Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are all pure DPS classes?

5 posters

Go down

Where are all pure DPS classes? Empty Where are all pure DPS classes?

Post  Leannah Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:23 am

Well this is just one of my "poring my thoughts out post"...Smile

I was thinking the other day where are all pure DPS classes? Many of use are lvl or have a lvl 80 druid or pala...Smile. And we also have many dual classes like sham, priest and DK in guild but not many Hunter, mages and rouges (although we have alot of locks i grant use that)...Smile. And if we have them we dont have them as main or dont play and proggres them that much...Smile Im not saying its wrong by any meens its an interesting opservation....Smile. I dont knowe why that is maybee players (wow in general not guild) already have played DPS and now playing somthing ells or maybee players stop gearing DPS cause getting teh DPS up is bouth slow and hard going...Smile

If we look at what recruits we are getting, dont get me wrong all classes are welcomme, we mostly get dual or trippel classes...Smile, Ofc there are more of thouse then Pure DPS but still if we lock at the presentage they are still under represented...Smile. Sure one argument for Multi class is that its more versatile then Pure DPS classes and 1 argument can be better to be able to heal and DPS then just DPS...Smile or better tank, heal and DPS. But these pure DPS classes also have a role to fill they have abiletys that can be importan not to say crusial for raiding and to boost they also, after a bit of work and gearing up i grant you, give out a great DPS...Smile

Anyways im rambling on now and i have work to do...Smile. As i said just some thoughs i hade and though i share them whit you all...Smile

I also leave you whit this though. Can anything be as "Cool" to play as a frost mage...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Where are all pure DPS classes? Empty Re: Where are all pure DPS classes?

Post  Teshija Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:31 am

Its dual spec thingy basicly.....

Pure DPS can well DPS.
Mixed ability classes can DPS/heal tank/DPS or in case of druid and pally DPS/tank/heal.
So you can go on as DPS and only fill only that role or you can play tank and if you dont wanna tank anymore you can relase as DPS (works for healing as well) or you can go heal/tank and be absolutly neccessery for any mans party.

IMO they should have made instances and raid mobs harder and tougher, and leave the role of CC to pure DPS classes like rogue, hunter, mage, lock. That way more people would have play them, since they would have an safe role to fill. Like this is just... hmm Ill play something that i can do more than one thing with.

Hunters, mages, locks and rogues are going way to extinction soon.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:32 am

Hmmm i see what you mean. I guess people want the option of a tank/healer/DPS combination, guess its easyier to get groups or in a guild that way.

I wouldn't mind a Mage for pvping with, but would definetly play a healer/tank in pve - Not sure why tbh. Suspect bounce

Edit: Yeah that makes sence Tesh, remember doing Shattered Halls HC? If you didn't have Hunter/Mage/Rogue, atleast two of them, then the instance was very very tricky to get through.
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:38 am

Yeah. A lot of those instances in BC were waaaaaay safer with good CC.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 am

Can only talk for myself here.. My main was Lorandir (rogue) when I joined Doomed Riders.. I left it for 2 reasons:

1: I wanted a healing class and actually enjoyed healing much more than I expected which is why I switched back to Beregen (Who in fact was my first character and therefore also my main in the first place) Smile

2: Rogue was a broken class for a long time after wotlk came out.. I know it's not broken anymore, but before I switched main to Beregen I did around 2k DPS in raids with my rogue (Full-epic btw).. Now I can put out almost 3k dps with the same gear and same spec in raids..

Guess that's why I enjoy feral dps so much right now.. Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serjo Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:53 am

Eheh ... well actually my main was (is?) a dual spec Shaman (resto/ele) and when i thought about switching to Uglock as main I was the only lock in guild but Twila (which soon after disappeared after not being able to patch 3.1 if im not wrong) and we were low on ranged DPS for we had a lot of DKs and other melees.

Now, as yuo said, there are loads of locks ... Smile.

I'm slowly levelling my DK alt tho, so it'll be ready for Cataclysm probably while my 20ish druid is resting in peace dead in the Barrens' southern road, ravaged a couple of months ago by a fierce Hjena ... Razz

Serjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:01 am

Serjo wrote:while my 20ish druid is resting in peace dead in the Barrens' southern road, ravaged a couple of months ago by a fierce Hjena ... Razz

lol!
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down