Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Doomed Duels

2 posters

Go down

The Doomed Duels Empty The Doomed Duels

Post  Gredeth Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:16 pm

Hehehe, like the topic's name? Laughing

I just have to write something about these great fights. So far I've only fought Akaris (Not the butt-fucking Jinkei [take that as a compliment: you raped me badly Razz]) and Buc's alt Heavyhoof. First of all I must say I love our duels, they're so fun and challenging, you guys really put up a fight! Shocked

Also love to see Buc using Death Grip on my grounding totem, hope you love doing it just as much jocolor (pls don't kick me from the guild, I'm just teasing a bit lol!)

Strangulate... I hate this, nuff said. Oh god knows how many times I've been happily running away from Heavyhoof, who's being snared by Earthbind/Frost Shock, and thinking "right-o, let's see a little bit of healing action in the form of Ripti... Oh ffs..!" and the next thing I know: a big sturdy cow spanking my face with a huge chunk of cold steel. It hurts, in case you didn't figure that out yet!

Also when I see your health bar showing something like "200/10000" and use FROST SHOOOCKK just to notice your health is at 3000 again Very Happy Another "Oh bloody hell" moment.

Akaris... Mmm.. A very restorative and longlasting opponent. Nice drinkfights too. Wink Guess I'll have to explain the "drinkfight" bit: we were dueling in Mulgore just below the hill, near Thunder Bluff's elevators, where there is that small bridge. Our fights covered a fair bit of land going from the hill to the tauren starting place (well, almost Wink ) and once in a while I just got fed up of chasing him around, went under the bridge and started drinking my mana back. Needless to say I got blasted with a moonfire soon enough Very Happy

Oh and Jinkei, now that I'm specced resto too, please, let's not duel Sad Or of course if the guild demands to see that match, bring popcorn and maybe it's a good idea to also bring some proper food.. It might take a while...

Now, I'd like to see more duels like this and I thought if we could have some kind of a tournament soon? That is, of course, if there are enough people around the same level, can't remember if there is atm.

Oh well, discuss. Smile (also needed to spam the forums again Laughing)
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

The Doomed Duels Empty Re: The Doomed Duels

Post  Buculus Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:17 pm

I simply love these fights mate Very Happy where are screenies ffs? eh? eh? Very Happy hehehe Very Happy

I hate your damn grounding totem >< *Gredeth running away - Heavyhoof casts Death Grip to hug him once more*.... ''oh fuck... totem eat it... ruuuun Forrest, ruuuunnn!!!'' Hate it - enuff said Razz Also hate your bloody instant heals Razz Dunno what's the name of them but i can't interrupt them Razz and Strangulate has bloody long cd ><

I got into BGs after our duells and it seems that frost presence works better than blood presence Suspect It gives 10% more health (which means higher base to my healing abilities = more hp back) and buffs armor by 60%... More armor = less dmg. Blood presence gives me 15% more dmg and 2% of hp back when i hit. Sounds good but 6k armor against 10k armor and 8.5k hp against 10k hp... Not sure if this 15% damage is worth it at the end in fights where I'm kited a lot Smile We need to try it once more when I'm in rost presence m8 Smile

With Jinkei... well... BAM, BAM - huh? Finished? 5s? Razz Some of it might be down to lvl difference but I was just standing there when he sunk his daggers in my kidneys Razz Not nice Very Happy heheh Very Happy Jinkei - awesome spec Smile And great (but short Razz) fights Smile Again - would love to see if frost presene helps a bit Smile When I was Unholy I was always in frost presence and when I respecced I changed it to blood but it doesn't work as intended Razz I might put my bet on less damage but more survivality Smile

Anyhow - I'd love to see some duell competition Smile Even with level differences we can have it just for fun Very Happy

And Gredeth - SS Very Happy Show me your SS Very Happy
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:11 pm

First and foremost, almost a new smileyrecord in a single post. If I recall correctly, you currently hold the record at 24 smileys and that post had 23. Wink Keep trying mate! Laughing

About that instant heal, you're probably talking about Riptide. As you can see it works like Druids' Regrowth, only without a casting time obviously. I also have the Tidal Waves talent, which procs after Chain Heal and Riptide, making my next HW/LHW faster. The reduced casting time of Lesser Healing Wave is 1,05 seconds, so good luck trying to interrupt that. Smile

Resto shamans' healing is somewhat "tactical" imo. I don't know if tactical is the right word but there's some options available for us. For example after I use Riptide, I can either let the HoT tick or if I desperately need some burst healing, I can follow it up with a chain heal (Chain Heal consumes the HoT effect, healing the rest of the HoT instantly AND the Chain Heal's effect is also increased by 25% thanks to Riptide's buff) and even continue with a 1 sec LHW. Got mah health back Smile Of course this eats a huge chunk of my mana.

I had a look at Death Knights' spells and noticed that you have some attack that removes one HoT effect from the target, guess when you should use it? Exactly, right after you see me using Riptide (it's like I got a bucket full of water poured on me).

Another of my instant heals would involve using Nature's Swiftness followed by a Healing Wave or a Lesser Healing Wave. Usually I don't have enough mana for HW so I must use it on LHW Razz

Oh and another instant heal I have comes from a 5-point talent called Nature's Guardian. Unfortunately it was heavily nerfed, it used to heal.. Was it 30% of the shaman's max hp. Razz Well that won't bother you for long I haven't even noticed it proccing ever so I'm considering respeccing.

Another reason for my respec would be the useless Healing Way talent which makes my HW increase the following HWs' effect by 6% (stacks up to 3 times). Like I'm using HW that much in PvP. Instead I've been thinking about getting Restorative Totems and Mana Tide Totem which would help me by just so damn much. Right now my mana efficiency can only be described with such ugly words that no one should have to hear them.. You've probably noticed I'm always OOM Laughing Maybe it's because I'm unnecessarily wasting my mana too fast? Gotta try a more patient approach tomorrow. Wink

About the screenshots, I've forgotten to take them! Shocked The best shots come from the action itself and that's a bit hard to do, you're always keeping me busy healing Very Happy But I'll try to get some, so everyone can see just what kind of a clash of the titans we're talking about here! I should still have around 300 gb free space on my hard drive so I'll also catch some video footage and upload it on megaupload or rapidshare or something, if anyone wants me to? Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:16 am

Have you lost your pusback too with respecc? I haven't seen it yesterday Razz

This movie idea is awesome Very Happy Would be great to have some pvp movie Very Happy
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:48 am

Have you lost your pushback too

Healing Focus Razz If I put Earth Shield on, the only way to stop my cast is silencing me Very Happy However, I don't have much chances using that until I get some resilience since now I have to heal constantly which drains my mana fast.

I already have the full version of Fraps and Vegas Pro 8.0 so all I need now is the material Smile I even have some good finnish folk metal to go with it! lol! Laughing

I say we head to BGs someday and I take some co-op PvP footage there. Then some duels, hmm.. Some 2v2 in the Gurubashi Arena would be nice! Smile
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:18 am

I had different pushback in mind Razz The one where you kick me away from you Razz
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:07 am

Ah you mean Thunderstorm the 51-point talent in Elemental tree, yes I obviously lost that by speccing resto Wink
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:23 pm

Time for more PvP talk folks!

Today I dueled Nahimana (Buc behind the keyboard), feral spec. Very, very feral. The fights started with a big 4-digit number and ended the same way, I'm talking about Buc's Ravage here. I didn't manage to get the start very often, sometimes got lucky with Fire Nova/Magma totem/Thundestorm. Actually the last seconds were always the most exciting; if Buc gets that Ferocious Bite off I'm gone, if I get that Lava Burst off Buc's gone.

Now on to the mistakes I made and regret:
-Using Thunderstorm before the druid's Cat Charge:
Doing that gets me screwed pretty badly. Being stuck in melee range with a feral druid means I won't be casting anything for a while (1.00 attack speed <3), so my only chance is to keep Lightning Shield up so I can at least deal that ~500 dmg back every once in a while. I also have to add that Buc, you unfortunately became very predictable because you always used that charge as soon as I trinketed the pounce and ran away in ghost wolf form Razz

-Healing too late:
Again, once in melee range, I won't be casting anything fast enough to save myself. On the other hand if I heal too early, I can't do enough damage and the fight will just become a DPS/Heal race which Buc will eventually win.

Can't think of anything else that I'd heavily regret tbh, I'm satisfied with my performance and impressed with Buc's Very Happy Pew pew cat meow bursts, raawr to cut it short. Twisted Evil

I took some screenshots too and I'll try to post them if they would actually work, unlike the last few I posted. WTB more duels soon, Greddy out.

cheers
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:45 am

I love these fights mate Very Happy Still have to work out some tacs for this kitty (I LOVE this feral dps Very Happy) but I had a blast yesterday Very Happy

My charge is predictable, yes - I use it always when you 'push back' me to land Ferocious bite on you Razz Fights were very interesting have to say Very Happy One screw up and one of use was a gonner Very Happy For me it was when you blew off my prowl with totem or when I run into you trying to jump on your back Laughing Without Pounce (1 combo point) stunn and 2-3 opening moves to give me few combo points I stand no chance Razz I can't see any stunn abilities when I'm not prowling and only thing to slow you down is charge... Not sure if there's any stunn ability during fight Sad

Healing for me is a no-go as I have to shape-shift to heal myself which means extra second or two which I don't really have fighting you Razz On the top of this 2.5 or 3s casting time is simply too much Razz Same with war stomp - have to shape-shift to use it so it's another ability which I can't really use Sad Unless I war stomp and heal immediately but it's very risky when our fights were 10-15s each Razz Besides - my healing sucks. Even healing touch will only give me 4k hp back which you just take back with one hit so what's the point? XD

Can't wait to see screenies Razz Was awesome fun as usuall Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:59 am

Yeah well warstomp -> regrowth works really nicely, especially if you have Nurturing Instincts . You the GCD will be gone by the time Warstomp hits me which means you'll be able to heal very quickly, Regrowth's cast time is also enough to make the GCD meaningless so you can pop into your meowDPS form and continue bursting while getting +20% extra healing!

Tbh, you made me want to play a druid alt rather than rogue.. I remembered how fun a druid is to play, not that I don't enjoy my shaman! My inner altoholic is gone, mostly anyway but I won't reroll druid now Very Happy You'll get your healbot when I hit 80 with my shaman, which is sooner than you'll get a new druid in the guild Laughing

Anyways, I'd love to duel some more as we both get our levels a bit higher but now my Auctioneer's scan is almost complete which means powerleveling ->

cat
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down