Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New server???

+3
Teshija
Gredeth
Buculus
7 posters

Go down

New server??? Empty New server???

Post  Buculus Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:03 am

I was thinking over last few days what's wrong with us that other people doesn't really want to join us and I came to a conclusion it's not about us but about the server we are on. I know it was brough up many, many times and we all agreed that as long as we have a bunch of friendly and active people we are ok on any server but... new people doesn't seem to be interested in coming to Shattered Hand...

Last thing I'd like to do is to move to new server, set up Guild Bank again, Guild and everything from scratch but how else we will get more people in? I'm out of ideas... And then what other server is good to move to? We might end up in the same spot we're in at the moment.

I'd like to know what you all think about it. It's not cheap - and I'm talking about IRL money (take in account some alts too...) and it will cause a lot of troubles if we decide to do this. Personally I'd like to hear that's not the case and that we are staying here but then can someone throw in some ideas as to how get more active people in?

I think I have too much time for thinking Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New server??? Empty Re: New server???

Post  Gredeth Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:07 am

I don't see anything wrong with our realm. It's not laggy (or if it is, the problem's at my end), I've seen players mostly speaking english, DOOMED RIDERS IS ON THIS REALM etc. tongue

Personally I don't like the idea of moving on to another realm, at least through PCT and as funny as it is, even less interested in starting all over though it'll probably be pretty fast now that I know how to play shaman, get water shield at low lvl etc etc. I really don't know Very Happy One thing's for sure, if you guys go, I go with you.

First, before transfering anywhere, I'd say we should spend some time checking the realm forums, make some characters on that realm and spend some time on them to get an idea of the realm..

One thing we could try is to go do some stuff together to some public areas. Having fun in Orgrimmar, people see we're having fun and maybe get interested. We could all, for example fly to crossroads and start a massive attack to some alliance zones from there. Why crossroads? That place is always crowded and again, people would see that we're actually having loads of fun together and maybe get interested. That's all I can come up with atm: make people get interested in joining.

Oh and a little side-note: a friend of mine is going to start WoW again and I asked him if he'd like to come to Shattered Hand and he said something along the lines of "Yes" Wink
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:26 am

Well as for IRL money was the issue and the time is money bit of wisdom is true we wouldnt be playing wow now, and we would be spending time earning it I guess.
My only problem with that notion now is that I cant move Tesh again for three weeks more I bealive since I guess he is my main now. And I would most likley leave all my other chars behind and start to fool around with new alts. Money is not the issue but I am not paying for all my chars now, and besides I dnt really need them Ill make neew little hunter to fool around with.
Setting up GB, new guild,.... I guess its not a problem now that we have money.
Personaly i think we have two major issues:
1. realm I guess people stay clear from it to begin with as all forums point to
2. we are in a kind of gray zone now we are not a leveling or rerolling guild any more, we are at the end now and we simply dont have enough people to do end game stuff, so I guess people can join other guilds more esily and do thats tuff than with us. In this game people that look on the game like fun are rare. When I played with those friends of mine I relised how different they were on wow. They are rely nice IRL but in here man, leveling no breaks no chats, just insane run through instances and levels. Most of the people I encounterd in wow are like that.
I guees now is the time to usk ourselves what we would like to do to stay small and fun community to help each other and have fun, all expand and try to do end game stuff (raids I mean) personaly I think latter is not going to happen. We have trouble grouping up for 5 mans let alone 10 or 25 mans.
Alternative is to try and make an PvP based guild. Was thinking the other day and gave up on the end game raids the reason being even if we manage up the 25 or more people I would probably have the time to do it once and in best case twice a week.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:09 am

Hmmm Nyc - you've got the point there. We really are in the 'grey zone' at the moment. It might be off putting for newcomers to join Guild where most of people online is around lvl50-60-70 as they have no company to level with. On the other hand we have no raiding core yet so any raiders at lvl70 won't be interested in joining us either. Maybe we should try to get to 70 (those who are not there yet) and then start recruting among people who will move onwards to lvl to 80? There might be more people interested in joining us if we manage to have like 10 lvl70 by the time WotLK is out. Then we could all move on to Northrend and run instances together. If this won't work then we can keep on leveling to 80 and start recruiting then. There will be a lot of freshly dinged 80s to join us for raids to gear up for heroics Smile

I really don't like the idea of changing the server Sad

So waht do we say - lvl up and wait for the time being?
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:16 am

Buculus wrote:
So waht do we say - lvl up and wait for the time being?
I would wote for this!!
http://www.warcraftrealms.com/eu_realmstats.php
See here now shattered hand has around 14000 players, a month ago in that place was a number of 5000 and you are relly going to notice much more people around, although I doubt at the total accuracy of these numbers.
After we sattle at 80 we wil decide what to do next, there could be more people coming with wotlk.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:32 am

To be honest, i don't think its to do with people not wanting to join our guild, because of the server.

I think its because people still see us as a re-roll guild or a guild for newbies. Which, in my opinion, we're not anymore.

Why don't i think its the server?

Cyclone BG - Widely agreed the best EU BG.

PvP realm.

Lagg free - Atleast for me anyway.

Only " problems " i can think of would be > Low population, Cyclone BG ( Some don't link the intense competition ) and that the *top guilds on SH aren't English based. ( E V O, are Chinese. Others are Swedish, that area ).

*No offence ment.

though i should mention that SH is a server name widly spread around the swedish wow communities
and it has nothing to do with any great stuff it is jsut that it is crowded with small swedish brats >_> thats way i'm for a server move.

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:34 am

True Smile we might not have enough time to run lvl70 heroics before WotLK so maybe we should focus on lvl80 end game at this stage?
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:36 am

Akaris wrote:To be honest, i don't think its to do with people not wanting to join our guild, because of the server.

I think its because people still see us as a re-roll guild or a guild for newbies. Which, in my opinion, we're not anymore.

Why don't i think its the server?

Cyclone BG - Widely agreed the best EU BG.

PvP realm.

Lagg free - Atleast for me anyway.

Only " problems " i can think of would be > Low population, Cyclone BG ( Some don't link the intense competition ) and that the *top guilds on SH aren't English based. ( E V O, are Chinese. Others are Swedish, that area ).

*No offence ment.

alien

Hmm so we really should wait then till lvl80 end game and then start recruiting for raids Smile Should be way easier. Fact - we are not rerollers anymore. Of course we are still open to any newbies and low lvl toons but as I said - it might be off putting for them if they a re looking for some company to lvl with.

Maybe let's wait till lvl80 and then we will decide what to do next Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:00 am

I agree with everything Akaris said, but also<big> most</big> people want to either focus on PvE(raiding) or PvP(BG/Arena)
And we dont focus on either if you get me.

The people that would join us aer quite a small market of people, as anyone slightly above causal would want to join a more 'hardcore' guild.

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:22 am

Rawrrz wrote:
I agree with everything Akaris said, but also<big> most</big> people want to either focus on PvE(raiding) or PvP(BG/Arena)
And we dont focus on either if you get me.
The people that would join us aer quite a small market of people, as anyone slightly above causal would want to join a more 'hardcore' guild.
Here is it in a nutshell, or the gray erea i have been talking about. I guess wait till 80 and do all we can, make friends along the way and see what happenes. And turn to PvP or PvE in the end. But still be open fro both to those who wish.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:49 am

An interesting discusion. I agree whit you i think we should focus on lvl 80 end game play and see if we can get more players that way. Sins this is my only server i ever playd on i cant say anything on the subjekt of thet...Smile But i can say that i might be reluctant to move to another server sins i have a lot of IRL friends on this server...But one shall never say never we have to see...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:57 am

Leanah1 wrote: sins i have a lot of IRL friends on this server...But one shall never say never we have to see...Smile
And why are not they in our guild??
Bring them in quickly!!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:31 am

Anyways since this horde thing practicly aint working my brand new suggestion is to start over as allyes jocolor jocolor
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:13 am

Nyctalus wrote:Anyways since this horde thing practicly aint working my brand new suggestion is to start over as allyes jocolor jocolor

First of all dont even joke about that... Smile

Second well Shaah is already in the guild. and 2 other are already in other guilds but im trying to get one of them to come to use and a fourth one is about to start wow sone hes just waiting for his new computer...Smile and him ill trapp for sure...Smile

Btw nice sig Nyc... cheers
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:16 am

Nyctalus wrote:Anyways since this horde thing practicly aint working my brand new suggestion is to start over as allyes jocolor jocolor

Ehh... Sure, let's roll on alliance and go pewpew squidguy DPS SmileSmile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:19 am

Hehe you know I was kidding right, while you mentioned Shaah is he enchanter btw?
EEh and on sig note: its spiders masterpiece so credits go to him Very Happy Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:32 am

You've been drinking again? Razz hehehe I have Guild on ally side on Ravenholdt Razz Only me and Nahi left in there (in Guild I mean) lol! 2 people guild woohoo Very Happy I haven't been really paying on ally side since I moved on to horde. Only when SH is down I do some odd BG every now and then on my hunter and that's it Razz Oh wait - if I take my pally it will be 3 people guild Very Happy Bank tab is there and we have tabards lol!
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:37 am

Oddly enough not today, our wine dealer is in Argentina so 2 weeks of parched throat at work.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Etin Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:01 am

OH MY GOD!!!!!! I JUST POSTED A MASSIVE REPLY TO THIS TOPIC AND IT DIDNT ACTUALLY POST!!!!!!

Ok, in a nut shell my suggestions were (I cant believe this I spent almost half hour writing a full on post!);

A) Regular raids at different levels i.e. first sunday of each month can be for lvl 0 - 10, second sunday of each month 11 - 20 etc etc. this could even go one step further by splitting a day into two hour sections in which different bands get together and raid. This would require some of you max lvls to create alts that join the different band levels to explain what to do and give general guidance.

B) Allow lower levels to occasionaly borrow one of your alt characters so that they can join in with guild activities and therefore understand how to better develop their characters to further help the guild Cool

C) Make more of a 'deal' with your events i.e. rather than trying to get together every now and again have a set time (at least monthly) which is always the same and people are made aware of when they join that you get together and carry out raids. You could also include incentives ie. the person that gains the most exp points will receive a kick ass piece of kit bought for them by the guild.

To summaries, rather than just having one team that does all the cool stuff lets try and discuss the possibilities of getting newbies involved as a team right from the start in a similar fasion to a sports third tem, second team and firsts and then when you get into the A - team you have real events to take part in Cool you could evenlook at making seasonal changes to the raids i.e. with Hallowsend going on you could all get together, stick pumpkins on your heads and only attack other players with pumpkins on their heads, or you could have done the ram racing as a big group. I dont really understand enough yet to make real suggestions but I hope these help spark your braincells Very Happy

I think this guild kicks ass in how friendly and sociable it is, now I think we just need to focus on being more hands on for all members (a fact that could be advertised in outside forums).

Massive Respect!
Captain Etin
Captain Etin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:14 am

Captain Etin wrote:OH MY GOD!!!!!! I JUST POSTED A MASSIVE REPLY TO THIS TOPIC AND IT DIDNT ACTUALLY POST!!!!!!

Ok, in a nut shell my suggestions were (I cant believe this I spent almost half hour writing a full on post!);

A) Regular raids at different levels i.e. first sunday of each month can be for lvl 0 - 10, second sunday of each month 11 - 20 etc etc. this could even go one step further by splitting a day into two hour sections in which different bands get together and raid. This would require some of you max lvls to create alts that join the different band levels to explain what to do and give general guidance.

B) Allow lower levels to occasionaly borrow one of your alt characters so that they can join in with guild activities and therefore understand how to better develop their characters to further help the guild Cool

C) Make more of a 'deal' with your events i.e. rather than trying to get together every now and again have a set time (at least monthly) which is always the same and people are made aware of when they join that you get together and carry out raids. You could also include incentives ie. the person that gains the most exp points will receive a kick ass piece of kit bought for them by the guild.

To summaries, rather than just having one team that does all the cool stuff lets try and discuss the possibilities of getting newbies involved as a team right from the start in a similar fasion to a sports third tem, second team and firsts and then when you get into the A - team you have real events to take part in Cool you could evenlook at making seasonal changes to the raids i.e. with Hallowsend going on you could all get together, stick pumpkins on your heads and only attack other players with pumpkins on their heads, or you could have done the ram racing as a big group. I dont really understand enough yet to make real suggestions but I hope these help spark your braincells Very Happy

I think this guild kicks ass in how friendly and sociable it is, now I think we just need to focus on being more hands on for all members (a fact that could be advertised in outside forums).

Massive Respect!

Some very good ideas there. Having different brackets for guild events sure sounds interesting but we don't have enough members to really make it work. Sure, we higher levels could make alts but that would mean leveling them up as well which would leave us very little time to play on our main characters. Neutral

Until now the only guild event I've been in have been Astranaar raids and while they've been fun, something new would definetly be nice. Different event every weekend could be cool. Time to resurrect the guild event thread I started, huh? Razz Some ideas for guild events, post your ideas Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:22 am

Well Etin you have a point there, but...

1. raids are only for high levels and they take up 10, 25 or even 40 people to finish. All of us have some alts but we are way off on playing on then but if you ask for any of us to run you through instance well be there for you m8 and if there is an alt of appropriate level we can join in with him and do the instance properly. However as for me I am trying to build teshija as much as possible now for Wotlk so no time realy to fool around on alts. But once we all meat at 80 it will be whole other ball game, there are heroic dungeons and 10 man raids we wil be able to do. So hang on in there m8.

2. Borrow chars is against the blizz rules I think one persone per account and besides if you are playing on my alt i cant play on my main at the same time. If I got your idea right this is hardly going to happen, morelikley never

3. we have regular guild meetings but they are attended from time to time differently, as for guild buying gear thats hardly managable, the kick ass gar almost every time requires reputation which guild cant have, and dont bealive guild will cash in 300 g for 1 twink item your char will eventualy overgrow.
Well as for seasonal event I can take you for a ride this weekend since I plan to do that rotten egg stuff so you can accompany, I think its soloable!!?!!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Etin Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:50 pm

Nyctalus wrote:Well Etin you have a point there, but...

1. raids are only for high levels and they take up 10, 25 or even 40 people to finish. All of us have some alts but we are way off on playing on then but if you ask for any of us to run you through instance well be there for you m8 and if there is an alt of appropriate level we can join in with him and do the instance properly. However as for me I am trying to build teshija as much as possible now for Wotlk so no time realy to fool around on alts. But once we all meat at 80 it will be whole other ball game, there are heroic dungeons and 10 man raids we wil be able to do. So hang on in there m8.

2. Borrow chars is against the blizz rules I think one persone per account and besides if you are playing on my alt i cant play on my main at the same time. If I got your idea right this is hardly going to happen, morelikley never

3. we have regular guild meetings but they are attended from time to time differently, as for guild buying gear thats hardly managable, the kick ass gar almost every time requires reputation which guild cant have, and dont bealive guild will cash in 300 g for 1 twink item your char will eventualy overgrow.
Well as for seasonal event I can take you for a ride this weekend since I plan to do that rotten egg stuff so you can accompany, I think its soloable!!?!!

Hmmmmm, ok, I can see there may be one or two holes in my ideas Wink I might not be able to get ingame this weekend else I would love to join in with the 'rotten egg stuff'. This is the kind of stuff that would be cool if we can try and make guild events out of, as everyone of all levels can join in and be part of the group Very Happy In saying that there have been some awsome ideas in Kadaths thread Twisted Evil

Massive Respect!!!
Captain Etin
Captain Etin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down