Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gearing up

+4
Akaris
Buculus
Twila
Teshija
8 posters

Go down

Gearing up Empty Gearing up

Post  Teshija Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:05 am

Due to the poor performance of our DPS output in Nax yestrday I think its high time you guys do a gear check. Look inot you rep rewards and crafting stuff you could use, alse remember the emblem gear you can get.
But for this topic here please refer to instance loot. Look what insatces you need to run and we will run it. But please post here so we can make a list of them to run. This way we can start with instances most people need and maximize time/efficency for those runs I think.
So as for me I still could use some drops from Old Kigdom and Drak'tharon. But my gear is good enough for Nax 10 as it is, so we will leave my need aside for the time being!
Please post yours!
Also you dont have to wait for me to do it, Sil can tank heroics if he is online with no trouble if he is willing!
Updeated list will be found here:

Sarthirion ALL
VoA ALL

AN x2 (Lea, Twila)
HoL x2 (Lea, Twila)
Violet Hold x2 (Lea, Twila)
Stratholme x2 (Lea, Twila)
Drak'tharon keep x3 (Teshija, Twila, Sil) (Sil and Tes need the same)
Old Kingdom x3 (Teshija, Twila, Sil) (Sil and Tes need the same)
Utgarde peak x2 (Lea,Sil)
Utgarde Keep x1 (Buc)
Gundrak x1 (Buc)
HoSx1 (Lea)
Oculus x1 (Twila)

Last edited by Teshija on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:04 am; edited 7 times in total
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Gearing up Empty Re: Gearing up

Post  Twila Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:02 am

Ideal equipment changes for me (in decreasing order of importance):

1. Weapon
- ideal: http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=37360 from Oculus heroic
But since it's not likely that we're doing that instance again in the near future:
- other options:
Dagger Reputation Reward from Kirin Tor, coupled with an offhand bought for emblems of heroism
or else a Sword drop from DTK

2. Legs
- ideal: http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=37854 from HoL heroic
There are other options but they wouldn't be much of an upgrade

3. Trinkets: (DONE)
1. Darkmoon card: Illusion (quite unlikely that's going to happen)
2. http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=37873 from VH heroic

4. Ring:
1. Band of Guile from Strat HC
2. http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=44283 from Argent Crusade rep (DONE)

5. Wand from Old Kingdom HC

Note: Getting rep with Argent Crusade and Kirin Tor will also give me the epic spellthread (Tailoring) which I can give to other casters

Summary:
1. Lots (and lots) of Reputation
2. Oculus or DTK
3. HoL
4. VH (DONE)
5. Strat
6. Old Kingdom

Last edited by Twila on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:41 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : revised2)
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:14 am

I need emblems so any run is good and:

1. Pants from last boss in UK
2. Ring frol last boss in Gundrak

Apart from that rep grinding and some JC with receipe for titanium impact band.

Also I really think we should run VoA and OS 10 man everytine they are out of CD
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:38 am

Yea I am with you on these VoA and Sart, but I would like for us all to have CD off and be ready for guild runs!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:04 am

I'm after the following upgrades:

Majestic Dragon Figurine - Sarth normal.

And possibly: ( Would mean a loss of mana regen for a gain in spellpower. Also depending how the DPS feels about me rolling on it cause it mite not be an upgrade. Altho in terms of mana effeciency, lower mana cost is more efficient then straight up spellpower ).

Illustration of the Dragon Soul

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:59 am

Well i made my list and it is like this. The first instance mantion have the best drop and then in decreasing order. The gear is alsaw in an decreasing order fo new shose is my first prioraty and so on.

Feet: AN (first boss), Gundrak, (first boss), VH (this is acculy quit bad but its better then what i got).

Wrist: VH (last boss)

Leggs: HoL (last boss), UP (first boss), VH (last boss)(but this last one is alsaw quit bad).

Sholders: CoT - stratholm (Mal´ganis) im not sertan on the prioraty hear i need to check my current gear.

Wand: AN (Anubárak)

Trinket: HoS (Sjonnir)

I have many drops early in many instanses and i defelently need emblems as well but if ther are many of use that need to gear up i can switch if someone have drops thay want further in to the instans. This to make sure everybody can gear up fast....Smile But ofc i want to run the whole instanse if possible...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:23 am

Well yesterday was a good day for me i got my "Wrist" so im happy...Smile and i checkt what i can buy whit my EoH and the only realy interesting thing is an trinket that im 2 emblems short of (I guess i have to check a bit harder but i havent found any more...:?) So i dont realy need the trinket drop i posted earlyer. Twila made me a pair of sholders that will keep me coverd for now as well so her is a revieced list from me whit some changes in prioraty as well...Smile

Feet: AN (first boss), Gundrak, (first boss), VH (this is acculy quit bad but its better then what i got). AN and Grundrak is almost the same

Leggs: HoL (last boss), UP (first boss), VH (last boss)(but this last one is alsaw quit bad).

Sholders: CoT - stratholm (Mal´ganis)
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:02 am

The shopping list for me includes the following items, not as fancy as the other linked shopping lists.

I need a new sword, that would be from the last boss in UP. Judging at the amount of times it took tesh to get it this might be a while Very Happy
Then I need shoulders from Gundrak, think it is the second boss
I need the Bracers/ wrists from Old Kingdom.
I need to get the ring from DK or other wise one from HOS or Old kingdom.
For my hands i need a few more tokens to get the tier set or around 9k rep with to get the kirin-tor gloves in the mean time or the one from Gundrak.

Think that is all that i think i need for now.

And yes i'm up for tanking when ever i'm online, some instances i'm not 100% sure about all the tactics but will learn them as we go along.

Last edited by Silahco on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:30 am

Thats the Spirit Sil Very Happy
Thes sword drop rate is just as high as other items (well 1 % lower but that shouldnt count too much), My luck was off thats all. Took me 8 runs for shield and 11 runs for sword! Read on forums that some people got it on first run and some after 20ish or so.... Its just your luck. Anyways there is a pretty much same item from Nax (military part) so if you dont get red sword and this one drops for us In Nax its yours Very Happy Those shoulders you talk about dropped for me on 1 run and DT and OK need same items:)

If you need help with any tacts just ask m8 Very Happy We learnet them along the way too Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:07 am

Again an uppdate ...Smile Yesterday i got my shose from the first boss in gundrak...Smile not my first choice but the diffrens between this and those in AN are realy minute so im happy whit this...Smile. I alsaw got enough EoH to buy my Critt trinket so now i have that as well. So the only thing left for me is

Sholders: CoT - stratholm (Mal´ganis) (this are only slightly better then the one Twila made me so they are realy not important)
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:18 pm

The item list is from http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/class.html?wclass=8;mid=1231179261143664047;num=13;page=1

Hands --> Wyrmrep reputation. http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=44204
Ring 1 --> Argent Crusade rep http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=44283
Trinket1 --> 40 Badges of Heroism

Bracers --> Heroic Nexus Boss 3 http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=37138
Shield --> Heroic Azjul-Nerub http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=37216 (or badges one ofc http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=40700)
Ring 2 --> Heroic Utgarde Keep http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=37192
Belt --> Heroic Halls of Lightning http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=37855
Trinket2 --> Heroic HoS Crit one
(trinket2) --> Heroic HoS Haste one with chance on spell get 174 mp5

HC Nexus - x1
HC Utgarde Keep - x1
HC Azjol-Nerub - x1
HC Halls of Lightning - x1
HC Halls of Stone - x1 (either of the trinkets is fine)

Sweet, tasty copypasta from Allakhazam. That gear is the best of the best before entering raids so some of them can be replaced with a bit worse gear, depending on how well my "skills" will compensate for the lack of gear.

EDIT: Started looking through the list and I'm replacing some items such as the helm which had a 1-2% chance to drop in HC HoL, pointless imo.
EDIT 2: Sorted it out a bit to make it more clear.
EDIT 3+: I'm going to remove the items from this list as I get them, and thus I put the source of the complete list on top for easy reference. Just to make my planning easier really Smile

Last edited by Gredeth on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:10 pm; edited 13 times in total
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:55 am

Well get you through m8 Very Happy
Still planing going healer when you hit 80 Question
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:17 am

My current instance shopping list:

<snip>
Head
Helm of the Constructor (2nd Boss UK HC)
Shoulders
Ferocious Pauldrons of the Rhino (UK HC)
Belt
Girdle of Ice (Nexus HC)
Legs
Leggings of Protective Aura (Occulus HC)
Rings
Band of Guile (CoT:Strat HC)
Trinket
Forge Ember (HoS HC)
Weapon
War Mace of Unrequited Love (Nexus HC)
Shield
Facade of Shielded Glyphs (AN HC)

UK HC x 2
Nexus HC x 2
Occulus HC x 1
~ CoT:Strat HC x 1
HoS HC x 1
AN HC x 1
<snip>

So for me - UK HC and Nexus HC is top of the list.

Besides that I need to farm roughly 250 emblems of heroism (urgh).

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:20 am

Same as always when I am on Ill be your Tank provided Sil wants to go, then Ill rest Very Happy
Thibk Bucll be on every UK run too.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:16 pm

Ok so after some furious editing this thing is getting considerably clearer. These are the instances I need to run:

HC Nexus - 3x
HC Utgarde Keep - x2
HC Azjol-Nerub - x1
HC Halls of Stone - x1
HC Halls of Lightning - x1

So, starting from Nexus all the way to HoL. I'll also need 55 emblems of heroism, so I guess we have a lot to do Razz I'm up for HCs starting tomorrow. If you could please have a look at my armory ( http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Gredeth ) and see if I'm really ready for heroics. The level still shows 79 but all the items seem to be in order.

I'm still ele spec since I thought I'd stay that way until we start running, in case we can't start right away so that I have easier time soloing. Now I'm off to find out where I can get all those daily quests, which enchants and gems I need , etc etc. Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:12 am

Well first thing that get in my eye are rings and trinkets. You are JC aint you? Level it up and put some nice epic stuff there!
Then the chest! Definite and easy improvment is here:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44060
Its rep reward from Kaluak (the walrus people) you required only honored for it and if you have done any quests at all for them you are bound to be honored. If not do them and they are some easy dailys there to get you 500 rep a piece (exalted in no time)
Further rep rewards browse yourself Very Happy Here is the factions list with rewards:
http://www.wowhead.com/?factions=1097#0+2+1

Remember 4 factions sell tabards at friendly (ebon blade, argent crusade, wyrmrest and kirin tor) you wear them in heroics and gain insane amounts of rep for it, another easy way to some good gear! So you can hit easy off to revered as well with doing dailyes with argent crusade and qusts in icecrown (argent crusade and ebon blade). It'll most likley take you an couple of hours of questing to get some nice rep to improve a bit!

Guess you can ask kitchi what he can fashion up as well?
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:11 am

Well the rings and necklaces I can make are more suitable for DPS classes tbh. I'm not that much after insane crit chances (that's more for lesser healing wave/healing wave spamming since the crit talents like Ancestral Awakening don't work with Chain Heal). High mp5 is a must for me, especially since I'll be spamming Chain Heals ( Improved Water Shield only procs from Lesser healing wave/healing wave/riptide crits ).

The chest you linked looks ok but it doesn't have a socket which means I'd lose about 9 mp5, I think. The extra intellect (15 difference) also helps of course. Let's do it like this: if the HC UK chest hasn't dropped when I've gotten everything else I need from there, I get the chest you linked! That would sound good to me.

Oh and I already asked Kitchi to make me the most suitable shoulders there are for me atm and I bought the mats already (for buying the design and crafting it) so all I need now is to meet him in-game. Smile

Oh and another oh! I need two rep rewards so I already put a reminder on my cell phone to remember to buy the tabards ^^

Yet another thing that popped into my mind: I would love to get a helmet with a meta socket ASAP! I could craft the best meta gem there is but I just need the meta socket! Evil or Very Mad
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:17 am

Nice m8, dont get me wrong, I dont have a clue about your class or specs was just spammin some suggestions Very Happy
Well se how you do in heroics.
I probably wont be able to do any before saturday (or even come online before that so until then (ab)use Silahco for tanking Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:22 am

Ok, I will, if he wants to be (ab)used. I'll respec resto today and see how it works out (goodbye 3 second fights Laughing ).
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down