Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help out if you can! :)

5 posters

Go down

Help out if you can! :) Empty Help out if you can! :)

Post  Teshija Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:21 am

Well Tesh finally made to 300 JC. Now I am a bit stuck. Want to get JC to max ASAP so I can be better ready for raidses. Have a new helm ready to put on, but I need better JC, so I can get boosts in HP and avoidance without loosing any of them.

So all in all if anyone of you have some gems that need cutting lying around from outland or northrend level, or you have some ore that you want to prospect and sell cut gems, please let me know. Need to lvl Smile
Hopefully Ill get to northrend recepies by tonight.

End goals for me are monarch crab figurine and JC gems.

BTW can anyone tell me how long does it take after max level to get to JC gems?
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Help out if you can! :) Empty Re: Help out if you can! :)

Post  Buculus Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:40 am

What kind of ore you need for it mate?
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:41 am

From fel iron upwords!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:44 am

I don't have any TBC ore but if you'll need cobalt/saronite give me a shout Smile I might have some lying around.
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:45 am

Well I will need it, maybe even tonight or tommorow so please save it for me Smile

Think Ill go on a outland farming spree with Nyc, hopefully that will push me to 350 when I can start do Northrend stuff!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:01 am

No worries mate Smile I have only few stacks but I guess it's better than nothing Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:04 am

Thx m8. Its great, since whatever I prospect can be used to level up Smile
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:11 am

Cool Smile I was thinking about JC on Buc too. Dunno wheather it's a good idea or not but as BS I can make extra sockets for myself in bracers and gloves so some special gems would be nice too Smile Dunno. Tbh only ting I'm getting from mining is titansteel smelting... 1 per day and I never have time to go and farm ore so it's kinda useless proffesion at this stage Razz Might ditch mining at some stage Smile

Anyhow - I'll post some stuff to ya tonight Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:03 am

Well yea I have on Tesh now BS topped to get me extra sockets, and I want JC for extra JC gems doubles up the stamina from regulars used I bealive. Also want to get my hand on monarch crab, which is along the essence of gossamer best till Ulduar and even then for magic damage bosses. Also there is double use for them since dual specs.
If you decide on it I would also suggest you do some farming first in order to prepare for it. takes up a lot of gold. Ill save all gems I have extra, so you can use them.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:15 am

I think I have some Fel iron and adamantite ores in the bank, aswell as some cobalt and saronite ore. Should have a couple of gems aswell that you might be able to cut. Will check tonight.

As far as my memory is concerned you need to be 375 JC to start doing the daily JC quest in Dalaran to get tokens. You will need 2 tokens each to buy the JC only paterns and another token to buy the dragons eye, unless you buy the dragons eye from AH which could be costly. To use the gems if i'm not mistaken you need 350 JC. To craft the trinket you need 400 JC. So I think you only need to get to 400 to start useing the gems and trinkets you want. It will take a lot of time to build up alll the JC daily paterns as you only get one token a day and most cost 3 - 6 tokens to buy but at least if you start getting tokens you s. You'll maybe get 2 on the first day if i remember correctly, one from the quest and one from the daily. So you don't need to max JC out immediatly to gain the JC gems or trinket.

JC is much more profitable than mining but very expensive to lvl.

Then just for interest sake Buc if you just want to go JC for the Stamina buffs then it is not really worthwile apart from the trinket boosts. Mining gives 50 sta at max rank. BS with 2 sockets give max 48 stam with 2 blue gems, and JC gives 3 x JC only gems of totaling 51 stam buff more than normals ones. If you are looking at the other avoidance gems then JC might be worthwile, but will be at the expense of 50 odd stam along the way.

Mining buff is getting a boost in the next patch, so aswell is JC gems, but JC gems will no longer be prismatic and will need to slot them in the right colors slots to get gem bonuses and meta bonuses.

Last edited by Silahco on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:29 am; edited 2 times in total

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:21 am

Thx m8 Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:43 am

Don't have any of those sry.. But from what i remember from my own JC leveling recently adamantite ores are way much better to prospect than other outland ores so as soon as you can prospect those you should focus on them..

Also, you probably know this, but just to make sure you only need to have 350 JC to start leveling northrend JC, not 375 as some thinks Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:44 am

Know that, but thx m8 Smile
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:06 am

Silahco wrote:
Then just for interest sake Buc if you just want to go JC for the Stamina buffs then it is not really worthwile apart from the trinket boosts. Mining gives 50 sta at max rank. BS with 2 sockets give max 48 stam with 2 blue gems, and JC gives 3 x JC only gems of totaling 51 stam buff more than normals ones. If you are looking at the other avoidance gems then JC might be worthwile, but will be at the expense of 50 odd stam along the way.

Mining buff is getting a boost in the next patch, so aswell is JC gems, but JC gems will no longer be prismatic and will need to slot them in the right colors slots to get gem bonuses and meta bonuses.

I forgot about stam boost from mining Help out if you can! :) 313323 I'm still not sure what to do. Does any one know how much gold it would take if you buy all the stuff from AH to lvl up JC to 450??? 4k? 5k? 10k? If I drop mining on Buc I'll have no other toon with high lvl mining (my lil hunt has 100 in mining but that doesn't count) so I'll have to go to AH and buy it. If it's anywhere between 3-4k to lvl it up I migth give it a try but if it's 5-7k I think I'll leave it for now. I'm also considering dropping herbalism on Nahi and taking inscription or leatherworking. Again - any idea (money wise) how much it takes to 450??? Can you make epic leather pieces at 450 (with lw) or mail only?

Perfect set up for me would be:

Buc - BS 450 (done) / JC 450
Heavy - Ench 450 (done) / Engi 450 (done)
Nahi - Alchemy 450 (done) / LW 450
Harkan - Insc 450 / Tailoring 450 (half way done)

With Harkan I'd need to lvl him up though and I'm not sure if I have enough patience for it Razz This way I'd have all crafting proffs and no gathering ones... but I never have enough time nor patience to go and farm ores or herbs anyway... skinning could be helpful though if I go for LW... ech, decisions, decisions... I have to start playing AH again Help out if you can! :) 147228
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:29 am

JC (along with engineering) is probably one of the most expensive professions to level if you're going to buy all the mats, so tbh i wouldn't recommend it.

LW can make epic pieces for both Leather and Mail users.. Don't know how good they are compared to each other though, but from what I've heard LW on a druid is definately a good idea. And if you don't have any other herbalist I think LW will be cheaper to level than Inscription. Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serjo Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:00 am

Berg wrote:LW can make epic pieces for both Leather and Mail users.. Don't know how good they are compared to each other though, but from what I've heard LW on a druid is definately a good idea. And if you don't have any other herbalist I think LW will be cheaper to level than Inscription. Smile

Leveling LW is not expensive at all if you're a skinner. You will need many leather and the real problem is gettin low level leather nowadays. Even 360-375 steps (which were really expensive to level during TBC) are now as easy as pie with new WoTLK recipes. At any rate leather is usually not really expensive, so LW can be a good prof to level. Don't expect that much from it at 80, tho, the real bonuses being cheap leg enchants and nice wrists enchants. Epic LW crafts aren't worth as soon as yuo can access to Nax 10 item level (e.g. right after dinging 80).

I found levelling Inscription being a herbalist (on my level 68 DK) beind cheaper and easier than levelling LW being a Skinner, anyway so can't really say which is cheaper/easiest.

Serjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum