Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leveling Guides

5 posters

Go down

Leveling Guides Empty Leveling Guides

Post  Captain Etin Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:51 am

Hey Guys,
I know the rules on cheating are tough and I agree with that, and im wondering if leveling guides are considered cheating? As I look around to try and learn more of the game, i am bombarded by adverts for guides that will help me to level up and earn millions of g p/h. they all sound more like scams than anything, but dont want to be missing out if its 'the done thing; Wink

Anyhoo, let me know your thoughts on the matter Arrow

Massive Respect!
Captain Etin
Captain Etin

Back to top Go down

Leveling Guides Empty Re: Leveling Guides

Post  Teshija Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:57 am

as far as I know they are not illegal. There are tons of guides, some free better ones cost money. The only stuff i use is questhelper. as for making money there are some tricks to do it, but fast leveling aint gonna get you there couse you have to spend some time earning it.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:14 pm

Hi Etin Smile No, leveling guides are not considered as cheating but...

1. You'll be loosing a lot if you follow them. You are very lucky that you have a chance to explore WoW for the first time. Many long time players would love to get a chance to go through all zones 'for the first time' again.

2. You'll be following guide lines - go there, do this, don't do this, leave your hs in here, don't take this q, etc, etc. You won't be able to decide what to do and when.

These guides are great when you are leveling your 3rd, 4th (and so on) character on ally/horde side. At this stage you've been in all the places, you got to 70 and you've done most of the quests. All you want is to get another toon to 70 (80 soon) asap and then leveling guides come in handy. You'll be storming through levels but you'll be like a blind man following his dog...

I do not recommend them for any newcomers as WoW is all about exploring and finding stuff in game. If someone tells you where to go and what to do it becomes less fun and can be off putting. I do recommend them if you need to level next toon to max lvl and you want to do this quick.

Take it easy mate. It's not a race Smile Enjoy every minute of this game Smile Go where you want, do what you want to do and don't bother with any guides yet. If you're short of money - give us a shout and we will flood this forum with quick and easy ways of earning g (hehehe - look who said it Laughing )

I hope it helps Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Etin Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:44 pm

Buc, from this day forth you shall be known as Buddha, Knowlegable of all WOW!
Captain Etin
Captain Etin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:48 pm

Captain Etin wrote:Buc, from this day forth you shall be known as Buddha, Knowlegable of all WOW!

lol!

I still have plenty to learn mate Wink
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Mate, whatever you do DO NOT BUY ANY GUIDES/GOLD FOR REAL MONEY. Now I ask you to read that again.. done? Thank you. Laughing

First of all - buying WoW gold is illegal and cheating and whatnot. Gold is really easy to make anyway and if you're having trouble doing that give us a shout as Bu(ddha)culus already said. Smile

As for guides, our lil' Buddha is right about that too. I really miss being new to the game and not knowing things, I really do! Spending my talent points wrong (yes the choices were so stupid you could say they were wrong! Laughing ), trying new things, screwing up and that way learning new things, it was a lot of fun and I'd love to experience that again. Very Happy Unfortunately I can't...

I'm using a guide to level Kadath and leveling up quickly sure is fun but I really wouldn't recommend it for newcomers. If you feel you're stuck, let us know and we'll help you. Smile

P.S - I'm getting a new pre-paid card tomorrow and I'm probably going to mess around for now so if anyone needs any help, let me know. Just a little heads up. Razz
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:54 am

Heh now I have the time to write something more on the whole topic.
1. As they said before dont use guides, I would reccomend to download questhelper addon which puts marks on the map and shows you where to go and what mobs to kill. So its easy for you to look at the map see the distribution of the quests you need to performa and decide on the shortest route for you to take. Believe me it helps a great deal. Also read the text there are some funny stories there.
2. Next thing you would want to have - big bags 10 slots to start, 16 slot for the best results so hit the AH, price of Neatherweave bag is around 6 or 7 g at least were the last time i bought them. This will significantly reduce your running back and forth time.
3. Banker alt - make some alt, whatever gender class or race you want and get him to Orgrimarr or any oother town with AH. You can then send him all the stuff you want to sell in the AH, it wil reduce your running time again. If you do a lot of battle grounds like Buc this will not be neccessery.
4. Put an autoloot option on in the options menu, i didnt bealive how much it shortned my time spend.
5. There is an option to autosell all the gray stuff from bags, but I had not found it so if anyone else know where it is please reveal your secret.
All this stuff will shorthen your leveling time considerably.
As for making money:
1. Have to gathering proffesions: Mining and skinning, skinning and herbalism (herbalism and mining is not coviniant couse you can track only one of those at the time, but in the end it brings nore money)
2. Level all of your secondary proffesions, warriors are realy dependent on first aid, cooking has some good buffs, and some fish sell for quite a bit of money.
3. Forget crafting proffesions, ask Buc how much money he had spent on blacksmithing and how many gear items of those he did actualy use. What you need you can easily buy in the end. Only proff that is forth leveling in my opininon is alchemy. You get to use what you make all the time.
Since you are still in levels around durotar I found this to be a good money making route there by fishing and herbalism
(track fish skill helps a lot here but you can make without one since its a rare drop from chest in the flotsam fishing nodes)
So you get into ratchet Swim down the coast and pick up strangekelp (was worth 15-20 g for a stack at the time). swim way down to that human fort (I gathered stack and a half this way). Then run back to ratchet and keep your eyes open for schools of oily blackmouth (same price for stack). after you got your stack go fish for deviates in those lagoons in the barrens. Again look for schools, and fish from them (20g a stack) I did this with breakfest before work, took me 40 min or so, and when I got back from work 40-60 g was waiting for me at the mailbox:)
Just one note though the new achievment system could make a chnage in levelling now. I was fast to level with hunter becouse it was easy for me to solve orange and even red quests with hunter, and with warrior friends more or less powered me up, so a lot of quests i didnt solve and all zones are practicly unexplored to the end (all of this brings out those points). Now I see lvl 70 doing level 6 quests to get those points, and Ill probably do the same when I have the time to do it. So in the end you chose what you want to do m8, be fast and miss a whole lot of the game, or take your time and achieve all you can for those points, some nice and fun rewards there!! Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:19 am

5. There is an option to autosell all the gray stuff from bags, but I had not found it so if anyone else know where it is please reveal your secret.

I don't know if there's a built-in system to do that in the game but I'm using "GetVendored". You can download it here
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:23 am

Thanx, m8. You back with us yet??
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:17 pm

Well, I was... I kind of am.. Ah, confusing eh? Very Happy I'm still downloading the patches on my own computer but I logged in at my friend's place today. I didn't talk much or didn't do anything really because I had to rearrange all my action bars and try to remember all the keybindings I had, took quite a lot of time. Another thing I noticed is that I can't play anymore Very Happy:D All my über skills are gone, reaction times were like 6 seconds and I had no idea what the heck was going on around me in BGs Very Happy Well, I can use the "I was playing at my friend's place, weird computer and all" -excuse for now, tomorrow I should be able to play at home and we'll see if it gets any better.. Laughing
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Etin Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:34 pm

Fine! Ok, I now see that I was wrong!!!
Buculus, you are most definatly highly knowligable in all that is WOW. However, I now realise that the genius does not stop there. No, in this forum genius is shown by three people far more than any others.
Their names will go down in history as legendary legends! They shall be looked upon when developing future MMO's to fully understand the limits of the minds capabilities in this field. Their names are:

Sir Buculusness of wisdom;
Sir Kadathness of bluntness;
and
Sir Nyctalusness of hippy

I'm sorry. I've been drinking alien

Cheers for all your help guys, I appreciate your time Very Happy

Massive Respect!

[Edit], itl be good to have you back in game m8 Cool

Massive Respect!
Captain Etin
Captain Etin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:51 am

lol! lol! lol! flower
Thx m8. Drinking is always nice and when it brings out fun side of people then its even better. All of us have our drinking moments (sadly they are way behind me,.....) ah the days when I was young, and could drink and ace my exames,.... aaah, I am soo old Sad Sad Sad
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:23 am

Hehe it seams i mist this entier thred... Smile To bad it was a good discussion but i like to ad one thing proffecion wise. Yes its true that tread prof cost money but if this is you first carh i recomend you take one gatering and a coresponding trade skill its more fun thet way and if you dont minde skilling in aslow tempo it dose not cost that mutch. And you can sell what you make for a nice proffet. I think i havent spent one unnesesery gold on my alchemy skill sins i only made pots and stuff i needed my self or thought i could sell and if you skill in a slow tempo you have time to finde recepis for stuff like pots or armore tuckt away in remot villages. This ad a lvl of excitment comming in to a new village and thinking "Maybbe som vender her have nice recepi and then finding one...Smile.

What im trying to say if you skill lvl fast it cost money but if you skill lvl slower and take your time doing it you can find nice recepis along the way that you fell you want to make for your self or selling and then you dont spend money just to get the skill the the skill becomes a bonus. And if you skill slow you often have the time to get your own mats from you gattering skill and thus spend less monney.

Then when you have a high skill you can start making stuff to sell for a nice proffit i make about 100 gold a day on my alchemy (and then i by mats) and it take about 10 min a day. Uurah have high lvl in blacksmithing and he makes even more. The money making for trade poffesions comes whit high skills but the road there can be fun and even proffitebul if you take your time. For insten trying to unload 15 Deadly blunderbust in 2 days is not that easy but if you spread the making of them selling of them an also gathering the mats your self over 2 weeks you kan make a nice proffit of upto about 100 golds (if you play the market right) and that is at about lvl 170 in engeneering.

So i defenetly recomend you get bouth a trade skill and the corresponding gathering skill to get the most out of the game cause as buc sad its the journey not the destination thats fun....Smile

MMM how i wich i could play wow again for the first time...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:42 am

Leanah's adivce has its points, for a leveling warrior I would suggest herbalism/alchemy, esp if you level alone without healer to back you up. I had alchemy and had tons pof potion ready for use to make my life easier!! Avoided many corpse runs just with unlimited suply of healing pots, which are not too cheap in the amount warrior consumes them. You would also need to have a look in AH to see which potions sell and which dont!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:16 am

Captain Etin wrote:
and

lol! lol! lol! What you've been drinking mate? Very Happy hehehehehe
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:06 am

Buculus wrote:
Captain Etin wrote:
and

lol! lol! lol! What you've been drinking mate? Very Happy hehehehehe

Hmm, might be something like This bounce

However, I now realise that the genius does not stop there. No, in this forum genius is shown by three people far more than any others.
Their names will go down in history as legendary legends! They shall be looked upon when developing future MMO's to fully understand the limits of the minds capabilities in this field.

I have to say this part made me laugh. cheers
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:16 am

man i just checkt my spelling on my earlier post... Rolling Eyes Well spelling aint my strong side anyway Smile

And as Nyc sad pots are realy good and sins you make it your self you dont fell the need to skimp on them. Elexire is also very nice to give you a 30 or 60 min buff and they can realy com in handy my mage for instens nearly doubled her armor whit a elexire of grater defens when she was at low lvl and that ain to bad. And unslught elexire is not to bad for a warrior...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down