Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mage tactics in dungeons and raids

3 posters

Go down

Mage tactics in dungeons and raids Empty Mage tactics in dungeons and raids

Post  Leannah Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:05 am

Im not an expert on this subjekt but sins im going to start HC sone i thought i put out some ides on how i thought we could use a mage in dungeons if we want to....Smile

I will have the raid build whit some personal alreation towards AoE.

On bosses its strait forward spanking frostfirebolt, scorge and pyroblast.

On CC the tactic is the same whene the tank start pulling i poly or i polypull. that way the poly stays far away from the fight and potantial AoE´s from other players.

AoE tactics could be like this whene the tank pulls the mage place Flamestrick on the area where the tank will take his stands (this giving some nice DoT`s). Then it would be good if the tank marks some mob for a Living bomb. If this mob then lives for 12 sec he will also give som nice AoE damage so everyone try not to kill him untill then or the end. After this the mage just throw Blizzard whit improved Blizzard damaging and slowing the mobs so the tank easely can control the groups whit AoE aggro thuse decreasing the amount of runners.

Anyhow this is just some ides i hade on the subject hope it can come in handy...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mage tactics in dungeons and raids Empty Re: Mage tactics in dungeons and raids

Post  Gredeth Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:18 am

About slowing the targets: if the tank needs to run after some mob (lost aggro for example, adds etc.) and the rest of the mobs are slowed, the tank can't keep his aggro on those mobs because they can't keep up with the tank and they're out of demoralizing shout/roar, thunder clap etc range.

I noticed that when I was AoE grinding on a mage of mine. I had frost armor on (the slowing one, not sure of the name Razz ) and while pulling, the mobs couldn't keep up with me which resulted in some problems.
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:51 am

Not sure if all tanks are like this, but id rather pull myself and THEN have the mage sheep a mob, other wise if you sheep it first you get the aggro off the rest of the pack and it just makes it slighty more work for the warrior to get aggro on them all before they reach and pewpew you xD

Though saying that, alot of CC is hardly used in WotLK, its sometimes lot quicker to just kill em all xD

as for dps rotations for mages, I am not sure Sad

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down