Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gemming for PvP

5 posters

Go down

Gemming for PvP Empty Gemming for PvP

Post  Teshija Fri May 15, 2009 12:02 am

Well as the title say it?

I know how to do it for tanking, experience + reading up a bit but in the end its more of an experience i think.
So I hit the wall here! Had a little chat with Stenchscum yestrday and I am kinda in dark how to gem properly.
Obviously Ill need a lot of resiliance, but thats not the main issue since most gems for pvp hold ressiliance and other stat.

Main problem is DPS vise - or to go for streangth, attack power, critical (really think aggility is pointless here). In which of those three to focus or to distribute evenly. For tanking purposes I try to distribute evenly between dodge, block and trying to forget about parry for example (altho tahts not as bad as people say it is).

Also what about stamina? Should I gem for it as well?
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Gemming for PvP Empty Re: Gemming for PvP

Post  Twila Fri May 15, 2009 1:53 am

I'm no expert, but I think resilience and stamina are the most important stats,
particulary in the arena

Resilience
"reduces the chance to receive critical strikes or spell critical strikes, reduces the damage taken from critical strikes and spell critical strikes, and reduces the damage taken from damage over time effects." [wowwiki]

The less damage you take, and the more damage you can take, longer you're on your feet doing damage.

Comparing 'Valorous' gear to 'Deadly' gear, the 'Deadly' gear always has a lot more stamina and less intellect than the 'Valorous' gear in the warlock set at least.
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri May 15, 2009 1:55 am

So basicly damage output is not as important as staying alive?
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Fri May 15, 2009 2:21 am

Check this guy out - second highest ranked 2v2 warrior in our battlegroup (Ally but that doesn't matter)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ahn%27Qiraj&n=M%C3%B3%C3%B3

He looks to be stacking Crit and AP where possible.

The highest rated warrior dude had his PvE gear on when I looked at his armory.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri May 15, 2009 2:27 am

Hmm yea has talent build similar to what I have made so thats ok, only me idiot forgot to put 1 in piercing howl, 50g out of window again!!!!!

Looks like he decided to forget resiliance while gemming and put all in streanght, AP, and stamina. But, he has alot of epics PvP so I think Ill have to work around on that abit and gem to stam as well Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Fri May 15, 2009 3:28 am

Depends a little on what kind of pvp it is and in arena on what team you have..

If you're going arena you should always have pvp gear on for the resilience, but you can be almost sure that the opponent will try to kill you last because you are warrior. So in this case I'd say you should go attack power and Crit gems. This is also what I would use in Battlegrounds because warriors (in my experience) normally isn't the first one's to get attacked.

However if you team up in 2v2 with another warrior or DK, which i wouldn't recommend, you should go for the resilience because you're gonna have a really hard time in there without a healer and no where to escape. Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri May 15, 2009 4:02 am

Thx for input as it seems me and Stench will have a hard time in Very Happy
But we will prevail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri May 15, 2009 5:16 am

Berg wrote:Depends a little on what kind of pvp it is and in arena on what team you have..

If you're going arena you should always have pvp gear on for the resilience, but you can be almost sure that the opponent will try to kill you last because you are warrior. So in this case I'd say you should go attack power and Crit gems. This is also what I would use in Battlegrounds because warriors (in my experience) normally isn't the first one's to get attacked.

However if you team up in 2v2 with another warrior or DK, which i wouldn't recommend, you should go for the resilience because you're gonna have a really hard time in there without a healer and no where to escape. Smile

If they dont go after warriors first who do they go after....... not mages right...... Shocked ...... right..... Shocked
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Fri May 15, 2009 10:19 am

hehe Leannah Smile

ofc I could be wrong, but healers, cloth users and casters are normally the first targets in arenas from my experience (small as it may be).. Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum