Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malygos Vid

+5
Leannah
Teshija
Buculus
Zarck
Temple
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Malygos Vid - Page 2 Empty Re: Malygos Vid

Post  Buculus Wed May 06, 2009 6:37 am

Tesh - 2 healers, 7DPSs and 1 tank Razz I didn't mention tank as it was kinda obvious that we need someone to take the beating on his butt Laughing

There's one more thing - I can heal during the vortex phase. It's just a matter of having people in range for it. If we have 2 healers we can then stand on two sides of the boss and use /range20 or /range30 (depends on spells range) during the vortex to see who we have in range for healing. I think if we can have 2 DKs to DG sparks in one position and some ranged DPSs + 2 healers we should pull through phase 1 without problem.

We'll have 10 people. Depending on healing classes we have we can work out healing tacs on this encounter - paladin can use beacon and heal 2 people with 1 spell, some people can try to get out from vortex and 2nd healer can take care of the rest I hope but 2nd healer will have to have some multi-target AoE heals to keep raid topped up. If we all survive phase 1 then phase 2 is piece of cake healing wise if everything goes right and phase 3 is just drakes.

Key thing on phase 1 (apart from healing) will be stacking sparks in 1 place to get dmg buff.
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed May 06, 2009 6:48 am

Well I agree but not to a full extent. Its just I dont want to add to confusion of the whole encounter. As we have done it before we got him down to phase 3 with 3 mins left, this should be more then enough time especialy if we ditch on healer for one DPS.
Maybe it would really be easier if we just focus to stay alive to the end of phase 3 and if we see that we are lacking time to get some more intense DPS run. Dont really know well see when we get there!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Thu May 07, 2009 12:41 am

I think twiking this fight is good so i have no problems whit that...Smile The only thing i want to point like Twila sad and Tesh pointed out is that we pretty well got the 2 first phases down the real chalange lies in phase 3. Dont get me wrong i think its good to optimes the 2 first phases cause that will give use more time to phase 3. I guess my points are if we have problem whit just 2 healers we can always go back to 3 and that there is no substitute for practesing so mount up and do the daily quest aces high...Smile. I dont mean to emply that someone is not doing just me sounding like a broken record....Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:10 am

OK to ressurect old topic. Its time since we revisited Maly yestrday with new group of people.

IMO all group performed splendidly (each try brought us closer to the goal, and in 4 tries we got to phase 3 mounted up drakes and died). SO guys watch the vid posted in first post, practice aces high quest (link to it is on second or third post in this thread).

I would just like to speak my mind on some things I noticed yestrday, where I think we can get better!

First and foremost: my tanking. Its been a while since I tanked anything more serious than heroics, so I am bit rusty on rotations, which coused Grim to be 10ish percent above me with threat, one aggro pull and wipe. Sorry about that to all.

Second: spark positioning.
Just to clarify first: all sparks are coming towards Maly, so there is really no need to run to the other end of platform it will get to maly in due time, so it would be best to DPS him down until sparks come to him then do deathgrip or whatever needs to be done so we can stack them. As Lea had pointed out we might easily wait for first spark kill it when its near and leave deathgrip (or variant) for second.
Its important they are stacked one over each other.
Another thing that came to my mind. I kited him around so far to get him to sparks etc... But, what dou you guys think if I just tank him in the middle of the platform, that will reduce the time sparks will be travelling to him, the lees time the travel the faster we can use them, and it will be easier to nuke him that way IMO, as well as position him. We might give it a try like this once to see how it will play out.

Phase 1 needs to be over in 5 mins not a second less.

Phase 2 was great IMO, no glitches there, all went smoothly and fast.

Phase 3: well, there are some tips in previous posts but lest just focus on first 2 now and practice the drake skills on the daily quests.

Basicly time table should be:
Phase 1: 5 mins
Phase 2: 2 mins
Phase 3: 3 mins

Hope well try another shot at him tonight!

Edit: think Ill also use AP flask instead of regular stoneblood one. SInce I didnt use stoneblood yestrday and my HP stood solidly ok without using any CDs. So in fight where every bit of DPS count Ill go with other flask I think.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:59 am

Good stuff Smile All we have to master is phase 3 like last time Razz

Phase 1 - we need heavy dps and sparks in one spot. Other way it's a no-go.
Phase 2 - the easiest phase. All probably know what to do here.
Phase 3 - stacking debuffs and healing. Stay as group. Move around Maly to avoid AoE. Pop up shield when he focuses on you.

Sounds easy Razz hehe

Phase 1 and 3 are kinda connected - the harder you nuke him in phase 1 the more time you have in phase 3. Phase 2 is not an issue here since we all know what to do there.

Main problems from last runs:

• sparks not in one spot or sparks reaching Maly hence too low dps
  • people not popping shields in phase 3 and dying instantly from Maly's attacks
  • people flying in different directions on AoE (we must stay as a tight group or healers won't be able to heal us)

At least we know where the problems are Wink
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serjo Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:56 am

Teshija wrote: spark positioning. Another thing that came to my mind. I kited him around so far to get him to sparks etc... But, what dou you guys think if I just tank him in the middle of the platform, that will reduce the time sparks will be travelling to him, the lees time the travel the faster we can use them, and it will be easier to nuke him that way IMO, as well as position him. We might give it a try like this once to see how it will play out.

My 2 cents (since it was me who called for a "Maly Wipefeast" yesterday night :-) ).

1st of all: nice attempts anyway. Getting to phase 3 after only 4 attempts and not with our overall best geared players (e.g. Lea on alt) was unexpectedly well done.

2nd: we should really get at least another melee DPS (we only had one and that was unbalanced for phase 2 when yuo need to kill Lords on land and floating ones on air getting on the disks) and we can't afford to lose the melee DPS on Maly while our (perfect executing) DK was running around to get sparks: i noticed that while he was going to grip sparks he was obviously not DPSing Maly, so we broke the 5 min timer on phase 1.

3rd: (here comes quoting) I think (but since i have never been a tank i don't know if im telling anything wrong) that Tank should always get Maly in one spot only (i'd say facing him to north). Never move him to sparks, only stay there. Sparks go to him anyway: we can get them where WE are. I lose a good chunk of time repositioning myself away from frontal (deadly) breath cone while Tesh was moving Maly, which get my DPS to only 2,1k overall (not only that ofc, it was my fault as well, and still I was 1st). I think that, since we were quite all on vent, that we should name one "sparks caller" (which could get a macro to raidannounce for those who arenot on vent) who indicates where sparks are coming not relatively to Maly position (spark on his right... spark at his back) etcetera but referring to Nort, East, West and South which are absolute and anyone knows where they are Smile. Moreover anyone knows where to run after a vortex (each direction but north if Maly stays there) to avoid breath.

Have yuo alla great time!

Serjo

Serjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:09 am

Soooo.... are we going to give it a try this weekend? But I mean proper try - same time frame as for Naxx raid. Just prepare all pots, food, scrolls, etc and push it as hard as we can Smile I think in 3-4h we might take him down Wink
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:31 am

Well, I'm probably ready for it tonight, but don't think I can make it tomorrow.. Will try ofc, but don't save a spot for me Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:04 am

Yeah its a go tonight at around 7-8 pm ( a good 1-2 hours heads up...Smile )

Anyways i think it all sounds good and i alsaw think that befor we go in we should all do tha acec high q thogheter just to learn how to fly thoughter...Smile

On the moving mally thing i think it could be good if you tried moving him abit away from the sparks thuse giving use more time to position the sparks and to DPS the down. That way the spark will always travel over the other "downed" sparks so to say. What i meen is if we have a "dowend" spark on malys left side its hard to get another spark in that spot if it comes from his right side. So to exajurate i meen that sparks will be in the middle and maly are beeing kit around to the opposit side of the incomming spark (Ofc this is an exajuration to make a visual point...Smile ). Although that might be stupid and not duable but maybe somthing in between...Smile.

And Yes ofc tha DK will have to DPS as well but Yesterday i just wanted use to get the hang of pulling and stacking the sparks...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MooLoove Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:04 am

Hey guys, me Happy and Tiz are going to be a bit late, as the card tournament hasn't finished yet, and I have to pick up my new PC afterwards silent . We shouldn't be too long, but if you want to replace us feel free we understand lol!

Hopefuly see you all in a bit I love you

<3
MooLoove
MooLoove

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:56 am

Proposing to finish this tonight.

Me and Lea have done aces high quests and got some better insights in working of those spells, timings etc.....

C mon guys It realy aint that hard to pull off, tons of people have done it, and there is no reason why we should fail.
So tonight bring out your most insane, foods, flasks, buffs, be ready do aces high once and lets get him under our wheels!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:26 am

Count me in ...Smile I am sending out an inv in te ingame calender as well but what time should we say maybe 7.30 PM. I think Moo get of work by that time...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:33 am

I am good from 5 pm server onward.
Wife is on the coast with friend this week so I am free, free, free to play.....
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum