Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What made you choose the class you're playing?

+6
Leannah
Temple
Spiderspy
Buculus
Akaris
Gredeth
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What made you choose the class you're playing? Empty What made you choose the class you're playing?

Post  Gredeth Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:01 pm

Time for a new thread! Laughing

What made you roll the class you're currently playing OR the class you chose when you started WoW? Heck, if you feel like writing a lot, go ahead and write reasons for rolling each of the classes you have! Laughing I think I'll start then!

My first ever character was a tauren shaman, called Kadath. I read about all the classes in the manual while waiting for the game to install and shaman just appealed to me most. "The spiritual leader.. Mmm, sounds good" , the totem buffs sounded cool, thinking about enhancing my weapons with different elements for various effects, being able to heal when needed all sounded good in fact. I also read that shaman are the "Jack of all trades, master of none" which I thought was good as I would be very versatile!

I also happened to see an enhancement shaman PvP video in youtube. The video started with a tauren shaman flying over Barrens on a wyvern with a BIG FAT two handed weapon on his back.. Next thing I saw was him running in Warsong Gulch and those big crits were flying all over the screen Very Happy Note that this was waay back when each windfury's procced attack's damage was shown individually. Like, windfury procced and there were three big numbers floating around. Twisted Evil It just looked so fun that I decided I must have one. ^^

I'll probably write more about my other characters when this thing gets rolling Very Happy Your turn!
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

What made you choose the class you're playing? Empty Re: What made you choose the class you're playing?

Post  Akaris Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:40 pm

Well the reason i play a Rogue? Out of all the classes....i find the Rogue the most effective class in PvE and PvP. I find them the best all-round class, reguardless of specc, gear and skill level.
So in my opinion - The best class at everything, they suit me perfectly.

But the story of my WoW life is as follows:

Looking back, the Rogue is the second class i leveled to 60. He was a Night Elf Rogue on Aerie Peak, over 3 years ago. My first being Corteaz - The Paladin. Also on the same server.

Why'd i level a Rogue at the time? Well like everyone else.... " PEWPEW NINJAZ ". Purely for the " cool " factor.

Both were part of the first guild i joined - Midnight Dragons. Now that i think about it, Midnight Dragons and Doomed Riders were very very similar guilds.

My third character to level was, again, a Rouge. Except on Horde side of Dragonblight. I joined the guild, Thundercats Ho. ( Very much like this guild, except more players, alot older and more experienced. Most were British players too. Sure i was the youngest at 17/18 ).

At this point i was getting into PvP, but after aquiring a high position in the guild and having an extremely...um...opposite person to me join the guild - I left with the majority of the guild too.
( Guess my leaving disbanded the guild ).

During my time with Thundercats Ho, i was leveling a Priest - The Priest for me is probably my seccond favourite class to play. She was a Undead, called Sacrament. Everything was pure awesomeness with a shadow Priest. This was at the time of the shadow Priest craze.

After this i decided to take a break from WoW - Think i left the Priest at 40-ish.

Once i came back to WoW, i decided to carry on leveling my Priest to 60.

After i had leveled my Priest to 60 i wanted to get away from the Aerie Peak - So i moved server to Dragonblight.

( The Burning Crusade is released )

I started to level a female Undead Warrior, called Ixio - The Warrior for me, was slow. I even stopped leveling at 69 because i realy got fed-up with the class. I found it slow, and purely offensive - No real defences.

Whils't i leveled, i found a guild called Incarna Mortis - Joining this guild wasn't a good idea. The guild master was....well....a complete tosser, to be frank. Just didn't work out for me.

( Took another break from WoW )

I picked up WoW again with my mind set on doing PvP with my brother. ( He started WoW way before me and was also on Aerie Peak, Alliance side - In the top raiding guilds in the Battlegroup ).

Eventually we started on Auchindoun - I started a Female Undead Warlock called Sephix. I loved playing the Warlock in PvE, but not in PvP ( Ironic, eh Razz ).

Me and my brother decided to go seperate ways - He left - I joined a guild. ( Can't remeber the name ).

This guild was headed by an amazing young married couple. And from then on it got better and better. We had some awesome members - I thought i wasn't going to leave. Ever.
But the lack of knowledge of the couple and the fact a new born was on the way ( Plus most of the members ), ment i was charged with recruitment, sorting class leaders, sorting out the first steps to starting raids, trying to explain all the basic mechanics, speccs for raiding, newbie questions etc etc etc.

Eventually i had to leave because of the effect WoW was having on my personal life - College realy went down the crapper. Lost a realy good RL friend ( The worst type of loosing someone ).

( Once again i took a break from WoW - But came back to start again on Jadeanar. This time i played the following classes solo )

After that i decided to level a Hunter - I realy realy enjoy the Hunter, they're realy fun to play all round. In my opinion the most fun leveling class of the lot.

After the Hunter i leveled a male Tauren Shaman called Itharius - I found Shamans to be a bit more caster then melee, as to Paladins, which i didn't like. Alot of fun to level with and very easy on gear requirements but i couldn't realy totaly like the idea of totems, so i decided to reroll again.

Next came the Mage - For me, the most boring and hardest class to level. Very fun to play in both PvP and PvE. Best thing for me was how defensive the Mage can be played. But also how very uncontrollaby offensive they can be if needed.

( Yep you guesssed it - Break from WoW )

Came back and found myself leveling a female Tauren Druid in the guild - Doomed Riders.

The Druid for me, was the easyiest of all the classes to level, by far. Playing as Feral is stupidly easy - Easy to tank and DPS, reguardless of gear quality at all levels.
Playing as Resto is also alot of fun - Even with a freshly dinged 70, you can still help massively in BGs.

Next part of the book is gona be on my DK - Not sure if i'll have time to type that section, if ya follow ;P

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

What made you choose the class you're playing? Empty Re: What made you choose the class you're playing?

Post  Gredeth Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:01 am

That's a good bedtime story, except for the "friend" part. I'm sorry for your loss Sad

My second character was an undead warlock, Gredeth ( Razz ). I don't think there really was anything that reaallly made me want to play a warlock but I guess it was just the sinister, evil look and feel of warlocks that interested me. Once again PvP movies played some kind of a role too, namely Drakedog. Razz His videos were very entertaining and made playing a warlock look so fun! Unfortunately Gredeth's story ended at level 24 when I simply got dead bored of it. I remember some of the conversation I had with a friend of mine where I told him that I'm so sick of Barrens. He told me to try Hillsbrad Foothills and so I did, until I got bored again.

I pushed myself to level him to 27 which was the point where I just couldn't continue; boring, not gonna work, reroll.

Next up was my first druid, Exiell (Don't ask I don't know where I got the name from Laughing at least it wasn't "Superdruidlol"). I can't really remember much from playing him, just the boring grind from 1-19 hoping that the cat form would make it easier.. It didn't. At that time I didn't know what was wrong with him and why all my fights ended with me at 20% health. Nowadays I would bet it was my items, toilet paper would've been better, really. "stupid druid, ****ing s*** **** ***** ***** **** ", reroll Very Happy

I continued watching PvP movies of different classes and my friend heard of Grim the undead rogue and told me about it. I still remember what he said: "It will make you want to reroll a rogue" and quite frankly he was right. Very Happy So was born my undead rogue, Naildan. Name came from a song I was listening while I was creating him: Barathrum - Nailday. The song's name had a typo on my computer, "Naildan".. (Oh the imagination I have!)
Naildan was a huge success, at least for me. He reached level 34 when I, again, got bored. This time it wasn't my items nor my build, it just got boring just like my warlock. I had some really good world pvp in Stranglethorn Vale though and this was when I fell in love with STV and world PvP in general.
Next up in the line: Varjostus the troll priest. First of all I have to say this was the first (and unfortunately last) time I really felt I had chosen a class that was really made just for me. The priest felt like a godlike class with basically no downtime thanks to Spirit Tap and stacked spirit, also every fight with equal level players ended with them hitting the dirt, even the two warriors and a hunter who jumped me all at once Smile.

While playing my priest, I found it incredibly fun to be able to heal, I even saved a few people by healing them when I saw them dying, yay Smile I got lots of invitations to instances and I rarely declined, I loved doing instances as long as I was the healer Wink

The thing I will always remember from playing my priest is the Razorfen Downs run. It's "the" Razorfen Downs run because it's the only one I did Very Happy Anyway, the last boss was a really close fight. The last few seconds were chaotic, I threw berserking and had to spam Flash Heal to keep the tank alive.. We wiped but got the boss down! Somehow that just felt so epic. However that's not the thing I mean by "always remembering it". The thing I will never forget is a friend I made there. Firerydeath, later known as Mox. When we were running out of the instance, he whispered me "I love you and your healing Very Happy" Very Happy We started chatting some random things about WoW and everything between earth and heaven and became very good friends. Varjostus got all the way to level 44 which is when Firerydeath's real life friends rerolled on Stormscale and Mox went with them.

I had lots and lots of fun playing my priest but I didn't really want to continue playing on Daggerspine because Mox was leaving, so I went with him (even though I had a RL friend on Daggerspine Laughing) Smile

My first character on Stormscale was an undead priest which I got to level 22 but got bored because I had done that already before, so I decided to reroll (altoholic Embarassed ). I decided to give the warrior a try, and created Turmio the orc warrior. No real highlights here, got him to level 42 or so and the inner altoholic made me reroll yet again.

I thought I'd give the druid class another try now that I knew a lot more about the game and this time the druid was a success. It's also worth mentioning that when I moved to Stormscale, I joined Mox's and his friends' guild <And the rest of the gang> which I really liked. It was a bit like Doomed Riders except bigger. All the members knew each other pretty well and the guild chat was a real spamfest.
When I reached level 37 or so on my druid, Mox quit WoW. I continued leveling my druid but the guild died with Mox and some troll destroyed the little bits of it completely. He changed everyone's notes to "GAYYYY" and kicked everyone except me, who Mox made the leader when he left. I quit my druid.

I'm not sure if I had a break from WoW at this point but it's quite likely I did. I came back when my friend started WoW on his own account, until now he had been leveling a druid on my account to test the game. He hated horde and the looks, claiming them to be "ugly as fuck" and he rolled a night elf druid on Sunstrider. It wasn't really hard for me to decide where to go at this point... To Sunstrider it was. I made a gnome mage and a gnome warrior who were both left at level 14-18 simply because Westfall was too damn boring AND I started to hate playing such a small character. Laughing

Next: Tuhnu, the night elf rogue. There's not much I remember from leveling him except that I took A LOT of screenshots Very Happy Oh and I joined a very good guild, can't remember the name exactly.. Decubitus Vulgaris, was it? The guild made me define the word "friendly" once again but unfortunately it died. By now I hated the low levels and could not be arsed to reroll again so I just kept on playing Tuhnu and had a break from WoW a couple of times (three I think) until I finally hit the level cap.

Long and probably boring story but that's my "WoW history" and next I rolled Kadath on Shattered Hand when I joined you and here I am now. Smile More stories!

EDIT: Oh wow, I just realized I went a "bit" off topic lol! "WHAT MADE YOU roll the class you're playing" lol! lol! Oh well, I'll fill that in later, enough writing for now. Very Happy
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:38 am

Seems that both of our WoW lifes are very similar Surprised

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:44 am

My story is short and simple Wink I started paying wow a year ago. My first toon was a human paladin (after playing wow3 i thought that's the way to go - Arthas, Uther, etc). I was clueless back then and cba to look for some guidelines to make my life easier. So I got my pally to lvl14, selling all the stuff to vendor on my way through levels, geared in white trash... Finally I came to westfall Smile Got my ass screwed by harvester watchers (or whatever their name was) number of times, ended up in all red armor with no moneys for repairs... I knew I was doing something wrong but haven't got enough time to check it out back then. I left wow for about month or two. Then Nahi was pushing me to either cancel my subscription or get back to playing this game... so I said - 'ok, I'll give it one more try'. This time I found forums, wowwiki, wowhead and done proper reading before I decided to move on. When I logged back to game and looked at my pally I laughed hard... he was so screwed... geared up with broken white trash, some cloth greenies etc... After I've done my reading on wow forums and other pages I realized how clueless I really was. Well, learning curve I guess. I decided to re-roll and created a hunter. Kinda liked the idea of ranged class with pet to help you out. This time I was flying through levels and it was all great fun Very Happy Nahi tried it out too and 2 weeks later we had to buy second battle chest Razz She rolled a hunter as well, catched up with me and we started to play together. This was awesome fun. As 2 BM hunters with pets we were unstopable! Taking on packs of mobs few lvls higher than we were back then Very Happy Great, great fun Very Happy We started our first guild (Ravenholdt realm, ally side) and met few people who became our friends over the time (Kitchi is one of them). In the mean time I decided to give pally one more try and re-rolled draenei pally. This time leveling was much more fun. Got him to lvl32 and... evil idea came to mind to re-roll on horde! I was sick of loosing 80% of BGs in Misery Battlegroup. And I was pvping a lot in BGs (got 99 of WSG and AB marks). We discussed it over with Kitchi and my IRL friend who was playing with us back then (some might remeber Ortassus - our Officer when we started who had to leave WoW due to IRL issues and moved to another country) and decided to give it a try.

My first toon on Shattered Hand was Tauren Warrior with name Otaktay (which in native american means 'kills many'). Actually we all rolled Taurens to start together in the same area. We came in here with an idea of creating casual guild and this was beginning of Doomed Riders. Only Ortassus rolled orc back then but he was ahead with leveling so he came to us to help us a bit and threw in few starter g Smile I got my Tauren to lvl10 and decided that I really like Orcs (look/dance/laugh and all) much more... This is how Buculus ('young bull' in latin) came to life... While leveling him i also decided to get myself a healing class - Harkan. His name supposed to be Hakan ('inner fire' in native american) but it was taken so I added one letter in the middle of the name Razz And here I wam Smile Now leveling Heavyhoof(no need to explain this name i guess Razz) (DK) which I enjoy a lot Very Happy

In the mean time I had few other alts. I tried to lvl up orc lock on Sporeggar but it didn't work out for me. Got human rogue to lvl 10 on Ravenholdt (where I have my hunter and pally) and was dead bored with it after one day... My human mage lasted till lvl3 (half an hour Razz) when I fed up with spamming one button and left him as bank alt in Stormwind... oh, dwarf warrior, undead lock and few other alts not worth to mention.

At this stage I only have my ally hunter and pally sitting on Ravenholdt and Buculus, Harkan (which is now bank alt) and Heavyhoof on Chromaggus.

Buculus is my first lvl70 in WoW.

Getting back on topic Wink

Why warrior? First of all I knew it's always hard to find tank for instances (and healer) and I knew it's a class which will help our Guild to progress in pve... Leveling was a bit painfull and slow. Very gear dependant class... I was hoping for a lot of pvp on him at 70 and I had a blast with arms spec untill pre-wotlk patch... Then it was all ruined. My warrior couldn't last more than few seconds against boomkins, arcane mages and retri pallys. My spell reflection was useless with 10s cd as by the time it was up again i was dead meat and macro to equip shield and pop up spell reflection and re-equip 2h was stealing like 2-3s during the fight which were priceless... This is how my pvp dream was ruined. I respecced prot and suprisingly I was more effective in pve with a lot of stunns and cc and great damage mitigation. I couldn't kill a fly with my damage output but in a group I could last long enough to keep allys on me when rest of lads were burning them down. I could solo kick arms/fury warriors and rogues which was kinda fun Smile I bet they were surprised seeng warrior with sword and board kicking their ass - disarm, shockwave, concusion blow, improved revenge, shield slam critting for 2.5-3k, all was there. It was taking damn long to take them down but at the same time all the stunns and blocks/dodges allowed me to stay up long enough to do it.

My priest... i tried to lvl up a shadow priest for pvp and maybe respecc holy for pve at some stage but it just takes too long... or i can't play this class. Story end of Smile

My DK... This is FUN, FUN, FUN!!! I hope Blizz won't nerf this class. I love it so far. Unholy spec with ghoul pet is great too. World pvp is fun again (i lost my hope with Buc) and yesterday... Yesterday I went to AV Very Happy Lvl65 in 61-70 bracket... This was a blast Very Happy After 30min I ended up with bunch of KBs and over 120HKs Very Happy This class is really op but so fun to play Very Happy

Feck - i went off topic again Razz

Anyhow - why warrior? I knew guild will need a tank. Why priest? Was hoping for eng game pvp as shadow/disc but I just cba to lvl him up >< Why DK? It was something new I haven't tried before and I have a blast with him Very Happy Might be my main if things will last as they are atm Very Happy

Ok - my post is all over the place again Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderspy Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:08 am

enough! enough! your killing me with your great wall of text ! dealing me 100000damadge "spiderspy suffucates) argh

well the reason i am playing a shaman is because it was one of the classes that i have played and it is somewhat similiar to druids but diffrent Razz so wanted to try it out to 70^^
Spiderspy
Spiderspy

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:47 am

Spiderspy wrote:
well the reason i am playing a shaman is because it was one of the classes that i have played and it is somewhat similiar to druids but diffrent Razz so wanted to try it out to 70^^

Aww, that miniparagraph looks so cute after those stories I love you

Buc, as a warrior you have no reason to say your pvp dreams are ruined. Once you hit level 80 (I know, I know, it's a long way to go..) but once you get there and get a good weapon, you basically transform from spongebob to BUCASAURUS RAAAWRRRRRZZZZZZZ Laughing Seriously, decently geared warriors (especially ifbacked up with a healer) are an intimidating sight. It's always been like that with warriors. In vanilla WoW warriors were cute at level 1-59 but when they hit 60 they became unstoppable killing machines. Well not unstoppable but you get the idea.

I say we practice our 1v1 skills when I get my Greddy to level 70! Twisted Evil
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:56 am

I played some stuff, then I stopped, then I started again and played a mage with you saucy devils!

I picked mage cause it looked like the kind of PvP toon that suited the way I think when I play.

And here I am! rah!

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:12 am

Im sticking with spyder short and to the point (no harm intended) ...Smile

Range DPS for the winn....Smile

And maybee ther is somting to say that i like to deal out pain... Twisted Evil but i dont want to be close so that i can get hurt Cool

Me coverd nooooo "The one who throw done his sword and runs away can live to throw down his sword another day"... king
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:43 am

"The one who throw done his sword and runs away can live to throw down his sword another day"...

Better yet: annihilate your enemies and live to do it again!! Twisted Evil
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:49 am

Gredeth wrote:
"The one who throw done his sword and runs away can live to throw down his sword another day"...

Better yet: annihilate your enemies and live to do it again!! Twisted Evil

/charge

lol!
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cywiel Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:12 pm

well;
1. paladins rocks Very Happy
2. Prot paladins rocks more then other paladins Very Happy
3. prot paladins still rocks .. ehm ^^

why i rolled a pala, well, u ned understand my "wow history"

in normal wow where mc rading guild was the greatest you cound join and shamans rocked every in bgs, and paladins was healbots, o started to play, a hunter.
i was a nub back then (and i maybe still is? Razz) and had rlly big problems to lvl, i delete my hunter and make a new hunter on same realm like 4-5 times (as i said nub Razz) and then i met a druid, sab (or sad, dont rember :<) we lvl to 32-33, where i wanted then to try horde, (wa splaying on a normal realm so cound make it on same realm) and told the druid horde was awsome Very Happy he tried it out and i never more saw him again Sad

i stop lvl my hunter in the sadnes of losing my friend and lvl alot of alts! untill i created a ally humman female paladin named "Holysheep" on mazirgon, got him to 60 *yay* and the few months left of normal wow i did some zg/mc (but i was a nub so in my +str / int gear in a retri/holy hybrid mix i just spamed heals on random ppl XD

then tbc come, i lvl my pala to 70, stop play him for i wanted to do pvp! Very Happy rawr pvp ^^
and made a shaman "elementalsheep" woho sheeps Very Happy got him to 70 and well, dont remeber why but i stop playing wow for a time then XD

when i come back i spec my paladin prot and tried to tank instans in retri/holy gear (didnt go so good ^^)

i saw on wow forum aboth a rerolling guild, i then rolled a priest, stop lvl it at 30-something curz the guild had so many priest and only 1-2 should beable to be shadow ^^
i made a shamy (again!) this time elmental named nelok. got him to 63 where the guild said "nelok, u beter start get resto gear, we rlly want chains heals, and ur our only shaman" wtf, i dont want to heal sam time a friend send me this mess on msn "hey, im starting wow again, want play with me?" so i rolled on another realm again! ;O

a priest (again! lol) got him to 30 but stop playing curz, well i dunno and i remeber how awsome its to tank with paladins and saw a full t4 (lol t4 Razz) prot pala, so i rerolled a blood elf paladin named Cywiel, on chamrggus 8same realm as nelok was on) met a fiend there that still played and have been playing there since then,

got up to bt/mh runs with the pala Very Happy

and now im L80 with my pala and pug hc all the day long Razz

Edit: /poke altso, woho im best gear tank in guild for the moment, means im main tank righto?=P
cywiel
cywiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:17 pm

/poke altso, woho im best gear tank in guild for the moment, means im main tank righto?=P

Sure, come tank mobs for me in Shadowmoon Valley AoE farming style while I wait for more copies of WotLK to appear in the shops lol!

Seriously though you have to wait a bit for people to ding 80 and then we'll see about the roles in groups. Smile Oohhh man I want to healbot in guild runs already. Just as I was getting closer to 70, WotLK was released and BLAM 10 more levels to go.. No
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  cywiel Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:29 pm

i know, but its like, i have always been the OT always ^^ Razz
(iots okey to be a Ot but my oldMt was evil to O T :< dont want that to happen again lol^^)
cywiel
cywiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:48 pm

Well, feel free to cut my nuts off if I'm wrong but you won't be treated like that here. Wink
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:59 am

I think that Blizz nerfed WotLK content so much that we will be able to 'rotate' roles in raids between MTs and OTs Smile Merged Nihilum and SK Gaming cleared all PvE content in WotLK n 15th of November... 2 days after release and all bosses were down (incl. HC). They left a lot of comments about Blizzard leaning towards casual players... In BC you had to have proper gear to raid end game. These lads cleared all WotLK content with lvl70 SWP gear... Ok - all were like full t5/t6 with some legendary bits but still - clearing BC content with lvl60 MC gear was a big no-no... Now you can clear all WotLK with a bit of skills and full BC gear... Something's wrong here. There's no more 40man raids, difficuty of them dropped down big time and it's not that challenging any more Sad It's good for casual guilds as now everyone will be able to farm end game HCs but what next? With a bit of dedication all guilds will clear WotLK content over next 2-3 months...

Ok - I went off topic again Razz Anyhow - with current difficulty level we will have only MTs in guild and we will just rotate in raids Smile Keep in mind that there are no 40man raids in WotLK so we won't have like 8 tanks in raid Smile Most of stuff will be 10man so more likely 2 tanks that will be able to switch between them.

I'm very sad that there's no challenge in WotLK Sad It's a pity I haven't had a chance to clear BC content before Blizz nerfed it. There was something epic about it and it's dead now...

Oh well, I was always more pvp biased anyway Razz I'm not great pvper but this will be my challenge for WotLK - arena Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cywiel Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:41 am

yea i know, but my old guild was always like "we cant let you tank any boss curz u a pala"
so without rlly thinking aboth it my brain goes "omg i need be MT / something like that" Laughing
cywiel
cywiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:45 am

It's good for casual guilds as now everyone will be able to farm end game HCs but what next?

While I was reading this bit, I thought "Exactly but what's the point if you won't even get a little bit of 'Hey, we fucking did it, are we good or what!?' -feeling"?
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:52 am

Buculus wrote:My story is short and simple Wink

Ok - my post is all over the place again Razz

Main point is he kept it short!
Well now I am at work I can give my thoughts here as well.
I started on wow couse I was bored to death. Were some holidays then and I downloaded trial to see whats all the fuss about and made an ofc Orc warrior. Well got hooked bought a battle chest and reported to my friends that I bought the game (they played wow nearly from beggining of the game).

So back then they just started new horde chars on spinebreaker (hunter and druid) and they told me to roll warrior becouse they/we aim for arenas when time comes to ding 70. So I was level 1 while they were 15, so most of the time they boosted me run me through levels as fast as possible and when I was soloing I was strugling to get the grasp of the game while strugling to keep up with them. So it got on my nerves a bit then we moved to outlands we should to this we should do that we should go instances you should tank, you tank poorly do this like this do this like that and all the while we did that I was not given time to get my head around. One of those guys was realy good I mean world class good in those quake turnaments or something so keeping up with them was a bit tiresome for me.

So I found you guys and roled a hunter. Since I like having pets around and personaly I realy know my way around animals It came naturaly i think. And I started to enjoy the game first time in this guild, I could go slowly learn the game and have fun. Hectic race was over after a month or so. Well then Buc planted evil seed of transfer in my mind, I actualy toyed with the idea myself but his suggestion made me move in the end. And here and now I am.

Basicly I was told to play warrior (although I wanted it) and picked up playing hunter. Well In the end I love both classes.

Warriors - challenging to play and tank, well not so much now since new protection came around. And when you finaly master him its great. In the end its straight forward class, and my advanture with blizz started with warrior on first diablo. I liked thet sentance that was in booklet (then I was a kid and it sounded like the words to live by)
I think it went something like ''when all magic fails you must rely on two feet of steel between you and death'' or something like that, it was the biggest throught I have ever seen. As for PvP I am keeping by that Gredeths words wait till you 80 and gear up!

Hunters - as I said before the animal thingy, and I wanted some easy class to learn the game by myself, visited forums and so Nyc was born.

Guess I would be happiest if warriors could have combat pets:)

Thought about playing shamans at some point or even druid. Dwarf pallys seem appealing for no obvious reason.
Tried a death knight and dont like it, to dark and sadistic story killing those people that were cowering before me didnt appeal to me. Besides The whole idea stinks to high heaven,
Now all powerfull, all knowing Lich king made a new class of uber soldiers to be his champions against the light and then they elude his grasp and move on to their former affiliations. Like hell that would ever happen Very Happy So not liking the whole death knight story.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:08 am

Reviving an old topic…but anyway here goes:

An IRL friend has been playing WoW practically since day one when it was released. After a few months he introduced me to it and I immediately got hooked big time. I started an undead warlock on his account. I got my own 10-day free trial and started an undead warlock on my own computer. When the trial account expired I decided I wanted to start over, so I bought a full game and started a new undead warlock. Smile

Found it really hard at first. I did not have the slightest idea how to play, and PvP servers had just been introduced…so high level guys were still finding it fun to run around Hillsbrad foothills ganking lower level players.
I was a real mess of a player until I got kicked out of a group for rolling "need" on a tanking ring…basically since I had not idea what strength, stamina, or defense rating mean. Then I started reading up about it…
Fooled around some at lvl 60, and lived through all the nerfs made to the felguard since the day it was released.

Got tired of the lock and started an undead priest (till ~lvl35). Found it REALLY fun to play in groups (holy spec), but very boring to solo. If I'll ever reroll it'll most probably be a priest.
I also started an orc hunter and a troll shaman…but both never got past the Barrens.

Then my IRL friends finally decided it was about time to start a guild together, so I rerolled tauren warrior on Thunderhorn, and we got a guild together. I used to plan the time I would be coming online with on friend who had a troll priest, and we would only play if both of us were online. Together we felt unstoppable…it was really fun.
I got to lvl 70 this way and got heavily into pvp … playing with a prot spec. I did not like tanking instances since it was too much of a headache…and whenever I messed up the whole group died generally…not just myself.
Somewhere along the line I also started a blood elf paladin and a mage. Didn't get very far again though.

I stopped playing for a while and lent my account to another friend…who took the warrior tanking into Karazhan.

Then I restarted and restopped a number of times, until I took a real large break last year.
Now my friends’ guild has been disbanded (plus I’m living in a different country so I’m not seeing them anymore). I’ve always liked the warlock more…so here I am at lvl 80 with him. I’m finding it great fun. The class has been nerfed somewhat, but I still find it awesome to play. I’ve specced into demonology since day 1, though I did try destruction for a while…but without a felguard I feel ‘naked’. Right now I’m a hybrid 41(demo)/30(destr).

Note: I’ve never played alliance past level 10. Couldn’t stand it.
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:44 am

Reviving an old topic…

So what? Very Happy Interesting story.
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:38 am

Gredeth wrote:
Reviving an old topic…

So what? Very Happy Interesting story.

+1 Smile Nice one Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:51 am

What made you choose the class you're playing?
More know as 'What made you play wow and every class you have ever played along with real life issues along the way' xD

Which is good as long topics like this give me something to read and reply to Very Happy

Okay so,
I was playing Star wars Galaxies before with a friend (this friend is your sterotype gamer, only child, all consoles you can think of, does nothing but drink coke and play games etc xD)
anyways he found out about WoW some how and started playing, I went round his and it looked pretty sweet, so I went and got it asap, was actually was not long after it was released I think because I had to get a preordered copy off ebay or something, which was good because I used my mates disc to install it and got the guy off ebay to email me the code Very Happy
Wanted to play asap so i could catch up with people etc xD

My first toon was a Night elf hunter called Badhabit Very Happy
I just liked the idea of having a pet to help me etc, though it would be a good starter.
I cant really remember anything really nooby I did, like wearing white gear etc, but I was a right noob back then, still was even when I had my 2nd levle 60 xD
I only got my hunter to 39.

Then I think my mage was next, called Placebo, got him to 60, nothing too interesting, was still a noob then xD
was in a guild with few friends I made on the server, we were like the BIGGEST guild on that server, with hundreds of members xD
was just a guild to have fun in etc, so there were all levels etc.

Next I think was my first rogue(night elf) which I got to 60, raided MC, BWL, ZG on him and even then I was still abit of a noob lol.
had good fun with that and got rank 11 in PvP.

These next ones I cant remember the order I made them lol Neutral

But I made a lock called Rawrr, which I got to 60 and did abit of MC with, but got dead bored so made a warrior, which i got to 60 and did alot of pvp with, needed one more week to get rank 10 with him but at that time I started seeing a new girl so stopped playing for abit xD

Then I made another rogue, undead this time ;] called Buhu, got him to 70 raided all TBC places cept sunwell, when I got bored of this I leveled my warlock to 70 and did pvp, got full Season one, then got bored again xD
So went back to my warrior got him to 70 and raided abit as fury and then abit as prot, only kara/heroics though.

Then this is where Doom Riders comes into play xD I had a break from wow and was getting back into it and was looking for some people to level with Very Happy
Started my priest as id always fancied a pvp healer, got him to 70 Rawrrz, and then as some of you know, as soon as I hit 70 got dead bored (never even speced healer) and started to level my paladin, Bubbleegum Very Happy got her to 70, got all the rep pvp gear and a nice epic axe.

Then when WotLK came out I decide I wanted to focus on my rogue so went back to my Undead rogue Buhu, who is now level 80 and raided abit of naxx on him, until I decided I want my rogue to be my pvp toon and would love to raid in my guild on my warrior as fury....sooo am now playing my warrior, whos level 80 now and gearing him up in this guild who have allowed me to make my warrior my main in the guild after seeing my dps in last nights raid ;]
But like I said in another one of my post sadly the guild have decided to stop doing 25/heroic raids and were only going to be doing 10man, which is okay I guess, but yeahhh.. xD

Always liked rogues because of steath and the amount of ways they can get into places without been noticed and get out just as easy and even when caught have so many ways to get away<3
Picking my fights as I please etc.

and reason I play my warrior is that I love the raw dps from fury, not too fond on warrior pvp no more, but havent done it in years.
but I just love doing pve dps on my warrior, cant wait to gear him up more Very Happy
When I got 80 with my rogue I wasnt that botherd about gearing him up, but with my warrior I am doing dailys and instances every day and when I can to get rep to gear me up, even though its going to take me like a week more to get exaulted, at 11k/21k atm, just for one bit of gear lol ^^

jeeeez epic post?
and I dont even play on my toons in this guild anymore haha xD
actually spent all day doing this little bit by bit Very Happy

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:10 am

Roarrz, come back, nao! I did! Now it's your turn! Laughing

Long and pleasant read, love that kind of textwalls that crit for a few thousand Wink
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:36 am

At least my wall wasnt just one block of it Very Happy

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next