Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So you know what happens today.......?

4 posters

Go down

So you know what happens today.......? Empty So you know what happens today.......?

Post  Akaris Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:13 am

You know those people that predict " the end of the world " or Scientologists? Well heres one more to add to the list...

http://www.10-14-08.blogspot.com/

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G4G4mFvM0OY&feature=related

What the heck makes people believe in this load of bull Rolling Eyes
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

So you know what happens today.......? Empty Re: So you know what happens today.......?

Post  Buculus Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:00 am

Heheheh good one Razz

Well, to be honest with you I don't belive in 'End of the World' stuff but I think it is highly unlikely that we (human kind) are the only forms of life in whole universe. We just know few planets in our galaxy and that's it. There are millions of galaxys in there with milions and milions of other planets we will never know about and as universe (in theory) expands all the time and has no physical end (again - that's only pure physics and theory that after Big Bang the universe never stopped expanding) chances are that there are more planets like our with some more or less inteligent life forms. Universe is billions of years old. Some planets could have extinct some could just start their 'life'. We will probably never know about it but again - I'd say there is life in the universe. There might be planets that are milions years older than Earth and civilisations that are more developed than our with technology we have never dreamed of... Whether they can travel on huge distances that's a different story altogether. We are still very primitive with our technology which was really developed at higher speed over last 100 years. We still waste huge amounts of energy (engine efficiency is still in around 50% only and other 50% of it's energy - heat amongst other - is simply wasted because we don't know how to save it).

Getting to the bottom line - green fellow coming from the sky is like ferry tale to me for me but I do belive that there are other forms of life out there. It would be not logical not to belive in it purely statistically. We haven't explore our galaxy yet because our energy sources are not good enough for it. Look at the space ships - it takes huge rocket full of fuel to bring it out to the space. This rocket is 20 times bigger than the spaceship itself. How this can be called efficient? We 'only' managed to get to Mars. Will we ever manage to get out of our galaxy? We don't have energy sources good enough for it nor communication methods to keep in touch with space ship if it leaves our galaxy. How many other galaxys like our we have out there? We might never know Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

So you know what happens today.......? Empty Re: So you know what happens today.......?

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:30 am

What you guys want I always belived in E.T. I realy adore the movie.
Anyways life in the uneverse i bealive in, there could be all kinds of other life (not just carbon based). But evolution of inteligent being is extremly, how is the best way to put it, chancy i guess. Too much hinges on a very BIG brink, and as we all know even A.C. Clarcke looked for signs of inteligent life on earth, and was unssecsfull. So looking at man kind (we dont have any other comparation to make) there is a BIG chance we will wipe each other out before we even send men to the brink of solar system let alone further, assuming its the natural couse of evoulution of intelect. Becouse our own future does not look very bright: world hunger and poverty, pollution, global warming, lack of drinkable water and resources all around the world, and yet we fight amongst ourselves for such crazy notions one can not bealive. So yes I realy think apocalypse is coming sooner or later, but sadly i think humanity is the harbringer of doom.
On the other note people are worrying about attacks from space, comets,... And real threat lies in viruses and bacteria. More and more strains are resistent due to the uncontrolable use of antibiotics, and if one virus mutates in China we are history (hehe this is the rant of an doctor in me)
I would actualy like a visit from little green man if friendly to teach us better ways and if unfriendly to unite human kind agaimst bigger threat, otherwise we are doomed pale pale
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Etin Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:36 am

Well this is a very chirpy thread lol!

Other life in universe - definatly
Us visit them - not going to happen
Them visit us - small possibility
End of the world - under threat daily from various, i.e. comets, under ocean volcanoes, virus', tsunamies, war etc etc etc
Attitude toward life - Chilax to the max and enjoy it whilst its here

I think thats my views in a nutshell... scratch

Massive Respect!!!!

p.s. I wish I could level my character from posting within the forum, I'm nailing it today!!!! (Only one in the office). Hows that for an idea? Making our avatars characters that can be developed in line with how often you post, possibly a rating system for peoples posts etc... ... no??? I'll just be quiet then... Embarassed
Captain Etin
Captain Etin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down