Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culinary Cabaret

2 posters

Go down

Culinary Cabaret Empty Culinary Cabaret

Post  Teshija Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:19 am

As it turned out to my great joy, Doomed Riders have some gourmants in their ranks. New thread is here where I expect us to share our native recepies characteristic for our countries or regions so that we may enjoy delicious snacks from all over the world. All is accepted from ants to horse meat, from sweets to barbacue. Ofc this is all from my selfisshness where I want to try some other foods.

Write on your favorite dishes, how to make them etc......
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Culinary Cabaret Empty Re: Culinary Cabaret

Post  Teshija Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:36 am

OK Ill go first.
My favorite sweet from Dalmatia (the region where I was born), might be some other counties from the mediteranean have some similar stuff, dont know really. Should be something similar to egg cream from england (or so people say). Farely simple to make, easy get to ingrediants,......

ROŽATA
What you need:
Some kind of a mold, any kind is good, but be sure it will fit in largel water filled bowl
For Caramel: Sugar
For Rožata itself: 6 tablespoons of sugar, 6 eggs, half a liter of milk and vanilla sugar (1 small pack). If by any chnace you cant get to the vanilla sugar or dont know what it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla_sugar.

How to go about it: Take your milk, eggs and sugars and beat it up in homogenous liquid. After that is done, you melt the sugar for caramel in some pot or whatever is handy. Mix it fast so it does not burn, when it is liquid, cover the mold with it as regulary as you can, so it covers all of the internal surface. Pour the egg/sugar/millk mixture over the caramelised mold. Put your mold in larger water filled bowl and steam cook for 20ish minutes. After that remove the mold from water, and put it in the oven for 45 minutes on 180degreesC. Or just watch it to condense. Take it out leave it to cool down. When it is cooled you will notice you have some liquid inside (you should poor that into sepparate cup). Then turn the mold over on trey, chuck it all in the fridge. When it is cold down its ready to get eaten. It is served so you cut out the piece and poor some sweet caramel liquid over it.

Personal touches: You can serve it with whipped cream, or some sour sirupes (cherry). You can also add some whisky or any kinda liquer you like in the original mixture before cooking. Dont add too much tho.
My pesonal twist is to add dried fruits into sweet caramel liquid and serve it with that as well. I dont add cream or sirup or alcohol.

Mold example (most used version):
Culinary Cabaret 111
Served Rožata:
Culinary Cabaret 210
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:58 am

Great ide Tesh..Smile

Unfortunately i have my recipe book back home...Sad but when i get back i will post something...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum