Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Switch to jewelcrafting?

3 posters

Go down

Switch to jewelcrafting? Empty Switch to jewelcrafting?

Post  Berg Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:10 am

My pala has Blacksmithing(443) and Mining(450)
However my rogue also has Mining(450) so I'm considering to switch my pala's mining to jewelcrafting for the imba gems I could get then.

To me it seems stupid to abandon mining on my rogue since he already has engineering and can extract crystallized materials from gas clouds, that way I keep 2 grinding skills on same char.

My question is:
Is it worth giving up the +50 Stamina from mining to get the jewelcrafters gems on my tanking pala? Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Switch to jewelcrafting? Empty Re: Switch to jewelcrafting?

Post  Leannah Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:48 am

Well on Tanks im not sure but i can say like this i think JC have the best proff Buff out there right now sins this IMBA gems you are talking about is prismatik and will fitt in any socket. If we do some math we get this...Smile.

The best stam gem you can have is "Solid Sky Sapphire" +24 stam, and as JC you can get up to 3 "Solid Dragon's Eye" at +41 stam/gem. If you just exchange 3 "Solid Sky Sapphire" for 3 "Solid Dragon's Eye" you get (41-24 = +17 stam) * 3 = +51 stam. Ant this is just if you exchange it right off...Smile this JC gems can fitt in other sockets as well so you can get a mutch higher stamina buff if you want. Plus that there is alsow other JC like Parry or deffence that you can soket insted if you fell you want that instead.

So to sumerise even if you do the worst traidoff socketing you can you still come out whit +1 in stamina however you will have the abilety to realy buff up stamina alot as well at the cost off say AP (red) or Hit (yellow) sins JC gems fitt in any socket. If im not misstaken it will alsow count agains meta gems...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:51 am

Firstly keep in mind that lvl'ing JC is a very expensive excercise, some of the lower lvl gems are not easy to obtain and you might have to go and mine lower lvl mines which could be time consuming and the going rate for some low lvl ores on the AH are also very expensive. Then the JC only gems and other paterns are only optainable by doing the JC daylies in Dalaran so that might also take some time getting all the paterns you want.

But saying that and cost and time is not really a factor I personally think JC is very good profession. Basically Lea said it all, the Bold stamina gems basically cancels out the 50 sta you get from mining, but the nice thing is that you can use your red and yellow sockets to put those prismatic sta JC only gems in which leaves your blue ones open to put the normal 24 sta ones and as you have BS you get the extra gem slots aswell. Then there is also the JC only trinkets you get, stuffing it with gems can give more than a 100 sta. Also if you do your own mining and procpecting it will be much cheaper to get gems and exchange them around to try different combination than to buy gems from the AH.

And yes like Lea said the gems count towards your meta bonus.

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:09 am

Cost and time is not an issue for me.. Don't mind running around mining low lvl while i watch a movie Smile

After what you guys have said I'm pretty sure I'll take up JC on my pala.. Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down