Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Argent jousting matches for Moo (and all others who want to know how)

3 posters

Go down

Argent jousting matches for Moo (and all others who want to know how) Empty Argent jousting matches for Moo (and all others who want to know how)

Post  Teshija Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:54 pm

Well I ll keep it as simple and short as possible. It is a bit tricky specialy when duelling champions (elite dudes) but once you find out a trick it's pretty easy.

You have some skills to start with:
1. Melle strike
2. Ranged strike which removes one layer of armor
3. Charge powerfull attack that removes one layer of armor
4. Armor
5. Feed mount (usefull only out of combat)
6. Challenge another player to duel (if my memory serves on this one)

Soooo.
Most important is to stack armor (3 max) and keep it up regardless of all else. With full armor on you can go on virtually indefinitly, when u lose it you are dead. Simple as that. Works the same as all other stackable buffs/debuffs apply 1,2,3 lasts 1 min. You need to refresh it every now and then (1 press refreshes all 3 stacks)couse you loose it in fight and that minute can go by and you might as well be left withiout it. SO; ARMOR UP AT ALL TIMES!!!

Before challenging NPC or player make sure all 3 stacks are in place and full minute is there to count on. Then challenge NPC.

Now the duel begins be ready to run around of NPC in small (melee) circles a lot and preferably stay in melee range all the time.
Easiest way is like this (at least to me, if anyone else has tips or tricks feel free to put in your oppinnions):
When you challenge NPC he starts to run away from you. Now spam 2 as soon as possible (this will reduce his armor leaving him vulnerable). As soon as you fired missle ride to him start spamming 1 and run in circles.
Now for this part its good to have nice, clear UI which will show you your target and your targets target (naimly you). After 20ish secs of circling NPC will stop targeting you and he ll try to move away (prepares for using abillities 2 and 3). Its crucial you stay step ahead of him here. SO when you see him stop targeting you (hell have no target), you can use ability 2 and run to him, or 3 and charge his arse (it all depends on range between you guys). Ideally If there is time/room and positinionig is good you can use charge then ranged attack while turning after charge.
After this you start circling again and melee him down. Be aware hell regain his armor in the meantime. So you put up armor as well, as I said before.
Rinse and repeat till he is dead.

Youll see that these mounts have different manovers then regular ones (meaning thay cant make sharp turns), so which abillity you can use when NPC starts running off will be determined mainly by your current position!

Hope this helps if you have any additional questions fire away Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Argent jousting matches for Moo (and all others who want to know how) Empty Re: Argent jousting matches for Moo (and all others who want to know how)

Post  Silahco Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:28 am

This what Tesh have said sums up what you have to do according to me pretty nice. Most important part is just to keep your shield on 3, up the whole time.

What I normally do like Tesh said is charge him when the fights start, then after the charge I carry on straight for a bit more before turning (you will get the idea how far after a couple of tries), then turn around and do my ranged strike while riding towards him again. Most of the times you will be in range of him before he has a chance to charges you or use his range. If he charges or range you just refresh your shields. Then I just stand still in range and melee him a bit till he starts to back up again, once he rides off again to charge, I move backwards a bit and charge him again once he is in charge range, straight on a bit again turn around and range throw again and repeat.

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Argent jousting matches for Moo (and all others who want to know how) Empty Re: Argent jousting matches for Moo (and all others who want to know how)

Post  MooLoove Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:06 am

Thankyou Tesh and Sil, was very helpful! Gonna have to try it out layer I love you

<3
MooLoove
MooLoove

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum