Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Etin regarding warrior builds

3 posters

Go down

To Etin regarding warrior builds Empty To Etin regarding warrior builds

Post  Teshija Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:10 am

Basicly as you have read you have three talent trees and 61 talent points (71 soon) to distribute among them. It is totaly up to you how to do it. Play stile and preferences bring mostly to thee decisions.
For Warrior basicly and in my exp and from a lot of debate with buc you have the following:
Arms - PvP
Fury - Leveling
Prot - Tanking
Arms you use one 2handed weapon, they are slow but damage output and critical strikes are huge.
Fury you use two one handed weapon (soon with titans grip youll be able to use 2 two handed weapons), very fast strikes, but a lot of misses dodges,...however a little dance stancing and effective use of owerpover makes this insanely effective. In addition Fury has a few talents which enebles you to return life blood craze and blood thirst, first is passive and other is more or less spamable. Some would argue that blood craze is a waste of talents but cumulative with blood thirst it significantly reduces the time you have to stop and eat. On Kastel my second warrior when I learned much of using talents and gear I could run over 10 mobs without need to eat.
Protection - slow as death to level, youll get smashed every time on PvP, but youll be a big hero in instances so you can gear up nicely. Every other dps class is more popular then dps warrior, and more usefull while on topic. But you can tank instances up to outland as fury or arms without any problem.
If you had never played warrior before and never been in instances before I would advise aginst tanking. Reasons are:
1. Youll do it mostly with other people who will not have patience you require to learn it.
2. all players of the group will be smart asses and this will only get you down.
If you decide on tanking ask one of us to run you through instances before you try to find a group - youll get the chance to see outline of them and learn a few tricks.
Anyways warrior are one of the most gear dependent classes out there, so sometimes its pain to get into instances and there is always some pally rolling for obvious tanking item just becouse it mail or plate and he is a healer. SO you can always ask some uf us to help you gear up.
As to distribution of tallent points there are usuall (41-20) which brings you to the bottom of one talent tree and redistribute 20 in another, There are many variations (41-10-10, 51-10, whatever springs to mind), there are even so called hybrids which never reach the top talent of the tree but keep them on 31-30 or something like that. It depends on your play stile, which you sadly dont have in the beggining, youll have to try different things out.
In the end my advice would be go fury for levelling, try out tanking a few times and if you like it respec protection when you ding 60.
Here are some talent builds:
For Fury:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=LZ0xxcEVubeoVkzo
For prot:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=LZ0xZV0tMgcdidIzkGo
So this is the new wotlk talent tree which i think will be on today. Ill Leave arms build to Buc and I expect hell have more to say on the subject than I. I tried it and didnt like it.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

To Etin regarding warrior builds Empty Re: To Etin regarding warrior builds

Post  Buculus Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:47 am

Nice one Nyc Smile Etin - to not get lost in the amount of infomration for the time being I really recommend you Fury spec. Arms is not good for you if you don't have like 30-40tp to put in this tree so we can come back to this build when you reach lvl40-50 Smile Only then you'll have access to vital abilities like Mortal Strike or Death Wish. For first levels Fury is the best option for new warrior Smile Protection - in here I recommend lvl60 or higher. Again - you need a lot of tp (talent points) to get the most out of it. You also need shield and 1h weapon which means huge survivality but very low damage. It's great for tanking in instances and fighting mobs even though it takes longer to take them down.

From my expierience I can say that for warrior the best way to lvl up is to stay Fury up to lvl40-50, then go arms from 40-50 onwards and protection when you have lvl60 or higher. You won't need protection for pre Outland instances anyway so leave this talent tree for now.

You can also stay Fury all the way to 70 to become a pve dps in instances or raids. Note that other classes might be better dpss than warriors so you need to be really good to out dps them.

As Nyc mentioned Arms spec is mainly for pvp. If you are not interested in pvp at all leave it. Fury will serve you well for leveling but if you like pvp I really recommend to respecc above lvl40 or close to 50 and go arms. This talent tree has a lot of usefull stuff for pvp when Fury is more focused on pve dps.

Getting to the bottom line:

Don't worry about arms or protection specs for now. When you get closer to 40-50 you'll have better idea whether you want to focus on pvp or pve and then you can decide what to do next. If you decide that pvp is what you want to do in game then Arms is the way to go. If you lean towards pve then you have two choices - either stay Fury for pve dps or go Protection if you want to tank in instances. Tanking is not an easy job and can put you off if you don't have a good group with you. Be careful when you join pugs (pick up groups - when you go to instance with random people) as you will come accross players who has no clue how to play but will blame you for everything.

This is how your talent tree can / should look like around lvl 20.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LZ0xxo

You will have improved critical chance, more rage and piercing howl is very handy when you are facing more than one enemy.

Now I don't want to say that's the only way to go. It is not. You can try yourself to distibute points in different way and see how you get on. If you need help or are unsure you can always ask and we are more than happy to discuss / help if we can Smile For now - enjoy the game and when you reach 20 we can work on further talents for you Smile As I said - don't bother with Arms or Prot yet Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:59 am

Buculus wrote:
You can also stay Fury all the way to 70 to become a pve dps in instances or raids. Note that other classes might be better dpss than warriors so you need to be really good to out dps them.
Its not only this, but most other classes have some form of CC, while warriors dont any. They can be used as off tanks and thats that, but mostly if your tank is good off tank only gets in the way.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Etin Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:38 am

Ok. I'm going to stick with fury for now up to around lvl 40 - 50 and see how I feel when I have a firmer grasp on my playing style.

As with Bucs WOW guide Im sure I'll end up constantly refering back to all this info to make sure I stick to the right track pirat

Cheers for your efforts!

Massive Respect!
Captain Etin
Captain Etin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down