Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your opinion on engineering and jewelcrafting?

4 posters

Go down

Your opinion on engineering and jewelcrafting? Empty Your opinion on engineering and jewelcrafting?

Post  Gredeth Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:43 am

I was thinking about my future second profession and I'm stuck between engineering and jewelcrafting. Engineering seems to have some very useful gadgets for PvP (which I am going to heavily focus on later) but jewelcrafting offers some really nice healing/mana regen trinkets and I would be able to cut my own (and of course the whole guild's) gems too.

What do you think I should do? Razz
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Your opinion on engineering and jewelcrafting? Empty Re: Your opinion on engineering and jewelcrafting?

Post  Teshija Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:16 am

Both lol Very Happy
Just kidding I am not the best persom to give advice on proffesions since I changed them all by now and sticking to skinning, mining. Skining now actually brings fair amount of gold Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Your opinion on engineering and jewelcrafting? Empty Re: Your opinion on engineering and jewelcrafting?

Post  Gredeth Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:27 am

Well yeah but I want to have a crafting profession for a change. Let's do some maths, shall we? I have approximately 30 characters of which I have leveled, let's say, about 25 above level 10 (most over 20/30) and every single one of them has two gathering professions: mining/herbalism & skinning. So I've got quite a few characters and only one of them (my 70 rogue) has a crafting profession: alchemy.

I thought about it yesterday and decided to take Jewelcrafting. After all I want to make money because I need it for... Uhh... Well I just like having money Laughing Besides all items I need can be acquired through battleground honor farming.

Jewelcrafting will benefit me more in PvE also and I'd like to give that side of the game a try too, if you guys decide to raid anything in the future. This is where my playtime restrictions kick in again, so I'm just hoping I can at least get to Kara someday.. Rolling Eyes
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:13 am

We are all in the sme bucket, m8. Hope we will go raiding soon. And on Black temple too, I hate that Illidans voice, I would like to kill him only becouse of that voice.
How long does it take to clear that thing? I mean on the normal run not that races people do?
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:32 am

Hmmm I never tried enginering nor jewelcrafting so won't help you much here Razz Both seems to be useful but you need fair amount of gold to lvl them up. I regret that I have picked up blacksmithing that early (before outlands)... It's a money drain Sad I'm at 265 and to level 10lvls up to 275 I'd need like 300-500g (at least!)... Every weapon or armor I can craft at the moment require almost full stack of mithril/thorium bars which are 30-50g/stack. On the top of this other stuff like gems/pearls (like black pearls which are 10g each!)... and you get an idea as to how much money it takes... Only other way is to go and grind mats which takes lot of time...

Anyhow - what I was going to say is pick whatever you like but make sure you have bags full of g or plenty of time to gather mats if you want to lvl it up quickly...
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:58 am

Thanks for the replies, I'm sticking with my decision to take Jewelcraftin ^^ Yay, free cuts for everybody!
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:56 am

Good stuff mate Very Happy Just don't cut yourself Wink hehehe - just messing Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:12 am

Too late, I already cut myself a week ago cheers
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:22 am

How come? Very Happy You said you have just started with jc lol!
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderspy Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:34 am

Well my former main was a lvl 375 engineer what i see that is the good with the engineer is first... 1. imba trinket 45+stamina and chicken sheep(if you choose gnome) 2. really funny devices such as world enlarger Razz 3. craft an unqiue looking mount Razz (main reason i changed to engineering Razz ) and thats about the big thing heh.

I think I would sudgest Jewelcutting since you can make a huge amount of money on it and eqiup yourself with some great BoP gems Smile
Spiderspy
Spiderspy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down