Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ICC Progress

+7
Shanla
markusan
Buculus
Berg
Teshija
Leannah
Twila
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ICC Progress Empty ICC Progress

Post  Twila Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Since it is about time we started clearing a more than the first 4 or 6 bosses in ICC 10-man, we have decided to change the way for form the ICC groups a bit. Even though we have not set this rule in stone, the general plan is to start extending the raid IDs.

Downing new bosses, though fun, often takes time since people need to get acquainted with the fight. It's one thing reading up tactics on wowwiki, and another thing being in the raid doing the boss. Since killing a new boss often takes one or two hours (or more), we are often left without time to get to new content after doing the first 4 or 6 bosses in ICC. This is why we will start extending raids.

Another small change is that people with alts which are capable of doing ICC 10 (Leannah/Nizzo/Jollyroot, Shanla/Revalak, Schaah/Femia etc.) will mostly try to progress raid, instead of doing alt runs. This means that unless we have many people signed up on both Wednesday and Thursday, if could happen that the Wednesday group will continue the raid on Thursday as well.

The sign up process will not change, however. Feel free to sign up for any of the days you can come to raid, or both days. People who can make it on Wednesday, but not on Thursday, will be replaced by people who can make it on Thursday, but not on Wednesday.

As usual, we will rotate players to try not to leave out anyone for more that one week at a time. If this new way of doing things results in too many people being left out of raids, we will discuss and implement any changes necessary.

Hopefully, the lich king will fall in a few weeks. Very Happy
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

ICC Progress Empty Re: ICC Progress

Post  Twila Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Current Doomed Riders Progress:

Lower Spire:
Lord Marrowgar: Farm
Lady Deathwhisper: Farm
Gunship Battle: Farm
Saurfang: Farm

Plagueworks:
Festergut: Farm
Rotface: Farm
Professor Putricide: Farm

Blood wing:
Blood Council: Farm
Blood-Queen Lana'thel: Farm

Frost wing:
Valithria Dreamwalker: Farm
Sindragosa: 2 kills

Lich King: Undefeated

Last edited by Twila on Wed May 12, 2010 3:10 pm; edited 6 times in total
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:45 am

This locks realy good Twila nice work... ICC Progress 342285

As you said there will still be some time for farming ICC 10 man for those that still need gear from there...Smile. I have no trouble using alts like Grim to save a proggres raid on if we want to farm one week or so...Smile

But i agree and i think many of us do aswell that its time to proggres some in ICC atleast for a while...Smile. If needed we can later go back to farming some and then back to proggressing...Smile. As it is i dont have time to run 2 raids a week and proggres whit bouth...Sad.
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:10 am

Well IMO Doomed riders did excellent yestrday. We downed two hard boss fights among them new kill, which didnt turn out to be as hard as we initailly thought.

We almost down a third but sadly I had to bail. I have explained my reasons before starting the raid so it was to be expected. Only sad it was so abrouptly. Once again my appologies to all.

As for downing Lich King, I think if we manage to get a group together in friday/saturday/sunday with some extra time he can be killed this week Very Happy

Valithria really shouldnt be a problem couse we wiped due to some lack of luck, loosing 1 healer or 1 dps in the middle of the fight due to unfamiliarities with the fight itself. So I think we have 2 more tries there at the worst case and then sindragosa and Arthas avait.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:25 am

I know I said this last night as well, but it's still worth a forum post.

After you left Tesh, we were talking about whether we should have a 9-man try or not. Buc switched to tanking and we were already buffed and ready. However a few said that they had to go due to angry wifes and girlfriends sending them "the look". While you should always have a lot of respect for "The Look" I find the following both hilarious and disturbing at the same time:

What happened was that while we still discussed whether to go or not I accidentally hit Bloodlust (dno, why but I do that a lot these days :S) and instinctly everybody just run in to their positions and start the fight.. Apparently the Doomed Riders would rather piss off angry wifes and girlfriends than waste a perfectly good Bloodlust on nothing.. Wink

Does that go under disturbing or "The Doomed Riders Style" ? Very Happy
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:32 am

I think it rather goes no sex for a week category, but its a definet Dooed rider style Smile LOL

Anyways did you work out continuing time or?
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:50 am

Teshija wrote:I think it rather goes no sex for a week category, but its a definet Dooed rider style Smile

ICC Progress 681779 ICC Progress 681779 ICC Progress 681779

Pissed myself laughing lol!

Was great fun yesterday Smile I have to work a lil bit on my gemming/rotation on Buc as dps as with my gear I should do better than 4-5k DPS I think. I think I need some more APR but I'll look into it later Smile

We 9 man proffesor as I was DCed most of the fight with 14k ms connection issues and then we downed queen on 3rd try I think while on 2nd try we got her down to 0.1%... Neutral hehe.

Looking forward to more runs Wink Already forgot how fun raiding can be with you lads Razz hehe
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:16 pm

Another boss down or rather up Wink We managed to rescue Valithria Dreamwalker on our first try yesterday Smile Was great fun and we were flying there Smile

On Sindragosa we have bottomed out tactitcs for first 2 phases but we still need some more coordination and better understanding of tactics on phase 3. On our best try we took her down to 16%. I belive few more tries, a lil bit of reading up and watching few videos with phase 3 will get us there Smile

Officialy our progress stands at 10/12 as of yesterday Smile

EDIT:

Here's quick guide to phase 3:

Sindragosa will enter Phase 3 and start casting Mystic Buffet, a raid-wide debuff that stacks and increases magic damage taken - this phase is all about survivability, and not going all out on the boss. She will also begin to imprison random people in ice tombs - have those people run somewhere close enough, where they won't chain anyone else with the Ice Tomb. Good locations are one parallel to the head and one to the tail, approximately 20-25 yards away from Sindragosa (so the head, the tail, and the two tombs form a rectangle). Players can use the ice tombs to break line of sight with the boss and let the debuff drop (much like Forgemaster Garfrost). You could split your raid in half and assign one half to DPS the tombs by the head, and the other half - the ones by the tail. This way nobody is going to get a high stack of the Mystic Buffet. Defensive and healing cooldowns should be used in this phase, specifically before a Frost Breath when the tank has accumulated several stacks of the Buffet. You should have a second tank to pick up the boss, while the first one runs behind an Ice Tomb. Having 3-4 pieces of frost resist gear helps the tanks survive the tremendously high Frost Breath damage. Sindragosa will not fly off after her health has reached 35%.

I think the major mistake we made yesterday was positioning of people who got marked for ice tombs. This triangle idea sounds reasonable and it means we will usually have 2 tombs anyway as we won't take the first one down before 2nd one appears. Assigning people at front and back to take care of the tombs sounds like a good idea. We go with 2 healers and 2 tanks which leaves us with 6 dpss. Taking in account that 2 of them will get imprisoned (not to mention healers) we still should have at least 2 dpss on each tomb. As the guide says it's not a dps race - it's all about survivability Smile

I would also suggest to not pop BL at the begining of phase 3 but when the 2nd tomb appears to make it easier at the start.
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:36 am

Well I realized early this morning what I was doing wrong, and it was truly one of those facepalm moments to my self.
I thought in my arrogance that its simply enough to break LoS and loose the debuff. It never accured to me that i have to wait for it to expire. So while running around the tomb like hedless chicken I always got a fresh stack on me. We think well get her by the throat soon enough.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:44 am

Let's go with that way, Buc.. Smile

And Tesh.... Bend over ICC Progress 625610

IF we start wiping with the tactics Buc found I suggest we try with Thammuz as a third healer since it doesn't seem like dps is a problem if only we survive.. Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:55 am

Wait, wait, wait you mean we were there with 2 healers?

You now bend over: I was struglling to survive with all CDs on stacks of buffet until we managed to switch and we were there with only 2 healers LOL! I had to actually work something on that fight:D ME wants a 3rd healer to slack. After all its not a DPS race rather survivability fight.

Agree if we fail on Buculus tacts we should get a 3 healer. Since DPS is not a problem, we had plenty of time on that fight when muci got DCed so I think DPS is covered.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:33 am

Can't wait to take her down ICC Progress 625610 ICC Progress 625610 ICC Progress 625610
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:07 am

IM sooooooooo jellous right now.... Mad

How dear you have fun whitout me.... ICC Progress 746795

Hehe all kidding aside. Mate this is grrrrrrreat... ICC Progress 147228 . You did some tremandes work there...Smile i almost feel obsolit.... ALMOST

Well i be away today aswell but on saturday and sunday i will be ther rdy to jump in if needed...Smile. ofc only as a reserve if you need another tank/Healer/DPS...Smile

And remamber to save this raid on some charecter...Smile. Ofc we will do it again sins many still need Achiv and Loot but i think having a 11/12 (fingers crossed) raid saved could be realy good..Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:13 am

I want a kingslayer title by the end of the week.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:27 am

Here's nice video:

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?62751-Icecrown-Sindragosa

It looks like we should not have more than one tomb at the time Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:50 am

Buculus wrote:Another boss down or rather up Wink We managed to rescue Valithria Dreamwalker on our first try yesterday Smile Was great fun and we were flying there Smile

On Sindragosa we have bottomed out tactitcs for first 2 phases but we still need some more coordination and better understanding of tactics on phase 3. On our best try we took her down to 16%. I belive few more tries, a lil bit of reading up and watching few videos with phase 3 will get us there Smile

Yesterday's ICC bosses, in order of deadly-ness.

1. Sindragosa
2. Elevator
3. Valithria encounter

Smile
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:22 pm

Twila wrote:
Buculus wrote:Another boss down or rather up Wink We managed to rescue Valithria Dreamwalker on our first try yesterday Smile Was great fun and we were flying there Smile

Yesterday's ICC bosses, in order of deadly-ness.

1. Sindragosa
2. Elevator
3. Valithria encounter

Smile

2nd one on your list was veeeery hard to beat ICC Progress 681779
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:54 am

Btw Is there to be any continjuation at syndregosa tonight Monday or are we aiming at Tuesday? I have some stuff to do tonight and im not in the raid but i thought i be there rdy to help out if needed. Regardless i will defelently be online and rdy on Tuesday evening...Smile

But if anyone knowe anything let me knowe so i can plan my evening atleast to some extent...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:01 am

I cant make it today. So its Tuseday for me as well.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  markusan Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:36 am

I have not been very active on the forums since I forgot the web-site adress Razz

I have recently aquired a gear score of roughly 4.8k and feel that I cant increase it very much through regular instances. I would be happy to join in your raids whenever I am online. I understand that I won´t help your progress but if you run raids where gear are often going to waste, then please consider giving me a spot Razz

Cuprate will love you loong time as a result :p

markusan

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:56 am

Hehe dont prommis something you cant keep...Smile

Well we hade a talk about this and for me its fine if you take my spots on the first 4 bosses and then i jump in for the rest...Smile that way we can gear you up and i can be aloved to be a bit late to raid...Smile

But ofc Feel free to signe up in callander...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:49 am

Dd you guys killed her yestrday or we shall try tonight???
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:10 am

Teshija wrote:Dd you guys killed her yestrday or we shall try tonight???

We didn't have enough online yesterday, but I think I can go tonight as well.
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:44 am

Well tonight i will be online atleast...Smile What is the time around 19.30-20.00 or so?
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:49 am

I'll be there between 19.30 - 20.00 if you need me Smile might be closer to 20.00 but I'll show up Wink
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next