Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bicycles - what's good on the market?

5 posters

Go down

Bicycles - what's good on the market? Empty Bicycles - what's good on the market?

Post  Buculus Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:02 am

Now... anyone here has some experience with bicycles? Me and Nahi are thinking about getting some bikes to keep us fit but I'm not sure what's worth considering. We are looking for something around 300-350 euro (each) top!

I know Trek, Giant, Lapierre, Scott are making great (and pricey) bikes and I also found this Raleigh bikes... How come they sell bikes with full suspension for 270 euro??? Cheapest FS Giant costs ca. 800... and anything better over 1000...

Should we stay away from them (Raleigh bikes)? I haven't been biking for years and I'm not sure what's good on the market...
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bicycles - what's good on the market? Empty Re: Bicycles - what's good on the market?

Post  Zevra Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:54 am

Buculus wrote:Now... anyone here has some experience with bicycles? Me and Nahi are thinking about getting some bikes to keep us fit but I'm not sure what's worth considering. We are looking for something around 300-350 euro (each) top!

I know Trek, Giant, Lapierre, Scott are making great (and pricey) bikes and I also found this Raleigh bikes... How come they sell bikes with full suspension for 270 euro??? Cheapest FS Giant costs ca. 800... and anything better over 1000...

Should we stay away from them (Raleigh bikes)? I haven't been biking for years and I'm not sure what's good on the market...

What bikes are you looking for Razz

as far as i can see your're looking into mountain biking ? a great sport(done it myself live in the city now kina hard to do it there Razz) but it's HARD so my advice is if you're going Mountainbiking start of with a little cheaper bike
- without hydraulic brakes just with wire hydraulic or oil is not cheap to replace etc.
- and with no suspension in the back of the cycle, as it's not worth it!(just annoying reaylly)
- i've never heard of raleigh bikes in that category to be honest Razz
- my advice would be to go for a CUBE bike as they aren't very pricey(340-700 euro)
- they are great bikes my first one where a CUBE Smile

hope your getting out in the woods it's a great sport with lots of adventures(been cycling in Norway holy mother sharass that was great but hard:P)

last advice and then i shut up:P

START OFF SOFTLY! i have said it to beginners many times and they don't learn ^^

- buy a "cheap" bike with only front suspension
- look for a CUBE
- take it easy, you will get to bigger rutes soon
- wear a helmet, i tak out of exspirince it hurts to fall... alot

over and out ^^

Zevra

Back to top Go down

Bicycles - what's good on the market? Empty Re: Bicycles - what's good on the market?

Post  Teshija Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:13 am

Zevra wrote:

What bikes are you looking for Razz

as far as i can see your're looking into mountain biking ? a great sport(done it myself live in the city now kina hard to do it there Razz) but it's HARD so my advice is if you're going Mountainbiking start of with a little cheaper bike
- without hydraulic brakes just with wire hydraulic or oil is not cheap to replace etc.
- and with no suspension in the back of the cycle, as it's not worth it!(just annoying reaylly)
- i've never heard of raleigh bikes in that category to be honest Razz
- my advice would be to go for a CUBE bike as they aren't very pricey(340-700 euro)
- they are great bikes my first one where a CUBE Smile

hope your getting out in the woods it's a great sport with lots of adventures(been cycling in Norway holy mother sharass that was great but hard:P)

last advice and then i shut up:P

START OFF SOFTLY! i have said it to beginners many times and they don't learn ^^

- buy a "cheap" bike with only front suspension
- look for a CUBE
- take it easy, you will get to bigger rutes soon
- wear a helmet, i tak out of exspirince it hurts to fall... alot

over and out ^^
He talks sense, and as he said take it easy. Now I have an older Peugeot, was great truly expensive bike, heck still is. Dont ask me how I got it long story.
Ask in a shop, tell the guys over there how much money are you willing to spend, what you want to do with it, and Im sure they ll give you the best thing for your amount. Works everytime.
As for me I never wore helmet, you see its not to musculine here in Balkans to wear helmet, neither on bike or on horses. Then a friend of my missus fell on rock a couple of days ago, hit his head while wearing a helmet. He is OK, but helmet split in two. So now I have to wear helmet, missus ordered me to pale
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:59 am

Thanks for helpful advice lads Very Happy Small change of plans though - as weather got really bad in here (raining every day) and it got quite cold we decided to buy training cycle (stationery one) to keep us going till march/april and help us to stay fit over the winter Smile We would like to have fun at the begining and riding in rain when it's cold is no fun at all. Not for beginners anyway Razz We should be better prepared for biking then at the begining of next year Smile .

I haven't seen this CUBE bikes around. Shops I was looking into have usually Giant, Trek, Pinarelli, etc. Haven't seen Scott either. This Raleigh is strange bike. I think I'll stay away from it.

Anyhow - we will train at home over those rainy days and hope to be out early next year Smile I'll keep your advice in mind though Very Happy Thanks Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:13 am

I need to try and keep fit xD
failing so far though Razz

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:56 am

Rawrrz wrote:I need to try and keep fit xD
failing so far though Razz

I used to train pretty hard in martial arts, until I pulled my shoulder pretty badly.

Now I'm concentrating on keeping fat Very Happy

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:08 am

Perspyro wrote:
Now I'm concentrating on keeping fat Very Happy

here, here Laughing Laughing Laughing

I used to train basketball (sports school) and kick boxing when I was younger (well... much younger - like 10 years ago) and then I broke my arm (in elbow) fighting under the rim on the training after which I never got back to sport (recovery was over a year or so) Laughing I put up on weight heavily over all these years and managed lost some of it over last few months and now I try to get back to shape (well, round is a shape too Razz ) That's why bicycles as I always loved biking and everything what's connected with 2 wheels (hence the motorbike Razz)
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:22 am

Buculus wrote:round is a shape too

My wife always likes to remind me that I have the body of a god......... just a shame that it's Buddah Very Happy

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:26 am

Perspyro wrote:
Buculus wrote:round is a shape too

My wife always likes to remind me that I have the body of a god......... just a shame that it's Buddah Very Happy

That's a good one mate lol! lol! lol!
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:36 am

OH god, I used to train swimming, then waterpollo. Lots of football and basketball for fun. Then 5 years of intense horse riding. Now Iam keep getting fatter and fatter I miss sports but it seems to me that I lack the energy to return to that life rhytm. Simply cant make myself move. And bicycles want help you get in to shape. I am driving it every day for 15 km at least and I dont lose weight. I always could eat for three reglar men but it never stuck too me, now its started. I simply need to work out more and eat less. Never thought itll come to that. Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down