Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arena team

+3
Gredeth
Buculus
Teshija
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arena team Empty Arena team

Post  Teshija Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:41 am

Who is up for making arena team?

3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5 Question
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Arena team Empty Re: Arena team

Post  Buculus Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:11 pm

me, me Very Happy Pick me Very Happy I'll come on Heavy Very Happy But as you're prot I guess 5vs5 is the best setup for us Very Happy 2vs2 is a no go Razz But we could try 3vs3 as well - might be tough though Razz But we could do it for fun Very Happy
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:50 am

Yea prot is viable now at least for warrirors, In world fights I do Ok even when odds are against sometimes. Well doesnot hurt us to try for 3vs3 weneed one more, what healer or? In case of healer well get Aka to come! Well be invalids but no problem Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:15 am

I'd need to gear up (no resi gear atm but I can craft full set for both of us) and respecc as frost is not the best choice for PvP. Either hybryd build or maybe unholy Smile We could do it for fun Very Happy
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:32 am

Pick me, me, me ,m-...... Oh snap.. Crying or Very sad Why the heck can't I be lvl 80 already *mumble mumble mumble*
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:52 am

Dont worry m8, well still be 80 when you ding Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:49 am

Well looks like its 3 of us guys. Hurry to 80 Gredeth Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:07 am

We have to sort out our resi gear. Other way they'll eat us for breakfast Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:05 am

Well guys I guess its 3 of us then for first doomed arena team!
I only have one question shell we sleep on it till dual specs arrive or start as soon as Greddy dings and we gear up!
Most likley times will overlap!

So I am thinking something along these lines for my build!

And as you put it I am looking to get some gear on. I already found my starting weapons preferably 2 of those nice 2 handed Axes that Loken drops Very Happy
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LVbh0fhZ0xxoxVureoikVo

Mostly trying to have fun with some Titan grip + bleed DOT and reduced healing on targets.
Basicly I am indecisive on using improved berserker rage and piercing howl and putting those 3 talents in dual wield specialization! Comments please.
I would like to stay on dual wield tree since I am more acostumed to that style then arms!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 am

Teshija wrote:Well guys I guess its 3 of us then for first doomed arena team!
I only have one question shell we sleep on it till dual specs arrive or start as soon as Greddy dings and we gear up!
Most likley times will overlap!

So I am thinking something along these lines for my build!

And as you put it I am looking to get some gear on. I already found my starting weapons preferably 2 of those nice 2 handed Axes that Loken drops Very Happy
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LVbh0fhZ0xxoxVureoikVo

Mostly trying to have fun with some Titan grip + bleed DOT and reduced healing on targets.
Basicly I am indecisive on using improved berserker rage and piercing howl and putting those 3 talents in dual wield specialization! Comments please.
I would like to stay on dual wield tree since I am more acostumed to that style then arms!

I'm game for a bash at it too Smile

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:29 am

Nice then we need 1 more for 5 vs 5!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:23 am

Well i never done mutch PvP but what the heck i give it a try....Smile if you have me on trial at first ofc if i suck big time im out...Smile but that will be after the dual spec comes out or when i respec...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:36 am

Well then:
3 vs 3 Team 1. - Gredeth, Heavyhoof, Teshija
5 vs 5 Team 1. - Gredeth, Heavyhoof, Leanah, Temple, Teshija

Well we will all suck at it with possible exception of Heavy and Gredeth who actually dueal and do some PvP!

Was looking at gear Ill need for it and man Ill start farming honor, WG mark this very day lol!
Gonna take me good number of days for starting gear (good thing I have some stone tokens and emblems in stash to get me started) But Ill be much more on VoA and in Wintergrasp for now on especialy in weekends!

So theres a good chance dual specs will catch up with us and I wont have gear for it yet Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Temple Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:51 am

Teshija wrote:Well then:

Well we will all suck at it with possible exception of Heavy and Gredeth who actually dueal and do some PvP!

Was looking at gear Ill need for it and man Ill start farming honor, WG mark this very day lol!
Gonna take me good number of days for starting gear (good thing I have some stone tokens and emblems in stash to get me started) But Ill be much more on VoA and in Wintergrasp for now on especialy in weekends!

So theres a good chance dual specs will catch up with us and I wont have gear for it yet Very Happy

I'm not entirely sure of the mechanics but I think you can make/break Arena teams whenever you like can you not? so theoretically you could form a team with whoever was available - thrash through some Arenas for the evening - and then break the team at the end of the session, is that not a workable possibility?

Temple

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:00 am

Arena team costs to make! So there is no point in breaking the apart and making them again.
Not sure on the prices think it aint so cheap!
However I think there is no limit for you to be in 5vs5 and 3vs3 at the same time.
Dont think you can be in more than one team of the same team number!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:03 am

Temple wrote:
Teshija wrote:Well then:

I'm not entirely sure of the mechanics but I think you can make/break Arena teams whenever you like can you not? so theoretically you could form a team with whoever was available - thrash through some Arenas for the evening - and then break the team at the end of the session, is that not a workable possibility?

Hmm ill see you already making plans to kick me.... Suspect

Ill have you knowe whene in dualing if the opponent stands still whitout attacing me i will win most of the time ... Cool
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:04 am

Teshija wrote:Arena team costs to make! So there is no point in breaking the apart and making them again.
Not sure on the prices think it aint so cheap!
However I think there is no limit for you to be in 5vs5 and 3vs3 at the same time.
Dont think you can be in more than one team of the same team number!

HAHA.... your stuck whit me... Laughing
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:24 am

Temple wrote:Well then:

when you're losing a lot of games at the beginning its workable
but when you start getting some wins you'll want to keep your team for the rating

the costs for making the team are:

2v2 Charter = 80g
3v3 Charter = 120g
5v5 Charter = 200g

ie. 40g per person (per team) for each time you form the team
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:28 am

Hae a look on this one Tesh:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0GzfhZhxboyVureRbkco

I made few changes Smile First of all you'll need tons of AP so Armored to the teath is a must same as +25% to offhand.

The only things I'm unsure of are Improved WH and Unending Fury. You might take all these points and put them in Improved Berserker Stance for 10% more AP Smile

Fury got few nice abilities for PvP Smile TG combined with Deep Wounds is a massive DoT Smile

BTW - I can make full "savage" sets for PvP for plate wearers Smile It's all blue gear but better than PvE stuff to start arenas as resilence is a must Smile We might loose a bit of stam with it but we will gain str (1str=2AP) and tons of resi Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:59 am

I would loose Ww for sure since its mostly good when you have 4 or 5 mobs hitting you in close range at the same time and I doubt that I will have that in PvP enviroment.
Basicla the same with unending fury 10 % is much but WW is practicly usless IMO in PvP, I didnt take that talent for % of making slam instant so thats pointless as well, the only thing left is bloodthirst so dont realy think 5 points spent ina talent that is made for boosting three other talents is useful and Ill realy use it for one.

Next thing I am thinking of is Dual wield spec compared to twohanders spec (ideal both) but which one is realy better than other.

Dont think Ill use tactical mastery much but ill leave it for testing later on!
Also think that 1 point in anger managment is better off in unbrideld wrath (which is lame unless you have all 5 points there)!
Here I loose piercing howl! Sad
So maybe something like this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0G0fhZhxx0EVubeoik0o

I also have some ideas to go heavy in fury tree and leave bleed DoT behind and take up improved whirlvinds and slam, but Ill toy with it some other times, well have some duels to test it all Exclamation
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:00 am

Buculus wrote:
BTW - I can make full "savage" sets for PvP for plate wearers Smile It's all blue gear but better than PvE stuff to start arenas as resilence is a must Smile We might loose a bit of stam with it but we will gain str (1str=2AP) and tons of resi Smile
Isnt this one better if I have emblems for it, its not like I intended to spend them on anything else but mamooth?
http://www.wowhead.com/?itemset=765#screenshots
I am about 80 short which will be no trouble of farming for! And besides I can het some for honor alone, although its a lot of honor Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:32 am

Piercing howl is pretty much a must in PvP imo. A 10 yard snare can be invaluable, trust me. Otherwise it's easy for rogues to stealth right in front of you by staying in the deadzone so you can't intercept them and then reopen again and again and again, I've done it many times (on my 70 rogue ofc, not shaman) Razz
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:44 am

List of all the season 5 sets. The savage sets are a good start.

http://www.wowhead.com/?itemsets&filter=ta=24

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:50 am

Well one of the questions bothering me is my rage generation, so Ill ned to have a few tryouts of my specs befor we venture in arenas for real.
Other option I have for that link I build is taking out 5 points in ubridled wrath and dividing them 2 in improved berserker rage (20 rage), 2 in improved bloodrage which will give me 30 rage instad of 20 and one in piercing howl!

So all in all Ill have 50 rage with these abilities over 1 minute!
By some calculus I found on wowhead 5 points in unbrideld wrath gains 39 rage per minute on dualwield with slow weapons which is practicly same as improved berserker rage but you dont have to worry of keeping it up all the time!
So the end amounts to 50 rage per minute on Improved bllod and berserker rage + pircing howl versus 39 rage - piercing howl (and activating berserker only when needed).

Think those 5 will disperse over 3 talents in the end!

EDIT: damn seems I cant go around and dispersetalents like that so I'n the end I Cant put any into improved blood rage so question is better to pu 2 into unbrideld wrath (lame IMO) or 2 in booming voice (also lame but longer duration means less rage spent on it and less time spent howling). Realy dont think those 2 points in unbrideld will save my but so looks like this now:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0G0fhZGx0oEVureoik0o

This is other more fury based option on whirlwinds, bloodthirst and instant slams (dont think Ill use it at first go):

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LVZhxxoEVureRikAo
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Gredeth Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:21 am

You have to remember that you'll also get rage from being hit.

Oh and I had to ask you this earlier but I forgot: how would you like the idea of dueling each other first to practice and to get some insight into each other's fighting from each other? It would be tremendous help, imo!
Gredeth
Gredeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next