Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short tanking guide for Paladins (copied from old forum)

Go down

Short tanking guide for Paladins (copied from old forum) Empty Short tanking guide for Paladins (copied from old forum)

Post  Buculus Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:25 am

I know that some people here can say I'm a terrible tank - I tend to rush through instances, battle stance and 2x1H weapons all the way and so on... But these are all low lvl dungeons and I promise it'll get better when we hit harder instances This below refers to mid-lvl instances so not all atributes are mentioned

My tanking methods :

PALADIN

Initial pull:

1. Mark target for dps to pull (skull) and take over mob before mob gets to dps. Mark target for cc (sheep, sap, freeing trap, etc - X or circle) if we will pull more than one.
2. If pull is not possible - get inside the group of mobs and start tanking them. If there's a caster in a group of mobs try to get close enough to him to hit him few times to gain some threat and not allow him to focus on healer / dps.

Tanking (multiple mobs):

1. When I get to mobs I have my seal already ticking (and any spells increasing threat generation)
2. Cast consecration
3. Stun main target and judgement it to increase threat, refresh seal (SoC)
4. Refresh consecration every time it's up
5. Keep threat on all mobs releasing judgement everytime it's up.

Tanking (single mob)

1. Seal on before I get to the mob
2. Stun mob and release judgement + refresh seal
3. Hammer him down and release judgement everytime it's up together with consecration (if I can afford it mana wise) and refresh seal after each judgement (stunn him before releasing judgement everytime my stunn spell is up as it increases damage dealt by judgement)

General rules:

1. If I'm loosing mob I try to taunt him or run to him if taunt does not work to hit him and get aggro back
2. If healer is getting aggro I try to taunt mob who run to him and if it does not work I run to this mob and try to get him back on me. Not great idea as I still have bunch of other mobs on my back but I couldn't find any better solution so far. Open for suggestions

Emergencies:

If healer is dead (sh*t happens) or I'm out of his sight (that happens as well) I try to keep myself alive as long as I can. Paladins have nice set of spells to get them out of troubles. I have 3 emergency solutions before I get wiped by mobs:

1. Cast divine protection and bandage myself at the same time (have macro to cast spell and start bandage as it takes 8s for both bouble to dissaper and bandage to get my life back) I try to use best bandages I can so that I have all my life back after I use it (first aid is my big friend)
2. Drink potion when I'm low on health again
3. Cast lay on hands to get my life back (only once every hour so I use it at the very end...)

If I manage to survive for 3min when my divine protection is up again or 2min before I can use my potions I do so.

If I manage to survive I rezz other party members if they got wiped.

Now there might be a pile of thisngs I'm doing wrong so I'm open to any criticism and helful tips for pala tank

I'll draft something up for warrior later on if it's of any use to anyone Very Happy
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down