot Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:08 am

Buculus wrote:Aka - I think I know what I'm doing wrong now Razz I try t keep HoTs on everyone who needs them (to soak in AoE dmg on encounters) and cast heal tanks as well. Rolling lifeblooms on tanks costs much more after patch. I think I have to trust other healers more. I act like I'm the only healer out there trying to keep everyone up and running oom half way through the fight... At the end of the day it's not 5man instance and I'm not the only healer out there. I read your post and later on we encountered Kel few more times and I tried to step back from cast healing and keep HoTs up on raid throwing Swiftmend every now and then. Turned out to be better approach - I didn't run oom even once (even though I had mana bomb on me at the start) and I think we managed to keep raid up for most of the fight. I have to learn that when someone's HP drops drastically I'm not the one with best arsenal of cast heals out there and I should wait a sec for other healers to pick this person up and cast healing spell on him/her while I throw few HoTs in the mean time to make it smoother.

Anyhow - thanks for your thoughts on this matter Smile It helps me a lot Smile

Happy to help Sapph downed!!! 342285

* Ego....too big....can't..fit....through door.....argh!* Sapph downed!!! 313323 Razz
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum