Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tactics for Icecrown Citadel - Updated 25th November 2009

5 posters

Go down

Tactics for Icecrown Citadel - Updated 25th November 2009 Empty Tactics for Icecrown Citadel - Updated 25th November 2009

Post  Berg Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:31 am

If you have about 30 minutes you don't know what to do with, then I suggest you should take a look at these 3 videos containing 3 boss fights from Icecrown Citadel.. It gives a good overview on the tactics for these bosses:-

I haven't written any comments down on the new videos, but I still think you should take a look at those added 25th November, please note some of these have been posted before. Smile

Link
Link - Added 2nd November 2009
New Link - Added 25th November 2009

My comments:
Sindragosa. First video, which probably is the best because we can hear the players, is a video of Sindragosa fight, think it's 25-man It looks a little bit like the fight with Sapphiron in Naxxramas. Every 1 or 2 minutes (i think) it will fly off and and mindcontrol 4-5 people forcing them to run to the middle where they will be imprisoned in ice cubes.. In order not the be cubed all others in raid should ofc stay away from middle. These ice cubes needs to be destroyed in order to get our mates out. Sindragosa will fire down 4 icey thingys and the raid will have to position itself on the opposite site of the cube than the shots are hitting in order not to wipe. The cubes will ofc have to be dps'ed down before Sindragosa lands, but not before the 4th shot hits the ground, which probably will be a little tricky.
The guys on vent talk about some stacking debuff and people have to slow down a bit, I think (and this is just a guess) that this means you will get a debuff everytime you hit Sindragosa meaning you probably will have to stop dps'ing from time to time in order not to kill yourself..
Also it sounds like some buff needs to be removed from Sindragosa, using Spellsteal, Purge or whatever we have available to do it with. Last thing I noticed was that the entire raid is being dragged to Sindragosa from time to like, a little like Cyndragosa in VH and people should ofc run back to their positions when this happens..

Zeppelin. Second video is from the Gunship/Zeppelin battle. I don't really have much comments on this one except that it looks a little like the "pvp" fight in ToC10/25 and we will be needing a lot of crowd control and kill off the "right" targets first. Also I noticed that the cannons are frozen time to time, however I didn't really catch if this was a hunter's work or someone else or it just kindda happened by itself. Warning! The music in second video might give you a headache Razz

Lady Deathwhisper. Third video is a fight against Lady Deathwhisper. This one looks pretty inspired by Onyxia's Lair. I noticed that the group have some ranged dps attacking the boss all the time, while most of the dps'ers are attacking adds which seems to be spawning from the sides (like the whelps). Tanks are mainly focused on the adds which are being AOE'd down all the time. The boss it self have some sort of shield on her from start, which I don't know what really does except that she's probably not taking as much dmg as she could have. At some point the boss engages into the fight and she must be picked up by tank ofc and then nuked down, however I didn't really get an idea about if she engaged after a certain amount of time, at a certain percentage of health or after killing X number of adds, but since it looks like they always have someone dps'ing her, I'm guessing that it has something to do with health.

Added 2nd November 2009
Valithria Dreamwalker. Fourth video is a healers fight. There's not much to post about this as most of the info are already on the link where the video is, but basicly as I understand it the task is to heal Valithria (Green dragon in video) to 100%. Valithria will start at 50% and adds will keep spawning trying to prevent the healing of Valithria, making the job for tanks and dps'ers to nuke adds and keep them away from healers and Valithria.

Hope you find this information useful at least I found the videos to be very useful and wanted to share them with you.. Smile

Last edited by Berg on Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:37 am; edited 4 times in total
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tactics for Icecrown Citadel - Updated 25th November 2009 Empty Re: Tactics for Icecrown Citadel - Updated 25th November 2009

Post  Buculus Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:00 am

Nice one mate Smile Haven't got chance to see all vids yet but it looks like it's something that will keep us busy for a good while Very Happy I think it will be new Ulduar so to say by which I mean number of bosses and amount of time needed for full clear.
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tactics for Icecrown Citadel - Updated 25th November 2009 Empty Re: Tactics for Icecrown Citadel - Updated 25th November 2009

Post  Berg Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:07 am

New boss video has been posted on MMO-champion, and I've added it to our list here FYI. Smile
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:39 am

Good stuff Tactics for Icecrown Citadel - Updated 25th November 2009 342285
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:12 am

Again Bere nice work... Tactics for Icecrown Citadel - Updated 25th November 2009 342285
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:50 am

Was peeking at the gunship fight and looked all of sidragosa. I must admit looks like loads of fun.

Edit: any idea when itll be realesed?
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:09 am

DOnt realy knowe ...Sad but its on test realsm now so whitine a mounth i would think...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:34 am

Added a link to all videos released so far:

Link
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am

How far away is this patch? Its not relesed today is it?

If so i have some studeing to do...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Berg Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:47 am

Leannah wrote:How far away is this patch? Its not relesed today is it?

If so i have some studeing to do...Smile

I saw a post on worldofraids.com which should be semi-official saying that i would be released either 8th December or 15th December, that's in US so I guess it would be the day after on EU.
Berg
Berg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:06 am

the gunship fight looks awesome ... Very Happy
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down