Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ICC 10 boss tacts (for those who want to run safe)

+2
Buculus
Teshija
6 posters

Go down

ICC 10 boss tacts (for those who want to run safe) Empty ICC 10 boss tacts (for those who want to run safe)

Post  Teshija Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:31 am

I always like to simplify things as much as possible. Thats why Ill try and discuss only things which seemed important for the fight, other abbilities/spells might be overlooked. With some extra time on my hands now Ill try and pull a brief report on how we did it, what mistakes we made, etc, so that people dont do it again needlesly. Hope someone else will read this besides us officers.
Ill put tanking tips, I suggest that healers and dps do the same so I can edit it here.

Boss No1. - Lord Marrowgar
As we gathered fight is hardest on healers, and have some tricky transitioning between phases. If healers are up to the job, with properly working DBM and some attention this fight is easy. Important thing to remember is that tanks need to hug each other to divide the bone lash between them. BUT if one tanks day with good healing one tank can soak all. Sil and our healers proved this by keeping Sil alive throuout whole phase almost when we first killed the bugger. But dont try to do it for funs sake.

Phase 1. Is basicly tank and spank with addition of random player beign impaled on the spike which will tick dmg. Spike should be killed ASAP (recomendation is 2 GCDs) and return to boss (depending on DPS you have allocate it on spikes and boss), rinse and repeat till phase 2.

Phase 2. Is mostly running away from ww whith boss switching targets and running across the room doing bleed damage. Bleed is hardest if you are close to him, gets easier the farther away you are. At the end is agro wipe. Rinse and repeat.

General warning: Stay away from tanks and behind the boss. he has a huge hit box so melees can really be AWAY from tanks as they should otherwise theyll get a share of bone lash. Stay away from blue fire on the floor.
BLOODLUST on one of the phases1

TANKING TIP: be sure some of you in raid have current version of DBM (I had it but didnt work properly) to see when whirlwind will end. If you dont have it let some of the raid member count it off. At the count of 1 start spamming taunts and insta AOE abillities. Try and be close to the boss, soaking dmg otherwise raid member will aggro before you. Also forget about the main and off tank. Both tanks should try and get hold of the boss on P2/P1 transition.
HEALING TIP:The healing during both phases isn't that difficult, provided that all move out of the blue fire and the spikes get taken down swiftly. The tank healers must focus on their tank at all times as the dmg is quite high even when it is shared, but 2 healers spam healing a good geared tank works as well in case it is needed. The challenge is the P1/P2 transition, as the tanks will die very quickly if they do not receive healing immediately. DO NOT come near the tanks but you need to stay in healing range. The best thing to do is 1-2 sec before he comes back to P1, start healing or use 1 of your CD if you have any.

Boss No2. - Lady Deathwisper
She is no Lady and the fight is hard. Boss is easy, adds are very, very annoying. Again we have 2 phases. During phase 1 she is shielded in mana shield which needs to be DPSed down and adds are coming from one side of the room from start of the fight, and every 60secs thereafter until mana shield is down. 10 mins enrage counting from start off the fight NOT from the time mana shield is down.

Phase 1. (Add phase) - basicly two types off adds melee and ranged. She casts all kinda spells on them to make them stronger/different and trickier. Melee should DPS ranged adds, and range sghould DPS melee adds. One thing to note here - range CAN DPS ranged as well. BUT when they are not shielded. One type of adds is particulaary tiresome, Its melee when turned into zombie, and need to be kited by tanks and killed ASAP becose they have vampiric abilities. There will be 3 adds per wave. All throughout this mess, raid should be in the middle and two DPSes preferably ones that build DPS over time on boss bringing down mana shield.
IMPORTANT - be sure you kill remaining adds before the next phase and that you wipe mana shield when you are free from adds, otherwise it will greatly increase your chance to wipe.
Note -On our best try we downed all adds before the next waves. On first try we had like 9 of them around. So its about properly managing DPS on adds, and there will be some trial and error there. Prepare for few wipes.

Phase 2. (Boss phase) - tanks should aggro ASAP becouse she has no threat at the start. She stacks debuff on tank which gives him threat reduce, every 3 or 4 stack tanks should switch. She goes down in minute when mana shield is gone. Really easy.
General warning: when adds are down all DPS mana shield. During the enire fight she will cast Death and decay on the ground that should be and are easy to avoid. In phase 2 there will also spawn "ghosts" that will move slowly towards random players. They should be avoided, if they hit a player they will casue some damage. The damage is not that great but a cloth wearer will notice it. They are however easily avoided. The Meele mobbs will from time to time cast a magical effect on themselfes called Vampitic touch, not to be confused whit the ability Tesh talked about. This ability will heal the mobb but it can easily be removed by abilities that remove magical effects like a mage spellsteal or a hunters tranquilaty shot. There are other as well but this are the one i remamber off hand

BLOODLUST - after the first way off adds when all still have time to bring their wrath on mana shield.

TANKING TIP - On P1. both tank on adds at each side. If you have adds left when 10 secs before the other wave pull them to other side where you can meet other way. On P2. Keep an eye on threatmeter all the time.
HEALING TIP - Nothing too special on this boss healing wise, some raid dmg but nothing too serious in both phases. Only thing to look out for is when 1 of the adds gets the vampiric ability because i've seen it 1-shot a tank (no joke)(confirmed by Tesh - I was on the other end of that hit). It should be kited but it can pop up unexpected so you should be prepared to start spam healing and/or use CD at those points.
DPS TIP - As said before managing and alocating DPS is realy important in this fight. The adds need to go down fast in what ever way is possible. So it can be good to focus on only 1 or 2 adds at the start, prefably 1 of the add that there are 2 of on that side, and bring them down fast so they dont have time to use any abilatys then go to work on the 1 or 2 that are left. The nightmare here is that you get 2 shielded range mobbs, that will spell reflect any magic dmg done, and only 1 or 2 meele guys that need to bring down a total of 100 K HP (2 x 50) alone. Imo using only 2 healers in this fight will sure help alot.

Boss 3. - Gunship fight
My favorite. Immensly fun fight especialy if you are on boarding team. Easy fight if done properly.
Raid should be divided in 3 teams gunners, boarding party and defenders.
Gunners - melee DPS
Boarding party - tank, healer, gunners (maybe aditional healer or DPS)
Defenders - tank, raid healer, ranged
At the start be sure to take and equip rockets, which are equiped on shirt slot. and put it on the easy keyind you are not using for this fight, I put it on my No1 which is spel reflect for example. Gunners jump on guns. Talk to Saurfang and you are off....

FIGHT:
At first all raid is loitering around and gunners shoot.
Then when you hear Muradin emote that marines should jump to our ship, defenders have to go and work. Kill off Sargeant first and then marines. This is easy as I have gathered.
Then when you hear Muradin emote for mage to come borading party jumps over in following order:
Tank, Healer, DPSes. The following thing happens: Mage freezes your guns and they become unoperational. Thats why its best for melee DPS be gunners and on boarding party since they cant do anything while guns are frozen. Tank needs to pick up Muradin which stacks nasty debuff increasing his damage and he will one shot tank if you are over there to long. He also has cleave so watch where you are tanking him. While Tank is busy with Muradin DPS should kill Mage ASAP. As soon as the mage is down you jump back to home ship, otherwise Muradin will have his fun with you. This will be rinsed and repeated (think it was 4 times with us on the winning battle)

General warning: avoid the circles on the floor, those are marking places where bombs will land. Gunners can accualy aim at NPC on the ally ship and kill them aswell as doing damage on the Ally ship. I recomand you aim for the Mortar team that will be standing on the left side of the ally ship, or fardest away looking from the gunners position.

BLOODLUST: can live without it I guess.

TANKING TIP - for Muradins tank. HAve Muradin targeted at all times, otherwise you just might be to late on targeting him, which will result in death of DPS or healer. Manage your CDs and use them toward the end of the boarding, only one per jump, and preferably when you turn your back to him.
HEALING TIP - Don't know much about the defending raid healer, but as i understood it wasn't much trouble. (correct me if i'm wrong here berg ) The boarding party healer only has 1 target to heal and that's the tank. If all goes well, the dps should not be getting any dmg. The problem is the buff that the boss stacks. By the time that the mage is dead, he will have somewhere between 14-20 stacks, increasing his dmg 140%-200%. I had trouble keeping the tank up, but I managed to do so by using a CD on every jump, and even then it was close at times. If you have trouble keeping him up, use either 2 healers or high dps to burn down the mage fast.

Boss 4. - Deathbringer Saurfang
Old Saurfangs son. More powerfull then he ever was. Imo hardest fight of all. Truly nightmerish with tons of things to worry about. No phases just one, long, hard crap. He heals himself imensly if tanks are not carefull, but he hits like a baby. Firste few tries, we got him down to 80% and the we were at a standstill not beign able to bring him lower. Then with lot of managment we killed him. 8 min enrage timer. He has blood link which grants him blood power when he damages oponents. With each power hell get bigger and stronger, at the mark of 100 powers he resets applying mark of the fallen champion on random player. Which will have to be healed through. Apparently this is not a hard healing fight and we allocated one healer to DPS, which proved immensly usefull. This fight is all about tanks avoiding being hit while they have rune of blood debuff on them, and reducing the amount of blood power Saurfang gets.
Note: on the winning try we had good blood power menagment and even got an achivment for it.

FIGHT:
Tank him at the stairs where he stands. Melee do their stuff on boss all the time, range do their stuff on boss until beasts are spawned. Boss will apply rune of blood on tank, which will heal him for good chunk of health while he is hitting runed tank. Other tank must taunt ASAP to reduce the health regenerated. At some point he will start casting boling blood which will give him additional bloodpower. Since reducing bloodpower he gains is paramount here immunity abilities like Ice Block and Divine Shield will stop it ticking while active, as will a Priest's Power Word: Shield. This can greatly reduce the amount of Blood Power Saurfang receives. So help the raid out and use them as much as you can.
He will also call forth blood beasts which should be kited around by ranged. MELEES and TANKS should not touch them becouse Saurfang will get more blood power if the beasts are hitting players. It is advisable that melee and tanks stop using AOE when Saurfang summons beasts. Beasts can not be CCed but they can be slowed so use all you have here. Kill them ASAP and return to boss. A pair of beasts will be summoned every 35 secs. Rinse and repeat.
General warning: There is no magic dmg in the last fight, however incredible that sounds. All Dmg is physical so use AMPLIFY MAGIC on whole raid if you have a mage in raid!
BLOODLUST: at the begining after aggro is established

TANKING TIP: Tanks will have to be quick on their toes and not wait for other tank to notify them to taunt. As soon as you see DBM warning and in chat window warning TAUNT. I cannot stress this strongly enough. Otherwise hell healhimself like mad. Other thing Tanks can help with blood beasts taunting them off ranged when they get close to them: reducing the amount of ranged being hit by beasts has benefits in two way: reduces blood power boss have and lessens the healing impact on healers. BUT and THIS IS IMPORTANT: Taunt ONLY when you are tanking boss, otherwise you might have taunt on CD when you need it to Taunt it off other tank and he can always resisist so its good to have taunts in reserve.
HEALING TIP: Tanks don't take much dmg here, so 1 healer to cover both should be enough. You have to watch out for the beasts as your healing may agro them, so try to stay away from them. Priests should shield those with blood boil as to prevent the boss from getting bloodpower, if no priests are available, just heal through it. As soon as he casts a mark on someone, tank healers should help out healing that person on top of the raid healer, as the person with the mark will get 5k-6k dmg on each melee swing.
DPS TIP - Nuke boss as hard as you can. When Blood beasts come pick one fast and mark him whit skull. All range should now full out nuke that Beast and if you have abilities that slow it like hunters concusion shot they can and should defelently be used first. If you as a range DPS get aggro here, and one of you deffinetly will, since that is the point, just run away and kite the Beast, throw frost traps, eathbind totems and similar abilities that might be available. Eventualy you will lose aggro to another range DPS and at that point you turn around and start nuking the Beast again, rinse and repet. The second, unmarked beast is prefably stuned or slowed in some way aswell, here one player should be alocated to this specific task, this can be done by abilatys like DK chain of ice, mage frost nova, Palas Hamer of *something*. I think there are more abilatys her aswell just keep in mind they cant be CC but they can be slowed and stuned. Ofc the beasts can be nuked down at the same time and that depends alot of what range classes are avalible.

HEALING TIPS: kindly provided by Shanla
DPS TIPS and other tricks: kindly provided by Leannah

Last edited by Teshija on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:45 am; edited 6 times in total
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

ICC 10 boss tacts (for those who want to run safe) Empty Re: ICC 10 boss tacts (for those who want to run safe)

Post  Buculus Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:44 am

Great job mate Smile Really useful stuff Smile Took me some time to read it all not to mention not forgetting stuff for he fights but as we all have some more time now I suggest we just read up on tacs, watch few videos, think about tacs and we'll be flying there after Xmas Smile

EDIT: Put it as sticky Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

ICC 10 boss tacts (for those who want to run safe) Empty Re: ICC 10 boss tacts (for those who want to run safe)

Post  Serjo Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:02 am

Teshija wrote:Since reducing bloodpower he gains is paramount here immunity abilities like Ice Block and Divine Shield will stop it ticking while active, as will a Priest's Power Word: Shield. This can greatly reduce the amount of Blood Power Saurfang receives. So help the raid out and use them as much as you can.

TANKING TIPS: Tanks will have to be quick on their toes and not wait for other tank to notify them to taunt. As soon as you see DBM warning and in chat window warning TAUNT. I cannot stress this strongly enough. Otherwise hell healhimself like mad. Other thing Tanks can help with blood beasts taunting them off ranged when they get close to them: reducing the amount of ranged being hit by beasts has benefits in two way: reduces blood power boss have and lessens the healing impact on healers. BUT and THIS IS IMPORTANT: Taunt ONLY when you are tanking boss, otherwise you might have taunt on CD when you need it to Taunt it off other tank and he can always resisist so its good to have taunts in reserve.

From a DK tank PoV (i know i should go to read elsewhere but since yuo posted here ...) do yuo think that AMS (anti magic shield) shields against his Bloodpower? It should since AMS shields from magic dmg and that should be Magic but im not sure ... any DK in raid can confirm?

See ya soon ingame.

Have a great time!

Serjo

Serjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:09 am

There is no magic damage in this fight, only physical. Its really good place to use amplify magic!
Good thing you brought this up. I edited original comment!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Shanla Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:33 am

First of, awesome guide you put there Smile As you did tanking tips, ill put down some healing tips Smile

Boss No1. - Lord Marrowgar
The healing during both phases isn't that difficult, provided that all move out of the blue fire and the spikes get taken down swiftly. The tank healers must focus on their tank at all times as the dmg is quite high even when it is shared, but 2 healers spam healing a good geared tank works as well in case it is needed. The challenge is the P1/P2 transition, as the tanks will die very quickly if they do not receive healing immediately. DO NOT come near the tanks but you need to stay in healing range. The best thing to do is 1-2 sec before he comes back to P1, start healing or use 1 of your CD if you have any.

Boss No2. - Lady Deathwisper
Nothing too special on this boss healing wise, some raid dmg but nothing too serious in both phases. Only thing to look out for is when 1 of the adds gets the vampiric ability because i've seen it 1-shot a tank (no joke). It should be kited but it can pop up unexpected so you should be prepared to start spam healing and/or use CD at those points.

Boss 3. - Gunship fight
Incredibly entertaining fight this one Smile
Don't know much about the defending raid healer, but as i understood it wasn't much trouble. (correct me if i'm wrong here berg Smile) The boarding party healer only has 1 target to heal and that's the tank. If all goes well, the dps should not be getting any dmg. The problem is the buff that the boss stacks. By the time that the mage is dead, he will have somewhere between 14-20 stacks, increasing his dmg 140%-200%. I had trouble keeping the tank up, but I managed to do so by using a CD on every jump, and even then it was close at times. If you have trouble keeping him up, use either 2 healers or high dps to burn down the mage fast.

Boss 4. - Deathbringer Saurfang
Tanks don't take much dmg here, so 1 healer to cover both should be enough. You have to watch out for the beasts as your healing may agro them, so try to stay away from them. Priests should shield those with blood boil as to prevent the boss from getting bloodpower, if no priests are available, just heal through it. As soon as he casts a mark on someone, tank healers should help out healing that person on top of the raid healer, as the person with the mark will get 5k-6k dmg on each melee swing.
Shanla
Shanla

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:36 am

Excelent stuff Shanla, Ill incorporate it in original post.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:54 am

First of all great job...Smile "little time"... Rolling Eyes ... that most have been an entire morning...Smile.

I thought i can put in some small things i noticed and some DPS PoW...Smile

Boss 1

# I think the last paragraf (Shanlas healing tip) was ment for Boss 4...Smile

Boss 2

# During the enire fight she will cast Death and decay on the ground that should be and are easy to avoid.

# In phase 2 there will also spawn "ghosts" that will move slowly towards random players. They should be avoided, if they hit a player they will casue some damage. The damage is not that great but a cloth wearer will notice it. They are however easily avoided...Smile

# The Meele mobbs will from time to time cast a magical effect on them self called Vampitic touch ,not to be confused whit the abilaty Tesh talkt about, This abilaty will heal the mobb but it can easyl be removed buy abilatys that remove magical effects like a mage spellsteal or a hunters tranquilaty shot. There are other as well but this are the one i remamber off hand

DPS TIP - As said before managing and alocating DPS is realy important in this fight. The adds need to go down fast in what ever way is possible. So it can be good to focus on only 1 or 2 adds at the start, prefably 1 of the add that there are 2 of on that side, and bring them down fast so they dont have time to use any abilatys then go to work on the 1 or 2 that are left. The nightmare here is that you get 2 shielded range mobbs, that will spell reflect any magic dmg done, and only 1 or 2 meele guys that need to bring down a total of 100 K HP (2 x 50) alone. Imo using only 2 healers in this fight will sure help alot.

Boss 3

# Short and easily explaind .... great jobb Tesh... only one little typo that i would not mantion but sins it might casu confusion. One of the mobbs droping down on the hord ship is named "Sergent" not "Commander" the commander is on the allyed ship and are only tanked, not killed, by the tank in the "boarding party"

# Gunners can accualy aim at NPC on the ally ship and kill them aswell as doing damage on the Ally ship. I recomand you aim for the Mortar team that will be standing on the left side of the ally ship, or fardest away looking from the gunners position.

Boss 4

DPS TIP - Nuke boss as hard as you can. Whene Blood beasts come pick one fast and mark him whit skull. All range should now full out nuke that Beast and if you have abilatys that slow it like hunters concusion shot they can and should defelently be used first. If you as a range DPS get aggro here, one of you deffelently will sins that is the point, just run away and kit the Beast throw frost trapps, eathbind totams and simular abilatys that might be avalible. Eventualy you will lose aggro to another range DPS and at that point you turn around and start nuking the Beast again, rinse and repet. The second, unmarkt beast is prefably stuned or slowed in some way aswell, here one player should be alocated to this specific task, this can be done by abilatys like DK chain of ice, mage frost nova, Palas Hamer of *something*. I think there are more abilatys her aswell just keep in mind they cant be CC but they can be slowed and stuned. Ofc the bests can be nuke down at the same time and that depends alot of what range classes are avalible.

END

Again great post Tesh...Smile Hope you dont mind i posted some additional things...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:37 am

OFC I dont mind the very point of the original post was for everyone of us, or at least one of the each roles put on their experiences so people who there for the first time know what to expect.

Altho I think Ill have to break up the original post into 4 separate ones since it has grown to insane proportions.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:09 am

I found this on wowwiki for Festergut:

Immunity effects such as Ice Block or Divine Shield will prevent a player from being killed by Festergut's exhale, even without any stacks of inoculation.
Mages and/or Shadow Priests can ignore Spores and focus on dpsing as a viable strat. This is due to the usage of Iceblock for Mages, and Dispersion for Priests.
Both of these moves will allow them to survive the exhale without any Innoculation and provide that extra dps that might be needed for a first kill.
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:04 am

Great job Twila. Will incorporate that in next post after we down them for the first time, when we all have some more experience.
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:41 am

Great one Twila.... ICC 10 boss tacts (for those who want to run safe) 342285 That is defelently good news for mages...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down