Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IT's closing in

+2
Temple
Teshija
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IT's closing in Empty IT's closing in

Post  Teshija Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:59 am

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/dualspec.html

So although I personaly dont like the idea (fear of large numbers of maniac tanks and healers) I think this will be great asset for our small guild. Just imagine: all pallyes and druids can be tanks and healers at the same time Very Happy
So at least for raid our basis of 2 healers and 2 tanks will be covered:) DPSes we might eventualy miss will be easy to find Very Happy

But on the other hand it will be usefull for PvP and PvE. Protection held me off PvP so far but when this hits arenas here I come Very Happy Also fear of ganking while doing dailyes will be reduced to 0 Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

IT's closing in Empty Re: IT's closing in

Post  Temple Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:11 am

Teshija wrote:http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/dualspec.html

So although I personaly dont like the idea (fear of large numbers of maniac tanks and healers) I think this will be great asset for our small guild. Just imagine: all pallyes and druids can be tanks and healers at the same time Very Happy
So at least for raid our basis of 2 healers and 2 tanks will be covered:) DPSes we might eventualy miss will be easy to find Very Happy

But on the other hand it will be usefull for PvP and PvE. Protection held me off PvP so far but when this hits arenas here I come Very Happy Also fear of ganking while doing dailyes will be reduced to 0 Very Happy

Oh man - I can't wait til this comes in, the possibility of switching easily between Holy and Prot or Ret (depending on which I'd like my off-spec to be) will be awesome!

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:17 am

Yea and i wont be feeling like an invalid anymore. I only feel usefull in HCs and raids Very Happy
TITAN GRIP here I come Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:41 am

This isn't realy that good for raiding guilds, more for people leveling / gearing.

Afterall, you'll still need to get the req gear to do the job and with being a main spec healer, it's gona be tough fighting for those tank pieces over the other tanks. Even harder if you wanted a healer off spec - Fighting for healer gear over the main spec healers.

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:54 am

It might not be that great for 2 PvE specs (like for example paladins or druids who can be tanks/healers/dpss) as everyone will be fighting over same pieces of armor for different specs but I see this more viable to allow us to switch between PvE and PvP specs Smile More BGs and Arena stuff without need to respecc everytime you want to go there Smile This is how I see it Smile Gearing up for 2 PvE speccs should be secondary target unless someone hates pvp Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:27 am

Akaris wrote:This isn't realy that good for raiding guilds, more for people leveling / gearing.

Afterall, you'll still need to get the req gear to do the job and with being a main spec healer, it's gona be tough fighting for those tank pieces over the other tanks. Even harder if you wanted a healer off spec - Fighting for healer gear over the main spec healers.

alien

Two comments on this:

1) It won't be for levelling cause at inception it'll only be for level 80 (according to the guy they are interviewing)

2) I don't think it'll be hard to gear up for this, I already have a basic set of tanking gear (and DPS) that will serve me to farm better tanking gear through the normals, which will gear me up for HC's - which in turn will gear me up for raiding Very Happy - you just have to go back to the 'I've just hit 80 - klet's start gearing up' mentality.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:33 am

Exactly, i'm sure a fair whack of people aren't gona want to farm more HCs for second spec gear...again xD

Does seem more pvp orientated.
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:34 am

Buculus wrote:It might not be that great for 2 PvE specs (like for example paladins or druids who can be tanks/healers/dpss) as everyone will be fighting over same pieces of armor for different specs but I see this more viable to allow us to switch between PvE and PvP specs Smile More BGs and Arena stuff without need to respecc everytime you want to go there Smile This is how I see it Smile Gearing up for 2 PvE speccs should be secondary target unless someone hates pvp Smile

I disagree here too Smile

I'm intending Temple to be PvE only - Holy when needed for healing and Prot when needed for tanking (probably, seeing as everyone wants to do DPS - someone has to tank/heal Wink ).

Having a Holy Spec for Raiding and another Holy Spec for PvP seems like a horrendous waste of the opportunity to dual spec to me.

<snip>
everyone will be fighting over same pieces of armor for different specs
<snip>

Nah - simple rule before you start the instance - you only get to roll on items for the spec you are in, end of. As with my answer to Aka, everyone should be able to get together a basic set of spec. gear to be viable in normals for better spec. gear runs. I healed sufficiently in the gear you made me when I switched to Holy at 74/75, and the other bits were scrub sub 70 pieces, granted it wasn't ideal - but it was enough.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:36 am

Akaris wrote:Exactly, i'm sure a fair whack of people aren't gona want to farm more HCs for second spec gear...again xD

Does seem more pvp orientated.

hehehe maybe I'm just too anal then - cause I'm up for refarming HCs Very Happy, I'm quite excited at the idea actually (eek how sad does that make me?)

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:44 am

Well I think its ok! My main concern is the flood of new tank/healers wanna bees it will couse. As for drops I think primary roll well go to main spec (or the one on which you play in given instance/raid) and no one will oppose if you roll need for secondary spec if all primary passed! Dont see at as a big difference in rollling/looting change as was previous.
Ahh I saw only now I agree with temple on this. So few runs on heroics again will be fun. It aint so different kinda boredom from farming/dailyes etc however its much more fun in group!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:47 am

Tbh i'm rather looking forward to maybe getting some tanking pieces for Aka.

But hey, you can always count on me to to critical and try poke holes in ideas Razz Rolling Eyes

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:54 am

Well I see what you are upset about. There will be a flood of ninja/winers in random pugs, but in our guild runs which always went under way without any trouble at all really dont see anything bad happening there.
This actualy gave me a small boost in my optimism towards game, and new reason to farm heroics!
I am sick of them as well, but I would be sick of leveling new char as well, so I see this as opportunity to expand on my main a quit bit! There are gear to be made, and achievments to get. Will be fun.
But as for gearing up remember the times we run UP for sword and shoulders, or Start for shield. All that gear dropped we could use for 2 more specs let alone 1. And all of us not just 1 or two. On last runs we only greeded on items.
I am realy thinking this will be bonus to small guilds like our is. And to the PvP - PvE people. I was staying clear from battlegrounds and started to farm money so we can make an Arena team for which I would need to respec everytime. With this it will be hell of a lot easier, so little extra farming gear time is not a big deal, at least in my eyes Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:04 am

Teshija wrote: little extra farming gear time is not a big deal, at least in my eyes Very Happy

plus it'll make things a bit more interesting for you guys whilst I'm still farming for my main spec stuff Very Happy

Changing the subject completely - my next alt is gonna be a druid, dunno why I decided to put that here other than I just decided Smile

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:08 am

Temple wrote:
Teshija wrote: little extra farming gear time is not a big deal, at least in my eyes Very Happy

plus it'll make things a bit more interesting for you guys whilst I'm still farming for my main spec stuff Very Happy

Changing the subject completely - my next alt is gonna be a druid, dunno why I decided to put that here other than I just decided Smile

Thats a very good point. Also they may add new emblem rewards, so farming more HCs now mite not be such a bad idea.

Side note: POWA OF DA DRODD COMPLELLS U! Twisted Evil
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:19 am

Akaris wrote:
Temple wrote:

Thats a very good point. Also they may add new emblem rewards, so farming more HCs now mite not be such a bad idea.

Side note: POWA OF DA DRODD COMPLELLS U! Twisted Evil

Forgot to add, the gear I have now theoretically gives me enough chutzpah to heal HCs with confidence - it's just my L2P skills that need honing. Were a couple of deaths in some runs I went on lasy night (and these were normals Sad ) so I've still improvement to make - I need to frig my keys a bit as well as I'm still clicking some failry essential healing spells - and some I've yet to even start using.....

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:24 am

Well look into healing forums on wow forums under claas roles or something like that. Tanking forum is realy good one and some nice advice there and good people too. DPSing forum is awfull or so I heard, but healers could have some more brains there Exclamation
Think you may ask some pally healers there on tips and advice!
Also when I am on I offer myself as guinea pig as always:D
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:27 am

Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Practise - Is all i can say Twisted Evil

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:29 am

True!!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:43 am

Aye the practise thing is the key i think - and acceptance that I'm going to not get it right all the time.

Dunno if I mentioned this before but this is the first time ever I've played a healing class in an MMO, so it's *very* different to what I'm used to. Mages/warlocks (the two classes I have most experience of) have it *easy* compared to healers - standing way back there pinging away Smile, that is not to say however that they are easy classes to play.

I have 100% confidence in saying if it weren't for the Healbot add-on I'd be frigging hopeless as a healer, that's quite scary when you think about it hehehe.

I trawl the Pally forums all the time, which is kindof helpful - but ofc as a hybrid class - two third's of all posts is irrelevant - and 50% of what's left are whines ofc.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:54 am

Temple wrote:
I trawl the Pally forums all the time, which is kindof helpful - but ofc as a hybrid class - two third's of all posts is irrelevant - and 50% of what's left are whines ofc.

Yea warriors are like that too!
Just go way down to class roles and there is healing thread there. Bound to be some pally healers there.
As for healing I imagine its not picnic, and tanking is like that too.
Remember when i first started god, people practicly spat on me for not knowing things, and the amount of stance dancing it required back then with crappy AoE threat man,... Its easy now! But dont worry youll get the hang of it soon enough!
Basicly you should watch out for tank and tank for you. If DPS pulls agro let them die (hehe realy dont remember the number of times poor Zu bit the dust). Basicly if tank die -all die, if healer dies all die, if DPS dies fight lasts a bit longer... (in usual encounters and not those few dps races out there)! What I meant to say that maybe for the first runs you should just focus healing on tank and work your rotations on him, when you get this down nice and easy broaden your healing reach on party. But for this type of endevour youll have to have slow guild run and some patience Very Happy On some bosses you cant do this but on thrash mobs and some bosses you can if the party is made aware of the proccess Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:19 am

Only realy useful advise i can give is, download useful addons to help you heal - No addons will make an insane improvement on your healing, they'll only help simplify situations.

Healbot - Xperl - Grid - Decursive are all addons that modify the UI, making things much simpler to deal with.

In the end it comes down to your abilities. What does this mean?

Figuring out the correct time to slow down / stop healing to conserve mana.

Preparing for boss phases / mass pulls - Who and how much to heal on what player with everyone fighting, without taking aggro.

If you should cleanse that magic debuff, using a GCD or to heal that person through it.

Can you debuff the DPS leaving the tank not healed in a tricky situation.

Is it realy worth trying to save that DPS when its very likely he'll die soon ( MOVE FROM AOE! Razz )

Which DPS is worth saving if multiple players are dying.

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:28 am

.... Shocked this was a fast groving thread....Smile

Me im a bit boring only dps but it will be fun to get some PVP spec stopping all this ganking ... hopfully... Rolling Eyes
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:38 am

Akaris wrote:
Is it realy worth trying to save that DPS when its very likely he'll die soon ( MOVE FROM AOE! Razz )

alien
Yea the pain when you suy run from Whirlwind especialy those that come with cleave and ofc no one runs and you have three dead dpsers in one blow Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:52 am

Akaris wrote:Only realy useful advise i can give is, download useful addons to help you heal - No addons will make an insane improvement on your healing, they'll only help simplify situations.

Healbot - Xperl - Grid - Decursive are all addons that modify the UI, making things much simpler to deal with.

In the end it comes down to your abilities. What does this mean?

Figuring out the correct time to slow down / stop healing to conserve mana.

Preparing for boss phases / mass pulls - Who and how much to heal on what player with everyone fighting, without taking aggro.

If you should cleanse that magic debuff, using a GCD or to heal that person through it.

Can you debuff the DPS leaving the tank not healed in a tricky situation.

alien

True indeed Smile wise words that I'm taking in Smile

The other thing I forgot to say before was that always previously I was a chatty bugger in dungeon runs - and I often wondered why some people just don't talk much - now I'm a healer i know why. I don't chat in runs any more cause I don't have the damn time! hehehe I'm too busy trying to keep everyone upright or frantically trying to get a drink down my neck before the overzealous tank legs it off for another pull Wink

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:43 am

Teshija wrote:
Akaris wrote:

alien
Yea the pain when you suy run from Whirlwind especialy those that come with cleave and ofc no one runs and you have three dead dpsers in one blow Very Happy

Embarassed When I was enhancement a few levels back, I admit I did just that.. Very Happy Even died in Drak'Tharon Keep because I didn't notice the black rift right under my feet.. Laughing Well, I learnt from my mistakes and I hope you don't get fed up with my future mistakes when I join the raids. Laughing
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum