Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Once in the game????

+2
Gredeth
Captain Etin
6 posters

Go down

Once in the game???? Empty Once in the game????

Post  Captain Etin Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:46 am

Hey all,
I was gutted last night to find out that I was unable to accept the guild invite whilst still using the trial. I started to install from disc the full game and was dismayed when midnight came and the updates downloads still had not finished!!!

There are further downloads required before I can get in the game so looks like I may not get online tonight either Evil or Very Mad

Seen as I have so long to wait for all these downloads I have been doing a lot of research into the different classess etc along with some hints and tips for when I'm in.

With this in mind I began to think:

"So what do I do once I am in the game and have accepted the guild invite???"

So this is my question to you.

When I log in I will be infront of the campfire with the ugly chappy offering my a task... then what?

Should I go to a specific area? do I need to customize my character in anyway? Should I log onto here to find out if anyone else is playing and where they are? Should I just play solo and wait to hear from one of you?

I've tried searching the forums for this kind of info but was unsuccesful (it wouldnt surprise me if thats just me being dumbass), so figured I'd start this topic so us noobs know what to do the moment we enter the game.

Anyhoo,

I'll catch you all in shattered hand.

Massive Respect!
Captain Etin
Captain Etin

Back to top Go down

Once in the game???? Empty Re: Once in the game????

Post  Gredeth Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:52 am

Well you can do whatever you want Smile At level 1 the only thing you can really do, though, are quests. Get all the quests you see, read what the NPC tells you to do and go do it. If you have a very hard quest which you can't complete on your own, try again after you've gained another level or two OR alternatively ask someone in the guild for help. You can talk in the guild chat by typing "/g".

Should I go to a specific area?
-You should do all the quests you can get, they will keep you occupied in the starting area and at level 5 or 6 the last quest you can get there takes you to the next place where you can get a lot more quests.

do I need to customize my character in anyway?
-You already did that while creating it Very Happy

Should I log onto here to find out if anyone else is playing and where they are?
-Not everyone browse the forums and play the game at the same time so if you want to know who are playing at the moment, press "O" and click the tab "Guild". You can toggle the "Show offline members" on and off depending on which you like more.

Should I just play solo and wait to hear from one of you?
-You can easily complete the quests you are given by soloing, if you get a quest that is extremely hard and requires you to kill an "elite" mob (a mob with higher health etc than a normal mob), it is said next to the quest name in your quest log, for example: "Panther Mastery (Group)" and in the bottom of the quest description it says "Suggested players [2]"
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Etin Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:09 pm

Ok, cool,
I'll just go solo until the quests start to toughen up a little and require more than little ol' me at which point I'll kick and scream until someone is able to offer a hand Wink
I''ll try and keep up with the discussions on here and try ad have a chat in the game occasionaly as well Very Happy

Massive Respect!
Captain Etin
Captain Etin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderspy Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:23 pm

a tips is to read the newbie manual on the wow offical site Smile

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/index.xml

Game Guide tabb
Spiderspy
Spiderspy

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Etin Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:49 pm

I'm finally in the game with a full membership!!!
Whoo!!!

Massive Respect!
Captain Etin
Captain Etin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:59 am

Well done Very Happy Looking forward to playing with you mate Wink
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zimone Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:37 am

Captain Etin wrote:I'm finally in the game with a full membership!!!
Whoo!!!

Massive Respect!

Yay!! See you soon Very Happy
Zimone
Zimone

Back to top Go down

Post  Zimone Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:01 am

Hiya Very Happy

Just wondering how your getting on? and if your enjoying the game?
Zimone
Zimone

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Etin Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:14 am

I’m getting on fairly well I think. I can’t be thankful enough to everyone in the guild for all the help and patience they are offering !!! I am so busy when I have a spare hour I have the option of either reading newbie manuals, or getting in the game so its nice to be able to ask questions as I go.
I’m currently level 7 aiming at getting up to level 10 by the weekend. I’ve had a few quests that have required I create a party with another player, and whilst enjoyable I find that most people don’t seem to enjoy the social side of the game. So I am really looking forward to getting to a point where I can come and play with the ‘big boys’ and be a little bit more involved.
I’m gutted about the gatherings on Sundays, this weekend I had family staying over, next weekend I have my karate grading and the following weekend I have a tournament so will have missed out on about a months worth of gatherings!!!

I am currently not using the guild bank or other such facilities. Should I be?

Cheers for asking.
Captain Etin
Captain Etin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anaplian Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:45 am

I don't think you can go too far wrong learning just by playing, certainly nothing a question or two can't answer anyway. Getting to level ten (and taming a pet) with my hunter was a big turning point as well, it only got better from there. Smile
Anaplian
Anaplian

Back to top Go down

Post  Zimone Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:09 am

Captain Etin wrote:I’m getting on fairly well I think. I can’t be thankful enough to everyone in the guild for all the help and patience they are offering !!! I am so busy when I have a spare hour I have the option of either reading newbie manuals, or getting in the game so its nice to be able to ask questions as I go.
I’m currently level 7 aiming at getting up to level 10 by the weekend. I’ve had a few quests that have required I create a party with another player, and whilst enjoyable I find that most people don’t seem to enjoy the social side of the game. So I am really looking forward to getting to a point where I can come and play with the ‘big boys’ and be a little bit more involved.
I’m gutted about the gatherings on Sundays, this weekend I had family staying over, next weekend I have my karate grading and the following weekend I have a tournament so will have missed out on about a months worth of gatherings!!!

I am currently not using the guild bank or other such facilities. Should I be?

Cheers for asking.

Im really glad your enjoying it.

When i first bought the game i got myself a manual and a map Embarassed , and i used to study them both for ages. Looking back though i think the best experience you'll get is as you go along, and half the fun of the game is finding everything out for yourself. Im actually really envious of newcomers to the game. So much fun to be had when your experiencing everthing for the first time, and you never really get that back again.

If you ever need a hand with anything then just yell, im always happy to help, no matter what it is. My new characters name is Alanna and im on every night for a couple of hours at least.

As for the guild bank, im not sure you'll be able to use it yet if your still an initiate.
Once you become a member then i'd definately recommend you use it. Its nice to be able to put things in that you know other members will find useful or be able to take something out for yourself that you maybe couldnt afford to buy, or simply cant find on the AH Very Happy

Last edited by Zimone on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Zimone
Zimone

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:34 pm

Im actually really envious of newcomers to the game. So much fun to be had when your experiencing everthing for the first time, and you never really get that back again.

Good times, good times.. /sigh Very Happy My advice to you, Etin, enjoy the game; read the quest texts (unless you really can't be arsed to), explore the world, try things. Once you reach higher levels and gain knowledge of the game, you won't be able to experience the game as a newcomer ever again. Wink
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down