Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trial of the Campion HC and normal

5 posters

Go down

Trial of the Campion HC and normal Empty Trial of the Campion HC and normal

Post  Silahco Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:19 am

I have been reading up a bit on the new content. From the Q&A it says that in the normal version of trials of champion it drops lvl 200 items (guess only from the final boss, not sure if there will be chests aswell) and on HC it drop lvl 213 items. Now the HC one is set to a lockout period like normal HC's. But the normal one does not have a lockout, so if i understand it correclty and stand to be corrected you can easily farm it for some nice epics, instead of tracking all the way through naxx for it. And seeing as we did HC last night after a couple of tries, the normal one should be much easier (we might just have had a great group last night Razz ).

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/3p2/coliseum-conquest-qa.html

Unfortunatly it does not drop emblems of conquest in normal so that will be some kind of sacrifice there compared to other HC runs. But the loot looks nice and we can easily gear people for ulduar.

http://www.wowhead.com/?new-items=3.2#items-2:0

This is according to wowhead and prob taken from test server.

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Trial of the Campion HC and normal Empty Re: Trial of the Campion HC and normal

Post  Leannah Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:53 am

Well im in for some farming Whit Lea espacialy the HC one...Smile Although we did make it last night but i must say we hade some luck as well...Smile I think we hade the tactics down atleast to some extent exept for the 3 phase on the last boss the ghost thing...Smile. I think we should spaculate a bit on it what we saw and etc so we can learn more for the next encounter...Smile

For instant he put a Debuff that gave 25% more damage right? Can we avoid that?
And did it help that we keept our distens or was it just the extra healing? Also dose hi do any AoE in the last phase and if not are we maybee to stand closer like In Lokan or 3 boss in CoS?

I dont think we can avoid that shadow thing he throws it seams to find use but how do we mitagate it....Smile?

Anyways i like to hear your thoughts on this and get a discusion going...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:21 am

I think what pulled us through last night was just the extra healing, seems like the debuff he does is on everyone for 5% increased magic damage taken for 15 sec stackable, and seems unavoidable. Looks like a DPS race to kill him before we get to many stacks on in fase 3. I can't figure out what magic damage he does in fase 3 that hits the whole group apart from the debuff. unless he just uses his normal DK spells.

For the first 3 (there is 5 but 3 random ones are chosen) alliance guys on mounts don't think that is to hard to do, keep shields up whole time, apparantly if the champions have been dismounted they will slowly try and walk back to the mounts and remount. this can be slowed by riding over them with our mount and stunning them for 15sec. after they have been defeated we dismount and it becomes a normal boss fight. After them we will be getting either Argent confessor paletress (the priest we had last night) or Eadric the pure.

From what I have read she can summon different nightmares and looks like fear breakers and shadow res is usefull here, but they all do the same attacks. We need to kill the nightmare first like we did last night, she is shielded so no use attacking her. She can place a renew on that can be dispelled or will heal for 17500 every 3 sec. She is suppose to keep attacking the tank, but i'm sure last night she turned and attacked the group aswell, might just have been a bit hectic and looked like it :-(

or Eadric the pure

Looks like a tank and spank fight but he could hit hard so healers need to be on their toes. Apparantly he casts radiance, but can be avoided by turning your back on him.

Then the Black knight.....

He uses DK spells and diseases, should be able to dispell some diseses and maybe resist some of the damage.

During fase 1 the ghould need to be picked up and killed. Don't think we had to much problems with fase 1.

Fase 2 the group needs to gather on his corpse before he respawns and summons up the army of the dead, apparantly the ghouls have low hp and a AOE heavy group can kill em before the explode dealing around 7000 shadow damage, if AOE is lacking then they advice not using it seeing as it could cause a lot of damage. Seems like the black knight can be kited in a clow cirlce to avoid ghould explosion damage while they are single target dps'd down. But I think the tank will have to have good agro on all the ghouls without killing them for this to work. Not sure if the one explosion will hit the other ghouls and set of a chain explosion, sounds like it but not 100% sure. After they are dead just kill knight again.

In fase 3 he places a debuff on everyone increasing magic damage taken by 5% for 15 sec stacking up. He also places a mark of death on someone increasing magic damage taken by 200% for 10sec.

hmmm can't get my links to work :-(

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:22 am

Just pugged the heroic ToC today.. 2 wipes, but we cleared it Smile

Actually not that hard once you get the hang of it..

An extra idea on the fight after bosses dismount.. Just before the last boss is getting dismount the healer and tank should dismount so the tank can pick them up while the 3 dps guys finish the last mounted boss, they should be able to do that easy 3 vs 1.. Just thought since we wiped just after dismounting both times i was in there Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:30 am

Nice resurge there Sil...Smile i wish i hade "WoW tactic resurge" on my work discription as well...Sad

... Trial of the Campion HC and normal 147228
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serjo Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:11 am

Pugged - with Chac healing - it HC yesterday night (1st time i was there) on my quite undergeared lock Uglock. A couple of wipes, but all went fine. Nothing really to say but just focusing. The key is quite simple; you need good DPS since the longer the fights last, the harder they become.

We started it normal after that but we got buged (Lady xxx - don't remember the name - selfressed after last Boss of first 3 went down and remounted on each horse she put her sight on!). Quite strange and funny thing to see tho. Then ppl left (it was about 1 a.m.).
I didnt really notice any significant difference between HC and normal mode.
Only thing to say is: WTF only Plate/leather/mail/tank gear droped, not a single caster's!

Edit: Loot List: HC: http://wowraid.com/?topic=495.0#1
Normal: http://wowraid.com/?topic=495.0#2

Both are simply imba (well too much imho, but stil ...)

See ya soon, have a great time.

Serjo

Last edited by Serjo on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added loot list)

Serjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:29 pm

Ok so I've been reading up on this instance and thought if some of you would like to help me get some gear from ToC normal? The mail chest and leg pieces would be somewhat of an upgrade for my PvE healing set and the trinket that has a chance to restore 500 mana beats a PvP trinket in PvE, am I right? Laughing Also the tank trinket, The Black Heart, would be very helpful in arena so if no one else needs that I could save it from disenchanting Embarassed

I'm willing to try HC too but as Elghinnarisa (spelling? Razz ) said I might not be geared for it yet.
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:19 am

sure mate i can help you whit a regular run...Smile whit HC as well we can always have 1 slacking DPS....Razz
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:57 am

How much hit do I need in HCs usually? I mean, my ele spec's made for PvP so I don't have things like the +hit talent and my gear doesn't have any hit either.. Sad
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:18 am

Gredeth wrote:How much hit do I need in HCs usually? I mean, my ele spec's made for PvP so I don't have things like the +hit talent and my gear doesn't have any hit either.. Sad

289 for elemental shamans
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:37 am

Ok so it's simply either healing or no HCs for me Smile Thanks Berg.

EDIT: Oh btw, 289 with or without the +3% from Elemental Precision? Razz
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:58 am

With Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down