Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improving your character - a guide to raiding

4 posters

Go down

Improving your character - a guide to raiding Empty Improving your character - a guide to raiding

Post  Leannah Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:10 am

You found your way here so i guess you want some help improving your character for raiding. First of all the only one that can improve your character is you, you need to put in the time and energy. Second of all this post is here to help you help yourself to improve your character. But reading this post is the all important first step….Smile. I also like to add that we only want to help you improve your CHARACTER not you as a person…Smile we like you the way you are that’s why you’re here in the guild…Smile

First off all, the most common mistake is thinking better gear will make it all better that is the furthest from the truth. Going from a weapon that deals 160 DPS to 180 DPS will at the most give you an increase of 10 % in DPS and that fancy new robe will that will give you 20 more spell power will at most give you an 1% increase in spell power. Then how is that some players do 6 K maybe even 7 K in DPS while others in the same class do only 2 K or 3 K…. Magic?....One could think so but no..Smile.

The Key is spec, build and rotation 3 magical words in them self. But what do they mean?

Spec: Its how you have your talent points distributed in your talent tree and that will have a really important effect on how good your Healing/DPS/tanking is. One thing to remember her is that the spec used for level a character is very different from the spec you need in raid and this is especially, but not exclusively, important for pure DPS classes.

Build: Its how you combine your talent tree or “spec “whit your gear. For instant if you have a lot of abilities in your talent tree that gives you increased Critt damage then stacking Critt gear and gems might be a good idea.

Rotation: Its in what order you cast what spells or what abilities to maximize your damage. This is also really important for instant is you have a ability that will increase damage taken by the monster your hitting for 10 sec then it might be good to use your most powerful spells or abilities after the first ability is used. Stacking and combining buffs from different abilities is the key for great DPS/healing.

But the most important thing of all is to know your class ….. WELL…... Pala for instants get about 2,2 AP for every Strength but still you see ret Pala stacking +32 AP gems instead of +16 str gem. Hunter will for instant get both RAP (range attack power) and critt from Agility. There are plenty of other examples.

So where and how do I get this information I need? Well they are several ways and I am sure I will not be able to list them all but some ways to go about it is.

# If you have a direct question do a google search for instant “wow+mage+hitcap” or “wow+hunter+Build” and read up a bit on your class so you truly understand it and all its potential. A good site for this is Elitist jerks. They might be a bit technical but if you disregard all the math they are making some good points.

# Find a player that do great DPS/Healing/Tanking that are the same class as you and look up his build on WoW-Europe character search. Start by maybe copying his build and look at what types of gem and enchants he is using for his build and if you find him online then maybe ask him about what rotation he uses. If your question is direct and have a easy answer than player tend to be polite and answer you. But if you ask “how can I get as good DPS as you” then you will probably not get an answer sins its to complicated…Smile. This is maybe not as fun but you probably increase your DPS/healing and later you might understand that build good enough to start tweaking it to fit your playing style.

# If you have trouble finding a good player that the same class as you use wow-heros (go to "realm" and make a search) to find a player whit good “gear score” and that have the same class and role as you (DPS, healer or tank) and see how he is spect and what gear he is stacking.

I am sure there are a lot more ways to go about getting info about your class and if you have any good pointers plz post it…Smile But the main thing is know your class. What abilities and spells you have, what stats benefits your class and build the most. For instant Arcane mages whit a Fire mage Gear will do crappy DPS I mean it will probably go down from 5k to 3k even though you have the right build and the same gear.

But there are some universal truths like Always ALWAYS be hitcapt if you a DPS and always have your Gear enchanted and gemed even if you can’t afford the most expensive ones there are cheaper ones you can use until you can afford more expensive Enchants and gems.
I know this post is heavy on the DPS point of view but that is what I know…Smile But the points about Spec, Build and Rotation and the way to go about finding this info is universal for Tanks, DPS and healers. But if someone has something to add plz feel free to do so…Smile

So to reiterate know YOUR class, know what stats and gear are important to your class and spec, always have everything gemed and enchanted and above all find a great rotation. Hopefully I have convinced all of you the importance of Spec, builds and rotation instead of gear….Smile
Many of this “Rotations”, “Spec” and “Builds” are known by player in guild and we are happy to help you out if we can but we don’t know every class far from it and learning about just one spec might be 3-4 hours surfing the net reading posts and we cant post all of that in this forum. That’s why its up to YOU to find it and hopefully this post have given you some idea about how to go about it.

Hope you find this usefull...Smile

love

/Lea
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Improving your character - a guide to raiding Empty Re: Improving your character - a guide to raiding

Post  Gredeth Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:10 am

Cookie for you Smile Great post.

One thing I noticed though: your armory link is to the US armory, and as far as I know, you can't find any EU profiles from there, so for the EU armory the link would be http://eu.wowarmory.com/ Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Improving your character - a guide to raiding Empty Re: Improving your character - a guide to raiding

Post  Buculus Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:00 am

Nice job Lea Smile It is really important to know your class and practise different build rotations. I know myslef that tweaking with build and rotation using combos can boost your dps by 1-2k straight off the bat. Elitist Jerks is a great great place to find complex information on specs/rotations/gear/gems/enchants - all in one. They already done the hard work for you. They will tell you what are best items, best gems and enchants for your class and spec. All you have to do is to read up on it, copy it, use it. It doesn't get any simplier and you'll find how big difference few changes can make Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Phasileus Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:29 pm

i've been using this site for a quite long time. You guys should check it out.

Phasileus

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:25 pm

Phasileus wrote:i've been using this site for a quite long time. You guys should check it out.

Nice one Improving your character - a guide to raiding 342285 Thanks
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:22 am

Phasileus wrote:i've been using this site for a quite long time. You guys should check it out.

Where nice mate... Improving your character - a guide to raiding 342285

It looks realy good i defelently have to take a closer look at when i get the time...Smile.
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phasileus Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Np mates. Trying to help the guild even i am not playing atm!

Phasileus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down