Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mage crach course

Go down

Mage crach course Empty Mage crach course

Post  Leannah Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:07 am

I seen that we have many new mages in guild right now so i thought i could be good starting a mage tread where we can post tips and ask questions...Smile

I can start by posting what i think is a nice Beguiner spec and that is frosfireboolt spec (or FFB spec). Although it has a little bit lower DPS thene arcane or fire spec. It dosent demand as mutch Mana as Arcane spec or as mutch Hit as fire spec...Smile. thouse making it a nice "in between" spec untill you get your Int/MP5 or Hit up...Smile

FFB spec 0/53/18

Now this is just how i would do it and ofc you can fiddle whit it your self ...Smile for instens you might remove some points form "Flam throwing" and "world in flames" to "blast wave", "Dragonsbreath" and/or "Improve blizzard" just to make farming a bit easier and to suit your playing stile...Smile

To this Spec i recomend you glyph "FFB", "Moulten armor" and defelently "Improved scorch" which is a must. Although the might be others that suits your playing stile better...Smile

The rotation or prioratising (In what order you cast your spels, this to maximase your DPS) i recomend is

Livingbomb (refrech if neede, although make sure you let i blow up before you refrech it) > Scorch (refrech if needed) > Pyroblast (if Hot streak is acctive) > FFB (spam)

This meen that you should first cast living bomb (which give damage over time or DOT) and scorch and refrech them when there start runing out, Althogh make sure you lett Living bomb run out so it "blows up" befor you cast a new one.
"Hot streak" is somthing we spect in the spec above and it says that whene you get 2 Critt in a row your pyroblast will be an instant cast spell (Its here that you massivly will increas your DPS). So when "Hot streak" ocurse its important to cast pyroblast (which give damage over time or DOT) ASAP. Although if you already have a pyroblast on the target it could be good (but not crusall) to wait for it to run out before casting another one, This to increas the time you have Pyroblast on the target and thuse increasing your DPS.
You should cast Frost fire bolt or FFB whene you have nothing ells to cast. This is your defolt or "spaming" spell. I recomend you put FFB on a butten that you can easily use or reach (Me for instens i have it on my tumbe mouse button). That way if you ever get a brain freas not knowing what to cast you can always just spam that button while you are thinking...Smile.
The MOST impotant thing to remamber as mage is to ALWAYS be casting. Casting the wrong spell i MUCH better then casting no spell at all....Smile

To help keep track of Scorch, Living bomb and Hot streak i use the add on Magefever that you can download from here ...Smile

When you have instald it make sure you type in "/mfever options" in the chatt bar to make the settings you want...Smile. In here you can choose what spels, cooldowns etc the addon will alert you to. You can also change the size of the boxes and move them around by using the right mouse botton...Smile

Now we are all done....Smile But before you jump in to any HC or Raid i recomend that you go to the target dumies that are located in every mayor city and try out this rotation and the addon, this because it might be a bit tricky to get a hang of in from the start...Smile

Anyways i hope this will help you new mages out ther get started and remember this is just one variation of the FFB spec and you should use this as a starting point and then twik it to fitt your gaming stile...Smile. Also remember that there are others specs out ther as well but this is a good spec to start from and i can talk about the other ones later on...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down