Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ad on wow forums

+2
Teshija
Buculus
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ad on wow forums Empty Ad on wow forums

Post  Buculus Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:38 am

We have two threads on wow forums advertising our guild - one in newcomers section and one in realm forum. It looks like we might need some fresh start with new thread as the old ones doesn't draw much attention at the moment.

How would you advertise our guild? I'd like to put something together and start new thread on wow forums Smile Please feel free to throw in some ideas Smile I'm not good at advertising and this kind of stuff Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ad on wow forums Empty Re: Ad on wow forums

Post  Teshija Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:45 am

Well I dont have much ideas as well. Only thing I might add is that we might be quit about slow leveling guild. It seems to me it puts people off. Besides only slow leveling guys there is us officers, others are way ahead. I have seen adds over there that gather up to 30-40 people in no time. We have what, 10-12 active peoples now, and gazzilion alts Very Happy
We could just state that we have established and functional guild bank, great comunity, all of the people are great to play with, all are helpfull, bla, bla, bla.
We welcome all newcomers and experienced players, and I think it would be nice to mention that start is always easier when you have supportive guild behind you. We will cover all aspects of the game, PVP, PVE, so people know what are they getting into!!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:48 am

Well I always try to advertise our guild to people who want to reroll on a new realm or have been on a long break and all their friends have quit etc.

I think it would be good to mention that this "friendly people" is not just an advertising trick, that we really do have friendly and helpful people in the guild. Another thing to mention is that we are happy to help newcomers if need be. Not many newcomers browse the realm forums though Neutral

You could also mention that we have guild meetings from time to time too! That tells people that we're not just mindnumbing grinders Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:53 am

Would any of you write some draft ad? Smile I did it twice already and it looks like my writing skills are not great 'cos it didn't draw enough attention Very Happy I thought that maybe someone else could give it a try Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:54 am

I've found that recruiting is a tricky thing.

Things you need to remeber are:

What the aims of the guild and it's members are. ( A small, tight knit raiding group. Casual / Hardcore )

What the guild master and officers require from members. ( A required amount of play time. Age. Experience )

What sort of guild you are. ( Harcore PvP guild. Casual PvE guild )

What sort of members do you want. ( Younger. Older players. More newbie players. No more newbies, more veterans )

As Spiderspy said, you don't want to be recruiting the wrong people. It can cause problems....heres an example:

If your a casual raiding guild, and you have some players that want to raid more or for longer. Yet you don't have the members or they don't have the time to raid so much.

This can cause splits.

Yeah - It sounds serious, but i've been in guilds that have had to tackle this problem.

But! I'd suggest that talking to all the current guild members, just to get the story straight and everyone on the same wave lengh Wink

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:11 am

Agh, I tried to write something but I ran out of ideas after two rows Mad
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:19 am

Goot template here Wink I'll try to fill it in Very Happy

What the aims of the guild and it's members are.

We are small, friendly, raiding and pvping group with casual approach on Shattered Hand (pvp server) on Horde side. We all would like to hit lvl70 cap before WotLK is released and some of our members are nearly there Smile

What the guild master and officers require from members.

We are looking for mature players (preferably over 18 years old), talkative in gchat and active on forums during the day with good sense of humor, ready to help and not affraid of criticism if things go wrong. We don't require minimum amount of play time from you everyday but we would like to have active members. If you can spent 2-4h on 2-4 evenings and bit more on the weekends then you're the right person Wink Our guild is open to all levels and classes no matter whether you are experienced player or not. Our guild has both experienced and just starting players and if you are new to wow we are more than happy to help you exploring world of warcraft Smile It's always easier to lvl with few friends backing you up Smile

What sort of guild you are.

We are casual guild focused on both pve and pvp aspects of wow. We have group instance and battleground runs every week as well as world raids on ally towns Embarassed We are a mix of slow and fast levelers so everyone can enjoy game at his own pace. We have some alts too to support newcomers at lower lvls in instances and during quests.

What sort of members do you want.

We are looking for mature players with casual approach, good sense of humor and willing to help and contribute to our development

Hmmm... that's what I think anyway Razz Please feel free to add, change, remove some parts Smile We will need to put it all nicely together Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:53 am

Sorry boss, my muse and I have prepared two lectures this weekend, and I am out of ideas for writing anything. This what you did looks nice.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:38 am

Looks good Buc Cool I'll take a closer look and see if there's anything I could add after I'm done with my english studies.
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:58 am

Come on lads Smile I did it two or three times already and it didn't draw people attention so maybe someone else should try (?)
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:22 am

Hello all, new and old players alike.
We are relativly new Horde guild on Shattered hand realm. After meeting on this very place couple of us formed a rerolling guild, which now started to take shape of proper guild. We have our tabard, two tabs of guild bank and a core of 15 very easygoing and helpfull people.
Now when the first part of the plan is finished we would like to welcome all mature and responsible (which is not always reflected by persons age) players to our ranks.
Reading these forums, you can sometimes get the idea that is very hard to find and play with helpfull players in World of warcraft, especialy in the time of the endgame conent which can sometimes require time like a full time job. Sometimes this is true but more often it is not, that is way we would like to open our guild doors to all the people who wish to level with someone, do instances, enjoy PvP content because PvP and PvE can coexist, be there together for WotLK, and finally raids in the endgame content.
So, since we are at the very begginning of forming real guild, all classes and races are welcome! You dont have to be experienced player to join us, and nobody in our guild will yell at you or call you a Noob for not knowing. Experienced players are also very welcome to join us and enjoy the game without any stress.
So what can guild offer to you?
1. A stable friendly enviroment in which you can chat and make new friends
2. Easier grouping for instances with people you know how they function (and that understanding goes both ways)
3. Use of guild bank - a lot of items players dont need put in there for others to take
4. Crafting proffesions - you cant expect people will make everything for free, but within guild walls, enchantments, jewelcrafting,... can be a lot cheaper when you have mats, all good people always pitch in with some spare stuff which are always laying around, at least you will not pay fees
5. Having fun - after guild meeting on sunday we started to go on raids on alliance towns
6. Help when you are being helpleslly ganked
Our aims are:
1. To enjoy all aspects of the game PvE and PvP alike
2. To create a stable group of like minded people to play with
3. To go in Northrend as a guild and experience new stuff together
4. And when we finaly hit 80 partake in end game content as much as our lives allow us to do, without pressures and restrictions
And as an extra challenge, we play on the realm where horde is an underdog, so come join us and lets show those alliances what horde realy stands for. Very Happy Very Happy

HHmm here is something really dont have any other ideas a few more by someone else and I think we can patch up a decent add, lol! lol!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:01 am

Great stuff mate Very Happy I copied your ad and threw in few bits and pieces Razz Just cosmetic stuff really Razz Could you put it up on wow forums? Smile Unless someone else would like to add something to it Smile

Nyctalus wrote:

Doomed Riders is relativly new Horde guild on Shattered Hand pvp realm. After meeting on this very place couple of us formed a rerolling guild, which now started to take shape of proper guild. We have our tabard, two tabs of guild bank and a core of 15 very easygoing and helpfull people.

Now when the first part of the plan is finished we would like to welcome all mature and responsible (which is not always reflected by persons age) players to our ranks.

Reading these forums, you can sometimes get the idea that is very hard to find and play with helpfull players in World of Warcraft, especialy in the time of the endgame conent which can sometimes require time like a full time job. Sometimes this is true but more often it is not, that is way we would like to open our guild doors to all the people who wish to level with someone, do instances, enjoy PvP content because PvP and PvE can coexist, be there together for WotLK, and finally raid in the endgame content.

So, since we are at the very begginning of forming real guild, all classes and races are welcome! You dont have to be experienced player to join us, and nobody in our guild will yell at you or call you a noob for not knowing things. Experienced players are also very welcome to join us and enjoy the game without any stress.

So what can guild offer to you?

2. Easier grouping for instances with people you know how they function (and that understanding goes both ways)
3. Use of guild bank - a lot of items players dont need put in there for others to take
4. Crafting proffesions - you cant expect people will make everything for free, but within guild walls, enchantments, jewelcrafting,... can be a lot cheaper when you have mats, all good people always pitch in with some spare stuff which is always laying around, at least you will not pay fees
5. Having fun - after guild gatherings (which take place every sunday) we started to go on raids on alliance towns to have some fun and enjoy pvp part of the game

Our aims are:

4. And when we finaly hit 80 partake in end game content as much as our lives allow us to do, without pressures and restrictions

And as an extra challenge, we play on the realm where Horde is an underdog, so come join us and lets show those alliances what Horde realy stands for. Very Happy Very Happy

Please visit our forum at www.doomedriders.com and leave your application form Smile

Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:38 am

Very nice. Shocked

Can't hurt to put it on Shattered Hands realm forums but hardly anyone goes there.. Newcomers forum is your best bet, probably.
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Nice cosmetics .
Let us wait a bit if somebody has something to add, and then Ill put it on!! Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:19 am

Ok I put it on, now well have to wait and see.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:34 am

I fixed some grammar errors, at least I think and hope so Razz Correct me if I'm wrong. I used bold text on the places I fixed, so it's easier to see and fix them.

Doomed Riders is a relatively new Horde guild on Shattered Hand pvp realm. After meeting on this very place couple of us formed a rerolling guild, which now started to take shape of a proper guild. We have our tabard, two tabs of guild bank and a core of 15 very easygoing and helpfull people.

Reading these forums, you can sometimes get the idea that is very hard to find and play with helpfull players in World of Warcraft, especialy in the time of the endgame conent which can sometimes require time like a full time job. Sometimes this is true but more often it is not, that is the way we would like to open our guild doors to all the people who wish to level with someone, do instances, enjoy PvP content because PvP and PvE can coexist, be there together for WotLK, and finally raid in the endgame content.

So, since we are at the very beginning of forming a real guild, all classes and races are welcome! You dont have to be an experienced player to join us, and nobody in our guild will yell at you or call you a noob for not knowing things. Experienced players are also very welcome to join us and enjoy the game without any stress.

So what can this guild offer to you?

4. Crafting proffesions - you cant expect people will make everything for free, but within guild walls, enchantments, jewelcrafting,... can be a lot cheaper when you have mats, all good people always pitch in with some spare stuff which is always laying around, at least you will not pay fees
5. Having fun - after guild gatherings (which take place every sunday) we started to go on raids on alliance towns to have some fun and enjoy pvp part of the game

Our aims are:

And as an extra challenge, we play on the realm where Horde is an underdog, so come join us and lets show those alliances what Horde realy stands for.

Please visit our forum at www.doomedriders.com and leave your application form
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:05 am

Hey all Smile

First time I've looked at the ad to be honest hehehe, I've cleaned it up a bit further:

Doomed Riders is a relatively new Horde guild on the Shattered Hand pvp realm. After meeting at this very place a couple of us formed a rerolling guild, which has now started to take the shape of a proper guild. We have our tabard, two tabs of guild bank and a core of 15 very easygoing and helpful people.

Now that the first part of the plan is finished we would like to open our doors to all mature and responsible (which is not always reflected by persons age) players to our ranks.

Reading these forums, you sometimes get the idea that is very hard to find and play with helpful players in World of Warcraft, especialy in the time of the endgame content which can sometimes require time like a full time job. Sometimes this is true but more often it is not, that is the way we would like to open our guild doors to all the people who wish to level with someone, do instances, enjoy PvP content because PvP and PvE can coexist, be there together for WotLK, and finally raid in the endgame content.

So, since we are at the very beginning of forming a real guild, all classes and races are welcome! You dont have to be an experienced player to join us, and nobody in our guild will yell at you or call you a noob for not knowing things. Experienced players are also very welcome to join us and enjoy the game without any stress.

So what can this guild offer to you?

2. Easier grouping for instances with people you know, and know how they function (and that understanding goes both ways)
3. Use of guild bank - we put a lot of items players dont need in there for others to take as they wish
4. Crafting professions - you cant expect people will make everything for free, but within guild walls, enchantments, jewelcrafting,... can be a lot cheaper when you have mats, all good people always pitch in with some spare stuff which is always laying around, at least you will not pay fees
5. Having fun - after guild gatherings (which take place every Sunday) we started to go on raids on alliance towns to have some fun and enjoy the pvp part of the game

Our aims are:

And as an extra challenge, we play on the realm where Horde is an underdog, so come join us and let us show the alliances what Horde realy stands for.

Please visit our forum at www.doomedriders.com and leave your application form.

Good ad Smile

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:38 am

Ok, the newcomers post has been updated after Pers revision!!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:45 am

Great work lads Very Happy I hope it will draw some attention now Very Happy
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:47 am

Well, none so far lol!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:51 am

Yeah, I've seen it Razz Will wait with bumping till evening though Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:23 am

Hmmm not a single reply (apart from Nyctalus's bump) in our ad thread on wow forums since yesterday... Why people seem to not be interested in joining us? Shocked Can't get my head around it... Maybe it's this realm? But I won't be changing realm just to get few more peeps in Razz Any thoughts?
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:01 am

I think there's just not people rerolling/starting the game right now and if they are, they don't read the newcomer forums. I tried to get my RL friend here but he insists on starting on Al'Akir because he's got quite a lot of classmates there. I'm really out of ideas how to get more people to join..
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:16 am

Well that text was all I can think of so I am fresh out of ideas!
However on the lighter note, at least we know it is not your fault Buc!
I realy think it could be server.
I propose we wait a bit more and see what will happen.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:21 am

Yeah... let's wait and see Smile Kadath - people are reroling cos other recruitment threads get a lot of interest. I don't get it...
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next