Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And the Legendary bow goes to............. the ROGUE!

5 posters

Go down

And the Legendary bow goes to............. the ROGUE! Empty And the Legendary bow goes to............. the ROGUE!

Post  Akaris Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:27 am

So i'm a tad bored atm. Browsing WoW related sites, i come across this dodgy topic >

http://nihilum.mousesports.com/forum/general-discussion/15217-legendary-bow-drama.html

A question:

Put yourself in the Hunter's shoes. What would you do?

Any management reading, how would you justify it?

I'd be annoyed for sure, but being so new, i don't think i could complain tbh.

FUN FUN FUN! Very Happy
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

And the Legendary bow goes to............. the ROGUE! Empty Re: And the Legendary bow goes to............. the ROGUE!

Post  Temple Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:24 am

I think that's disgusting. If a hunter weapon drops - it goes to of the hunters, I don't give a crap if the hunter is a pug and he wins the roll over my best friend who saved my life in 'Nam - the pug gets it.

Stupidity - utter utter stupidity. Elistist raiding guild crap makes me sick it really does, the day I go on a run (of any sort) just to loot-whore is the day I stop playing.

Then again - I don't play for the loot, I play for helping friends (particularly ones who saved me in 'Nam) and killing allys Very Happy.

Temple

Back to top Go down

And the Legendary bow goes to............. the ROGUE! Empty Re: And the Legendary bow goes to............. the ROGUE!

Post  Buculus Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:33 am

Pfff... what a mess Very Happy

Now to answer your question Akaris... It's not straight forward answer - kinda right or wrong if you know what I mean.

(This is a moment where dkp is a priceless system when used correctly but I'll come back to DKP later on Smile )

When distributing epic/legendary loot you have to take in account many factors. First of all you should estimate which class can benefit most from this drop. Generally speaking hunters are the only class that uses bows/crossbows as their main weapon. All other classes with ability to use ranged weapon will use it only for pulls or when immobilized but their usage of this weapon will be very limited as no matter what speed this weapon has you'll have your own cd on 'shoot' ability. Having said that every class that can use ranged weapons would like to have best weapon they can get in this slot - even if they use it only from time to time (rogues, warriors, etc.)

Now when you have established that, you have to ask yourself another question. Who is the most valuable player between those who would like to get this loot. Would you give legendary drop to a hunter who's not very active, new to the guild and you don't know him much? Maybe this lad will dissapear after few days with this bow and smile on his face... Many people joins guilds just to get some loot and then they leave, go to another server, etc. How can you justify it in this situation? That's probably why they gave it to long term player.

Problem with me is that I generally trust and belive in people... I'd like our guildies to have best possible weapons and armor to allow them to contribute to our wins and progress. Maybe that's why I would give this bow to a hunter? Naive? Maybe. Maybe it would motivate him to be more active, to raid more, etc? Or maybe not... You never know. And what about long time friends standing around and waiting for you to make up your mind? All of them would love to get it as much as this hunter I bet. Everyone likes to have uniqe gear even if it's not their main weapon. Look at the stats this bow has... Every class can benefit from them.

You see, I'm here for fun and not for loot. For me social aspects are more important than stats on my weapons. Having said that I'll chase every piece of armor and every weapon useable to me when I have a chance to get best weapons and armor I can use but at the same time I'll pass on it if someone needs it more then me and I won't look back. There's always next time...

Imagine yourself as this hunter - you joined new guild, you have paid for the transfer and you spend your time to help them in raids and at the end probably best weapon you could get goes to some lad who won't be useing it as his main... I would be really pissed off. What motivation this lad will have after all this? Will he stay with the guild? To be honest I understand their decision and respect it but at the same time I would leave this guild.

Ehh, I think I'm all over the place with my post but it's not that easy to answer it without some background. Anyway - I'd give this weapon to a hunter. Even if he was new in the guild. I belive that first say have people who can use this weapon/armor as their main and only when they pass other people can raise their hand. Maybe it's naive but that's my opinion. If it was not a weapon that can be used as a main one, then most valuable players have first say. No new member can expect us to give something he can use but doesn't really need it over long term members and raiders. I think this is understandable as long as we are all mature enough to cope with it. If someone needs it as a secondary weapon - let's raid more so that everyone can get it. Yes, it takes time.

And what if someone would get pissed off because of my deicsion? I belive that people in our Guild are all mature and joined us to have a laugh and fun. If someone takes it too serious then we might run into some problems later on down the road. My priority is to give people best weapons and armor for their main build. Only if they already have it or don't need it we can consider passing it onto someone else. Only this way we can progress and improve as a Guild.

I might get stabbed in the back for my way of thinking and if this will ever happen I might reconsider it all but for now that's what I would do and I belive that other lads standing around would understand as long as they share my point of view - fun over loot. If they not... that's where we will be forced to introduce DKP... We won't need to think about it as long as we can discuss and agree to things. No loot in game is one off. There's always a chance to get another one. And it will be much easier to get this second/third/fourth drop when we will give weapons and armor to people who need them in the first place.

With DKP it's all very rigid and official if you know what I mean. It kills fun and friendly approach as you start counting, judging, evaluating... That's not what it's all about. For me it's all about fun, friends, chat. Weapons ans armor? Great if I get them today. If I won't - tomorrow is another day Smile

Getting to the bottom line - I would give it to hunter so that he could improve his dps and help us in another runs to get it for someone who needs it as a secondary weapon Smile If he would leave us - so what? It may happen. Who can guarantee me here and now that someone who's with us for long time now won't quit tomorrow?

And what would you do Akaris? Smile

Last edited by Buculus on Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:34 am

Just to explain - first part of my post explains why they gave it to rogue and second part explains what I would do Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:07 am

heheh nice post Smile well written and thought out.

Strangely I could tell that the first part was your explanation of someone else's action and the second part is what you'd do because - and this made me chuckle - I completely disagree with the first part and completely agree with the second part hehehehe.

It's my personal opinion that too much emphasis is put on 'how the loot should be divided', it's made into this whole complicated, calculated system, (I suspect sometimes just to hide the favoritism way of giving loot to your mates) that supposedly takes into account all sorts of factors when at the end of the day it's really very simple:

Order of loot priority:

1) If you can use it, it's 'for your class' and you don't have anything better - it's yours, more than one person eligible? roll for it.
2) Roll for it.

If what you wanted didn't drop, or you lost the roll - better luck next time but no hard feelings. Their are so many holes in the raid rules/DKP systems - they are simply additional complication for no reason

Alexander the Great had the right idea about this sort of situation.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:30 am

Well Buculus, i'd say you covered it pretty much.

Well if i were either of the Hunters i would:

A, Decline the weapon as a show of good standing with the new guild. And to show loyalty, commitment. That your not just raiding for teh purpz.

Offering it to anyone else, even the other new Hunter.

( I'd expect to be questioned on the decline, if i were in a guild like that ).

If i were the Rogue:

I'd decline it - straight off. When it comes down to the weapon, reguardless of colour ( Ironic ), it should always go to the class that can utilize it best. The Hunter.

Which in a guild like that, should always happen. The Rogue uses it purely as a stat stick. Not for pulling, not for PvP.

If i were the Guild Master / Raid Leader:

I'd 100%, no questions asked, give it to either Hunter. A simple /roll for it.

My reason being:

A thank you for PCT'ing to our guild, and helping us down the boss. After all they did help.

If the Rogue /gquited because he didn't get it, i'd be seriously dissapointed. After being in the guild that long, you'd expect him to not care about the loot.

If you look at the Warglaives. It's limited to the Rogue and the Warrior. Would you give it to a Rogue or Warrior first? Rogue.

If you look at Thori'dal. It's not limited at all. But even if it was limited to the Hunter/Rogue, would you still give it to the Rogue first? I wouldn't. Hunter > Rogue.

The fact that the Rogue had been with the guild fromt he start means FA in my book ( In terms of loot prioritizing ).

Just because theres DPS plate gear, does that mean your main tank gets it over the DPS plate wearer? No.

Just becasue theres DPS cloth gear, does that mean your healers should get it over the DPS cloth wearer? No.

These would be seccondary sets for the classes. But the loot always go to the main players.
I.e. The actaul DPS classes. Not the ones that specc DPS for farm runs or PvP.

Point i'm trying to make is that, because it's legendary, because it's not limited to a class. Should that mean you should give it to a class that'll get less of an upgrade? No.

Lets see how else we can compare it...

Aha! Example:

Black bow of the betrayer. Epic. But because of the procc, it's only realy useful for Hunters.

Same can be said for the legendary bow.
The fact that it doesn't need ammo, makes it perfect for hunters. Or even better. The fact that it increases ranged attack speed by 15%, makes it perfect for Hunters

Yet will any class ( that can use it ) still take it because of the useless procc?

Epic. Probably not.
Legendary. Yes.

Is it because it's legendary?
Would the Rogue of happily declined the epic bow?

Final note. In my opinion this is a Hunter's weapon.

If the Rogue and Hunters swopped position ( The Hunter's had been in the guild since it began, and the Rogue recently joined) , and neither Hunter got it. I would /gquit.

Thats like saying. " Thanks for the loyalty. You've downed Illidan, you've downed Kil'Jadean. But we're gona give it to the Rogue...Yea he'll get less use out of it, but oh well ".
The Hunter's had been in the guild since it began, and the Rogue recently joined

Last edited by Akaris on Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:33 am

bahahaha funny shit, the term is no longer "hunters loot" xD

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Zevra Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:02 pm

may i /cry ? im not even lvl 70 yet but that... thats just ridiculus :S i would have /gquit joined another guild/transfered server

Zevra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down