Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malygos Vid

+5
Leannah
Teshija
Buculus
Zarck
Temple
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Malygos Vid Empty Malygos Vid

Post  Temple Mon May 04, 2009 4:30 pm

Temple

Back to top Go down

Malygos Vid Empty Re: Malygos Vid

Post  Zarck Tue May 05, 2009 1:37 am

Gj posting it, pay attention especially to phase 3, phase 1 we do perfectly, phase 2 could use a lil more dps maybe but the problem atm is phase 3 that we need to get better on Smile

Zarck

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 am

Cool - will have a look at it when I'm back home Smile And I agree with Zarck - we are ok with first 2 phases but we need some practise on 3rd one. It all gets messy when we fall down and jump on drakes and we usually loose few s untill we group up and even then we sometimes fly in different directions on this AoE. We have to focus more, stay together and nuke hard Wink
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Tue May 05, 2009 3:53 am

There's an HD version also of the same vid which is much clearer - I only watched it once so far but I'll take a closer study when I get home from work.

Agreed with what you two said - phases one and two are fairly rudimentary - I was getting the hang of phase 3 but the combination of wonky bars, odd keys (mine didn't convert to 3 and 4 for healing) and no display of combo points - I kept dying every time I needed a fire shield.

Incidentally - what is the daily that uses the same system as this? I'll have a look a bit later.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue May 05, 2009 4:03 am

Starts of here:
http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=13412

Yes agreed phase 1 and 2 are good on us and pretty much we have the same time left for fase 3.

However, I noticed that they have only 1 healer and 9 DPS. They also seem to move around Maly much faster then we did, so we need to practice that one too. And for my screwups I know I didnt use the shield when needed (that should be the time when he focusses me if I got it right).

Think we are 2 or 3 fights away.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue May 05, 2009 4:50 am

Yeah we are defelently getting there we only need to focus and move thogheter. Maybee some one should always call out the move and i alsaw thing we should mark one of the healers as the one to follow like Zarck sugested....Smile

So as Tesh sad we are 2 or 3 tries away....Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarck Tue May 05, 2009 4:58 am

Usually you are fine with 1 healer or maybe 2 but since we still need to get the hang of this it was better to have 3 healers so we could get as much practice as possible before a wipe. Next time I think we should use 2 healers in phase 3.

Zarck

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Tue May 05, 2009 5:12 am

I'd also like to remind people gently that in situations where following commands is essential (i.e. phase 3) that everyone should take the opportunity to keep quiet and let those that are designated to shout advice do so.

This isn't in any way a complaint - but a lot of the chatter yesterday made me confused rather than clear on what was required - and to be honest - I actually shut my ears off and followed what I'd read on the wiki page after a while.

I realise of course that we're learning this one and that people have ideas that they think will work - but.... Silence really is golden if we want to get this done.

Can I suggest we have a designated speaker - prime candidate of course is Tesh, with Lea (or possibly Buc) as secondary. You guys need to keep a tight rein on the noise in vent. If you want advice from people (such as Zarck yesterday) then send out a clear question - let only Zarck talk - when Zarck is finished make sure you understand what the requirements are. Then check everyone else is clear - then the designated speaker does the talking from then on ONLY and everyone else shuts up until the end of the encounter apart from main speaker and designated talkers.

If we screw it up - we regroup and seek furhter advice from those with experience, then try again.

Thinking more about this as I type, having more than one person in vent shouting 'spark to the left' 'spark to the right' 'spark to the east' 'spark over there' all at the same time leads to confusion. One person (let's say Lea) calls out the sparks - and we either get them or we don't, - if we don't we regroup and try again until people get the idea.

I'm having more of an idea about this as we carry on - I think I'll post something in the officer's bit first..... but does the above make sense to you lot?[u]

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue May 05, 2009 5:22 am

Well must say it does!
But its alright in Nax when we have done it many times. People doing things for first time tend to react and talk about it. But yes there always should be one mover so to speak. At least when we are learning. Sunday Nax run was splendour due to 1 man leading and all running behind him. It will all be ok we are on learning curve for this one.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue May 05, 2009 5:57 am

Yeah Temp i agree on that whene we are doing new stuff that we need to learn. Whene we are doing old stuff like Naxx where we all knowe the tactic i think its ok whit some chatter on the channel...Smile.
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Tue May 05, 2009 6:03 am

Agreed on both counts - see my officer post.

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarck Tue May 05, 2009 6:18 am

Recognize this discussion from my old guild aswell. There we had an assigned raidleader to handle the talk, explain tactics etc. We got to a point thou that people thought raiding got more into a job than actually having fun so we went from having only raidleader speak on raids to let people talk freely until boss encounters(naxx) Once boss fight begun only raidleader spoke.

Then I can understand you want some orderly chatting with people like me, who suffers from extensive mouth diarrea, shutting up once awhile Smile

But since everyone knows the tactics now, I will supress my urge to warn about lightning clouds or other pixel encounters Smile and disable voice activation. I am sure both you and my wife will be all the happier for it Wink

Zarck

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Tue May 05, 2009 7:34 am

Np mate dont take it personaly i have the same affliction...Smile.
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Tue May 05, 2009 8:30 am

Eyup - a minor clarification to my post....

Chatting is fine and dandy Smile to be encouraged rather than dissuaded, unless we're at a tricky boss fight that needs attention being paid, when attention needs to be paid - one person makes the relevant calls and everyone else keeps quiet til we either win or wipe Smile

Now, why couldn't I type it in that short a space first time around? Very Happy

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue May 05, 2009 8:33 am

All who dont comply will drop down and give me 100..................

Danny Crane!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed May 06, 2009 3:15 am

Getting back on topic Wink Here's a very nice guide (theory) for Maly:
www.wowwiki.com/Malygos_(tactics)

I'd like to point out few things mentioned in there:

1. There's a bug that require us to re-target Malygos after we drop on drakes. We have to clear our target and target him again or our shield may not work.
2. We should have 2 healers top in phase 3 and tactic should be slightly different - we should not target ourselves and stack combo points through HoTs cast on our drakes but target Malygos and use ability 1 (Flame Spike) to deal damage to Malygos and stack 5 combo points and then use AoE heal. This heal has quite a big radius (60 yards) so it's enough if we stay together as group.
3. DPS - there is suggestion of not stacking 5 combo points but using 1-2-1-2-1-2 tactic which means that you stack Engful In Flames debuff after just 1 combo point. From what they say it should build up more stacks of debuff with shorter duration but higher dmg in the end especially when we do it for first time and sometimes we may fail on placing DoT on Maly after 5 combo points. I think we should try it and just put debuff as 1-2-1-2-1-2. In the same time healers damage Maly and use AoE heal for group.
4. If we have to use shield we stack 2 combo points and use this ability. What we have to pay attention to is our energy bar! Shield costs 25 energy so we all must make sure we never drop down below 25 energy during encounter or it might not build back up on time. We do not have to change target for it. We should all (both dpss and healers) keep Maly targeted and nuke him.
5. if he'll enrage we shoudl use 500% speed boost and fly away hoping that DoTs will finish him off as fight lasts untill last drake is killed.
6. On AoE cloud we should all move slightly in the same direction but not too far. We should be floating around him during the fight stacking debuff/AoE healing all the time
7. Do not release till the end of the fight because if you do it you won't get loot Wink

To recap - all focus Maly. Healers use 1-1-1-1-1 to stack 5 combo points damaging Maly at the same time and then use AoE heal. DPSs use 1-2-1-2-1-2 to stack debuff after getting 1 combo point to maximize number of stacks and overall damage. When he targets you just stack 2 combo points (1-1) and use shield (make sure you have 25 energy for it). All move in the same direction on AoE. On enrage flee and hope for the best Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Wed May 06, 2009 3:31 am

I think a 1-2-1-2... for dps would be too fast for two reasons:
1. You'll run out of energy immediately...and lose your stack of debuffs while waiting to regain it
2. You'll definitely lose the stack when you get targeted and need to put the shield up

On the other hand I do think 1-1-1-1-1-2 is too slow. I think somewhere in the middle would be best...depending on how comfortable one feels and practice.
But then again what I think is based on training with the daily, not with Maly himself.
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed May 06, 2009 4:11 am

We can try 1-1-1-2 or something Smile Best way to find out is to get in there and test it Razz Even with 1-2-1-2-1 you don't have to spam it. You can watch your debuff on him and refres every 2-3s or so to meake sure it doesn't wear off. I have no idea how long debuff lasts per 1 combo points so maybe you're right with loosing it during the shield phase. But I guess you can shield and continue nuking? You might be short on energy though... ehhh - let's get in there and try few different ways Smile All it requires from us is a bit of coordination (a big bit...) Wink
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed May 06, 2009 4:33 am

Temple wrote:Eyup - a minor clarification to my post....

Chatting is fine and dandy Smile to be encouraged rather than dissuaded, unless we're at a tricky boss fight that needs attention being paid, when attention needs to be paid - one person makes the relevant calls and everyone else keeps quiet til we either win or wipe Smile

Now, why couldn't I type it in that short a space first time around? Very Happy

If you dont need 200 words to say it its not wourth sayning.......... The Doomed raiders way....

Sry back on topic....Smile. agree whit Twila we need to do the daily to practis the drakes a bit, ones we get that down i think we will have a easier time coardanet our movment....)

Last edited by Leannah on Wed May 06, 2009 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed May 06, 2009 5:04 am

Twila wrote:I think a 1-2-1-2... for dps would be too fast for two reasons:
1. You'll run out of energy immediately...and lose your stack of debuffs while waiting to regain it
2. You'll definitely lose the stack when you get targeted and need to put the shield up

On the other hand I do think 1-1-1-1-1-2 is too slow. I think somewhere in the middle would be best...depending on how comfortable one feels and practice.
But then again what I think is based on training with the daily, not with Maly himself.

Think Twila got the point here!

IMO we wiped couse of 2 things:
1. We were to Slow/out of energy or simply didnt react to put on shield when Maly focuses us (1 focus no shield intant death)
2. We should be just a bit more faster in kiting him around.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed May 06, 2009 5:18 am

You don't really kite him around. You just move around him on AoE clouds and stop untill next AoE.

I think we have good enough idea now as to what to do so 2-3 more tries and we'll have him down I'd say Smile We should also try it with 2 healers and 7DPSs to get through phase 1 and 2 quicker.

They mentioned few tricks there for warlocks, rogues and mages how to get out from vortex. This should help with healing. Let's say if we Have Twila, Leannah and Riath/Lorandir and they manage to get out of vortex this means 3 people less to heal. Warlocks can use teleports, mages can ice block out of it and rogues shadowstep or vanish (can't remeber what it was). If boss is positioned right we should be ok with 2 healers if tank is the only one taking damage. On vortex some classes can get away and rest can use health stones and potions to help healers. The more burst we have the shorter phase 1 will be and this is the hardest part healing wise. On phase 2 it's way easier and on phase 3 we just use drakes and that's it.

EDIT: On phase 3 we should stay away from boss due to this 30 yard AoE damage he does. We should get in range of our damaging attacks and do not move any closer.
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed May 06, 2009 5:29 am

Buculus wrote:You don't really kite him around. You just move around him on AoE clouds and stop untill next AoE.

I think we have good enough idea now as to what to do so 2-3 more tries and we'll have him down I'd say Smile We should also try it with 2 healers and 7DPSs to get through phase 1 and 2 quicker.

They mentioned few tricks there for warlocks, rogues and mages how to get out from vortex. This should help with healing. Let's say if we Have Twila, Leannah and Riath/Lorandir and they manage to get out of vortex this means 3 people less to heal. Warlocks can use teleports, mages can ice block out of it and rogues shadowstep or vanish (can't remeber what it was). If boss is positioned right we should be ok with 2 healers if tank is the only one taking damage. On vortex some classes can get away and rest can use health stones and potions to help healers. The more burst we have the shorter phase 1 will be and this is the hardest part healing wise. On phase 2 it's way easier and on phase 3 we just use drakes and that's it.

khm khm 2+7=9 2+8=10

hehe on a more serious note

Yes we could try with two healers np, I used to watch people health during vortex and saw Leas coming down to only few % after the drop to the ground. And I am ok on health during the vortex and after fall, and come out of it totaly safe, but then I think you healers focus more on the raid to top it up and I found myself hitting CDs on several occasions couse every second or two I got the low HP warning, which is OK and I can squeeze thru, with 3 healers is ok to pull it off, but with 2 I wouldnt put my hand in the fire for it. Especially if one or two of those guys misses out on trick to pull and got cought up in vortex. Think this 2 healer setup would prove safer if we have shammy and druid healer.

All in all we can always give it few tries and decide on the best course!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed May 06, 2009 6:00 am

Yeah god one buc i forgot about ice block...Smile.
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Wed May 06, 2009 6:05 am

Buculus wrote:
They mentioned few tricks there for warlocks, rogues and mages how to get out from vortex.

I tried teleporting out of the vortex last time. But I got a message saying "You can't do that now." ... or something on those lines. They probably fixed it in patch 3.1.
Won't do any harm to try again though.
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed May 06, 2009 6:07 am

Think you should start casting just before he starts casting vortex or something along those lines.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum