Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello again

5 posters

Go down

Hello again Empty Hello again

Post  Anaplian Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:24 am

For some reason I found myself downloading the client again this morning, and thought I'd pop in and say hello. Apparently you've all left me for pastures new!

Apart from the location of the bank, auction house and hunter trainer in Org, I seem to have forgotten just about everything else. (Took me at least three minutes remembering how to summon my mount!) So yeah, just when I'd gotten used used to the game before, I come back and it looks new and complicated and scary again!

Only messing around with the free 10-day WotLK trial at the moment, but we shall see. I hope things are going well for you all. Smile
Anaplian
Anaplian

Back to top Go down

Hello again Empty Re: Hello again

Post  Buculus Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:14 am

Hello Very Happy Good to hear from you again Smile As you probably have seen we moved from Shattered Hand to Chromaggus while you were not here Smile If you decide to move to Chromaggus our doors will be open for you Smile Let us know how you're getting on with WoW and I hope to see you in game again Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:54 am

Anaplian you now we will welcome you with open hands and all the help we can muster Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:30 am

Ana...Smile long time no see...Smile I do hope you deside to come back to use and as Tesh said we will help you as mutch as posible...Smile

Hope everything is well...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anaplian Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:20 pm

Well, I was reorganizing my trays and I think I threw my mount away somehow. Now to see if I remember the route back to Silvermoon... Wink

Edit: I have another colour version in the bank, yay! Haha, I am so out of my depth again.
Anaplian
Anaplian

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Accualy the mount is no longer an item its a spell that you can find under the "charecter" bar (if im not misstaken)...Smile ther you will find a "curtin" (i dont knowe the eng word) whit "Pet" or "mount" written on it...Smile.

It works like reading a cooking recipe...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:01 am

Leannah wrote:Accualy the mount is no longer an item its a spell that you can find under the "charecter" bar (if im not misstaken)...Smile ther you will find a "curtin" (i dont knowe the eng word) whit "Pet" or "mount" written on it...Smile.

It works like reading a cooking recipe...Smile

Char Sheet > Pets Tab, Mounts button - there they are!

I think the word you were after Lea was 'tab'.

<snip>
tab 1 (tb)
n.
1. A projection, flap, or short strip attached to an object to facilitate opening, handling, or identification.
<snip>

the word you used 'curtain':

<snip>
cur·tain (kūrtn)
n.
1. Material that hangs in a window or other opening as a decoration, shade, or screen.
2. Something that functions as or resembles a screen, cover, or barrier: the curtain of mist before the mountain; a heavy curtain of artillery fire.
<snip>

HTH Smile

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Anaplian Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:22 am

Well, I think I'm slowly getting the hang of it again. Played a little last night, ended up exploring Ungoro Crater. Grabbed a couple of quests, cruised around firing pointy sticks into things for a while, eventually even hit 54!

Seems like there are just enough changes to confuse me. Pets are weird as hell now. Am I right in that pets don't have talent trees anymore, stuff like Growl is inherent now, and instead each species of pet has a unique skill? I guess I'm going to have to get rid of my Owl. Sad

Not needing to weave my shots is weird - although cool - and Disengage is fun. Very Happy

Stull like chain-trapping is still a bit beyond me, but I'm getting there!
Anaplian
Anaplian

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:29 am

Pets have their own complete Talent tree (though not as big as character talent trees) and you need to spend point in them same as with your character.

There are 3 different trees depending on which of the 3 'archetypes' of pet you have - Tenacious (tanking), Cunning (PvP), and erm, the other one which I've forgotten (DPS).

Pets themselves still come in families (Wolves, Birds of Prey, Cats etc..) and each family has a unique ability (apart from cats which have two class abilities).

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:49 am

Hehe yeah that is the word Temp...Smile

and the DPS tree is ferocious...Smile

Yeah pets now have there own talent tree but alsow one special attack that is uniqe (Although imo they dont differ much). Abileties like growel and cowed excist on all pets and it will increas whene the pet lvl (Ithink not sure though). Abilaties that you earlier learnd from pets like charge can now be found in thes telent trees and point can be spent on it...Smile. The 3 trees are as Temp mantion Ferocios (DPS), Tenattious (Tank), cunning (PVP). and diferent pets belongs to diferent tress like for instent Cats (Ferocios), Boars (Tenatious), Ravanger (Cunning). The familys can be found at Petopia Which is a great side BTW....Smile

And i think your Owl might be in the Cunning tree...Smile. But if you like me are real attach to you pet you can always spec it to your liking and that is defelently true for cunning pets...Smile

I just lvl up my hunter now and i most say that they are realy fun to play and imo the best lvl spec is Beast master....Smile. This cause the pets have become mutch better now and if you for instens chose a Tanking pet and spec him for it he will defenetly keep aggro and alsow take alot of beating...Smile. So the pets are now realy practical and mutch more versatial then befor imo...Smile. On Rattaxus (my tank) for instens i have growel, tant and warstomp. so its more or less imposible for me to take aggro from him...Smile. I did not try any DPS or Cunning pet whene i was lvl but i think they can be usefull as well...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anaplian Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:46 am

Leannah wrote:Abilaties that you earlier learnd from pets like charge can now be found in thes telent trees and point can be spent on it...

Ahh, the talent tree is new, not the old skills... that's what I was thinking of. I guess I spent last night using an untrained pet! Embarassed Thanks guys. Smile
Anaplian
Anaplian

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:37 am

Hows it going Ana...Smile Can we expect the pleasur of your company on Chromaggus...Smile?
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum