Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a great day

+4
Nahimana
Teshija
Akaris
Buculus
8 posters

Go down

What a great day Empty What a great day

Post  Buculus Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:55 am

Yeah, great day today... Raining all the time and on the top of this one of my fellow workers 'didn't see' my bike parked behind him and knocked it over when reversing... Broken mirror, bent handlebars, bent and scratched exhaust, scratched air scoops, scratched turn signals, brake lever bent and scratched, scratched engine casings... list goes on... And I was hoping to sell it / trade it in this Saturday... Ehhh...
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What a great day Empty Re: What a great day

Post  Akaris Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:58 am

Hope you gave him an ear full! How do ya miss a motorbike? /facepalm Suspect
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:01 am

Well... he was in a van... Neutral
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:47 am

OOhhh, boss man sorry to hear that Sad
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Nahimana Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:15 am

Buculus wrote:Yeah, great day today... Raining all the time and on the top of this one of my fellow workers 'didn't see' my bike parked behind him and knocked it over when reversing... Broken mirror, bent handlebars, bent and scratched exhaust, scratched air scoops, scratched turn signals, brake lever bent and scratched, scratched engine casings... list goes on... And I was hoping to sell it / trade it in this Saturday... Ehhh...

The most important is that nothing happened to you. so cheer up :-)
Nahimana
Nahimana

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:30 am

Nahi has a point there but I'd still be pretty pissed off :S

I was just wondering how the hell he couldn't see it? I mean.. He went into his van, he was first outside, he probably looked around etc. Suspect

Woo, 100 posts >_<
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:11 am

Thanks all Smile Yeah, that's true - I'm still alive and kicking Laughing I wasn't even on the bike but still Very Happy

No idea how he could not see it. He had his van parked along the footpath and I parked behind him (leaving some space). He was coming to the van from the front of it if you know what I mean so he probably didn't see the bike behind him. Then he reversed and... ehhh, I only hope I won't get screwed by this insurance company Rolling Eyes He has done damage to my bike for over 1500 euro (that's my estimate which covers for parts only)... Not a single mark on the van though... He hit my bike in the front wheel with his bumper and knocked it over... Over 300kg of steel hit the ground and you know the rest...

We'll see how it's gonna be Smile I only hope it'll get sorted shortly...
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:43 am

Buculus wrote:Thanks all Smile Yeah, that's true - I'm still alive and kicking Laughing I wasn't even on the bike but still Very Happy

No idea how he could not see it. He had his van parked along the footpath and I parked behind him (leaving some space). He was coming to the van from the front of it if you know what I mean so he probably didn't see the bike behind him. Then he reversed and... ehhh, I only hope I won't get screwed by this insurance company Rolling Eyes He has done damage to my bike for over 1500 euro (that's my estimate which covers for parts only)... Not a single mark on the van though... He hit my bike in the front wheel with his bumper and knocked it over... Over 300kg of steel hit the ground and you know the rest...

We'll see how it's gonna be Smile I only hope it'll get sorted shortly...

Did you take pictures of the scene? Were there witnesses?

If the answers to the two above are 'yes' you're in safe territory.

Even if the the answers to the above are 'no' you're still on pretty safe ground - you weren't even on/near the bike so as long as it wasn't dodgily parked there's no way your insurance can't pay out (famous last words I know but stil...)

Edit: My grammar is absolutely abysmal lately.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:36 am

Anyways, my mom once hit my dad with car like that. We were standing on a gigantic parking lot, totaly empty of cars, father got out and started walking from the car, mother backed up without looking (she says she didnt need to look becouse of the empty parking lot), and hit the father. Poor guy fell down and stop talking to her for a week. She says she didnt mean too, but,.... You never know Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderspy Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:48 am

Nyctalus wrote:Anyways, my mom once hit my dad with car like that. We were standing on a gigantic parking lot, totaly empty of cars, father got out and started walking from the car, mother backed up without looking (she says she didnt need to look becouse of the empty parking lot), and hit the father. Poor guy fell down and stop talking to her for a week. She says she didnt mean too, but,.... You never know Very Happy

pff Women are evil! Evil or Very Mad

they just use the it wasn't my foult! or it was and accident or woops how clumsy i was :O i tell ya those are lies!

hehe^^ Razz
Spiderspy
Spiderspy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:05 am

ahh shit man!
That sucks Neutral

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:23 am

Heheheh good one Nyctalus Laughing

As to the pictures and witnesses - both answers are no. I was not there when it happened and the guy who hit my bike got out of the car, lifted my bike up and then drove away as he was in a hurry ringing me in the meantime and apologising for what happend and telling me he'll be back in an hour to sort it all out. So I have no witness and no pictures ... He was back, we agree that company insurance will cover for it and now I'm waiting for quotation from the bike shop on all the damage done to the bike. Then we'll see...

But hey - could be worse Laughing Like today - spilled diesel all over the road... in the rain Laughing Luckily wasn't speeding Razz scarry stuff though...
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down