Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend Raides

+2
Teshija
Leannah
6 posters

Go down

Weekend Raides Empty Weekend Raides

Post  Leannah Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:23 am

So what weekend raids do we have planed and at what time...Smile?

I have no CD on any 10 man raides...Smile And i prefer playing att the morning and during the day. I can start as early at 09:00 server time...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Weekend Raides Empty Re: Weekend Raides

Post  Teshija Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:34 am

Well as for me I am ready to do any of them Very Happy
Saturday maybe a bit later 11 to noonish, but sunday I think I am free all day. As Aka pointed out I am a bit sick of heroics and I need to farm for money. But regardless of my sickness of them I will return to tanking to you guys as soon as I streghten up my money back up a bit. Fortunatly I put all my bank out to AH and pulled up 1k gold, and now I am empty on alchemy products I need, so today will most probably again be farming/dailyes and maybe one run in regular with Kitch/temple/sylv/gred if I get around to it Very Happy
Well back to topic we can easily pull VoA 10 or Sart 10. The only question remaining is wheather or not we will aim for Spider wing and maybe 2 bosses in Plague. Sadly dont think Buc is gonna be there to support us due to his computer issues...... Spider wing should be easy since we got tacts laid down now, also 2 bosses in plague IMO but lets wait what others have to say!

But all of this leads to pugging 2 or 3 players again and the chance the loot will be grabbed under our noses....
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:10 am

I'm also up for starting a bit earlier over the weekends, starting at 11 don't leave much time for me to play.
And I will not be able to do raiding this sunday, need to head out a bit earlier. Crying or Very sad

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:28 am

Well if we decide on VoA 10 and Sart 10 only, then thats not a big deal since both are short Very Happy
So I suggest we try and get together around 10.30 -11.00 and then hit the road. Hoping I will be able to log on by then Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:47 am

SIR YES SIR reporting for duty SIR... Smile

hehe sounds good Tes and then we see if we make a run at Naxx on sunday...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:56 am

I'm not going to beable to raid in the morning - I run in the morning, plus with selection coming up i can't miss a day. pale
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:59 am

You go on your run m8 we cant probably hit ti on without you anyway, since no way in hell I am going in Nax with 2 pug healers! So lets just start grouping up and decide when we all get online Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:56 am

Sure mate´s we can take it a bitt later... Smile a ealy morning run was just a sugestion and if it dont work for everyone we just do it normal time or there about...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:52 am

I am affraid I'll have to pass here Sad I formatted my HD, put new XP Proffesional on my laptop and reinstalled WoW but my latency is all the same. Logged on around midnight yesterday when I finished with new system and I got hit by 1.2k ms straight away Sad

Another bad news is my new ISP might not be able to connect me to 7MB broadband untill begining of March Sad

I went to 25 man VoA and OS the other day but my game was freezing on every encounter and I got DCed few times... Then I went into some 5 man instances with Kitchi and Temple and it wasn't any better - huuuge delays, lags, DCs and so on Sad Poor Temple was bit busy keeping us all up when I was getting DCed every now and then ^^ I guess pugging 25 man is not that bad as 1 DPS slacking / getting DCed won't be much of an issue there but in 10 man it's a different story altogether and we need full DPS to clear wings in Naxx Sad

I'm still chasing up my current ISP to improve my latency but it doesn't look promissing atm. Not sure what happened as it was never that bad before Sad Even questing is a poblem as I'm getting DCed fighting mobs and so on Rolling Eyes

I'll keep you updated if it gets any better but for now even 5 man runs are pain in the hole... Sad
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:59 am

OK guyses weekend is cuming up and we should get something going!
VoA, OS and Nax 10 man await us!
Post your times and wishes for suterday/sunday so we can accomodate all of us and we could get a guild run going.......
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:58 am

Well i have as usually a lot of work to do and i have a housewarming party on friday but i say the usuall time works for me (saturday and sunday morning to midday and maybee the night as well)...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:17 am

I *may* not beable to to play over the weekend / friday due to some comp problems and that my bro is using my comp for his programming / editing work.
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:32 pm

I will also not be able to make it this weekend for raids, Saterday is gonna be out for me, maybe only late in the evening and I might be on sunday morning for a while.

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Zushenk Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:01 am

so when are we raiding, if we are?

Zushenk

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:13 am

Hmm it looks a bit dark but i will be online saturday and sunday morrning...Smile But if you have the chanse to go on frieday night or anyother time dont stop on my account...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:38 am

Well my parents have decided to drop in this weekend and have a longer stay, so I cant promise anything for the weekend. Will be online some time but just cant say when... Sad
There is always an option if we all meet online by accident we can pick up our stuff and go Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:09 am

i guess that is always an opption...Smile So i will wait untill saturday morrning to do some raides but after that i might be locking for some pug just this time... Embarassed
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:10 am

After ours epic fail yestrday (hehe) with Pugs various Offtanks and one nice DK guy we should get this to some kinda end today. If we manage to group up!

But we no know that Temple can hold his own in raids (will be even easier for him next time if he gets some new gear), and thats a good thing we learned yestrday.
Now there is good enough number of us in guild for 10 mans (Me, Sil, Aka and Temple, Zu, Heavy, Kitchi, Lea, Kolxa, Twila). We just have to find 1 day a week we can all be there for 3 or 4 hours and raid together as we should Very Happy
Gear wise I think about now its all the same who will be MT or OT between me and Sil, Temple should have role of MT healer and he still needs some pieces, and only one left to gear up better is Kitchi!
So guys lets talk about weekend times we can pull something together. That 11 server time proved to be more or less ok for all. And when we have all tacts laid down we should strom throught 10 man content in those 3 hours. Just all say the time its good for them so we can think of something. I can pretty much be ready for anytime on weekends, how about you guys?
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:49 am

Yeah Weekends morrnings and days would be best for me....Smile but i can make some runs on weekdays alsaw but if so later on...Smile.
The time for me is not realy a problem if i knowe ahead of time whene we will raid i usaly dont have a problem rearanging things to fitt my schedual...Smile.

We hade a good discusion on this yesterday on vent and we came to the conclution that i would be good if we started making some kind of a roll call for raids. Ofc i think we never should force pepoul to play but if you want to play and say so on a "roll call" then atleast to some degree the other players should be able to count on you showing up...Smile. This way we knowe ahead of time how many will showe up and we have enough for a raid...Smile And whene we become to many for 10 man raids we make some kind of fair system of handeling it....Smile This will prevent use from (excuse the blunt expretion) "waste" time standing around waiting for Pugs or members...Smile

The hard thing her is to find a time that works for everybodey or at least to most of use so maybee a fixt time every week that can be changed a bit from week to week if needed. But tha main thing imo is that we have some kind of deadline for the "roll call" so you knowe maybee a day ahead if ther will be "go" or "no go" for raid and that will give those of use that wants to raid some time to fine other groups to join.

So what i guess im saying is that i think we should still be casuall guild in the way that you play how mutch you want and whenever you want no pressure (exept you Temp and Kitch... gear up and stop slacking...Smile ). But if you want to raid (again when ever you deside you want to raid), you sine up on the "roll call" that week and then at least to some extent we can count on you showing up. So no more "lets se how many showes up" its either "go" or "no go" for guild runs ahead of time. In this aspect i think we have to become more of a hard core guild and demand some sort of dedication and prioraty for raiding. But again as i sad before no pressure for anyone to raid but if you deside to raid one week one time for a fixt say 3-4 hours the rest of the guild should be able to count on you beeing ther...Smile Ofc ther might always be exeptions and you can garenti you bee ther to a 100 % but at least to about 90% so to say...Smile

At least this is my opinion and you all have to say what you think...Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:50 am

You can blame me for yesterday epic fail on second boss... After raid I've done some reading and watched few vids (here are some gret vids at the bottom of the page http://www.wowwiki.com/Grand_Widow_Faerlina ) and I just forgot about one thing... we have to kill Worshipers when boss is close to them... when they die they do some kind of AoE effect that removes enrage from boss for 60s... And it is DPS race as we have only 4 Worshipers to avoid enrage 4 times. When last Worshipper is down we must take her down in next 60s or prepare ourselves for her enrage (btw - we can survive enrage and it's nicely shown on one vid as there's achievement for not using Worhipers and having her enraged during whole fight). Anyway - everything was cool but this twat Heavyhoof should have remembered that you need to kill this adds very close to the boss or it won't work...

Basically we can use Worhippers in 2 ways:

1. Check enrage timer and kill when boss is just about to enrage but this will delay enrage for 30s only
2. First second after she gets enraged kill add and remove enrage from boss for 60s

O course for achievement we just leave Worshipers alive and let her enrage and tanks have to switch between them to take the beating (shield block, shield wall, etc) and DPSs have to nuke down as hard as they can.

Anyway - that's what was wrong yesterday.

As to the riding times... for me probably evenings are best. I usually have some stuff to do in the morning over the weekend so not 100% sure if I'll be around for raid in the morning/early afternoon (apart from weekend when Nahi is away).

Another thing is we should add few rules to our guild rules:

1. All members attending raids MUST have Ventrillo installed. You don't have to talk if you don't like it but you have to be able to listen to us. Story end of.

2. All members attending raids MUST have DBM addon (Deadly Boss Mods) installed to see timers on different phases and time their attacks/moves properly.

3. All members attending raids MUST know tactics (theory). You have to do some reading and watch some movies before you come to the raid to have a better idea of whats going to happen. Great tactics explanation can be found at www.wowwiki.com and www.tankspot.com (movies as well)

4. All members attending raids MUST have enough food/water, flasks, potions, arrows/bullets and other consumables.

5. All members attending raids should be online 15min before agreed start time to allow for summoning/flying over to the instance to start on time.

These 5 things will make our lives much, much easier in raids and will boost our runs big time time wise. Especially DBM which shows all timers on boss cool downs/attacks in raids/HCs. It's very handy as you can prepare yourself beforehand and react on time instead of waiting for this what's going to happen. Knowing tacs and being on Vent should be a MUST for everyone coming to the raid. It's not hard to install DBM and even easier with Vent. As I said - you don't like to talk? You don't have to. Just listen to us and we're golden.

With raiding times - I really think we should try to START on agreed hour and not log in, mess around and start 30min later when everyone's ready as it is at the moment. If you can't log on earlier prepare yourself on the day before. You can even fly over and log out at meeting stone.

These are my thoughts Smile I hope they won't be 'fun killers' to anyone Smile It just should make our runs more efficient time wise Smile

We also need to find some way to recruit new members but this is diffeent story altogether...
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:08 am

Well I can just as well take the fall on that boss since it was my job to bring her closer, which I did but aperantly not close enough Very Happy
On other stuff I agree, the vent, the reading, etc,.....

New members recruitment thread is on the way Aka posted it, I mean the thread on it!

As for raiding times I think weekends are good for all, more or less times are only stuff we should work around there. Remember we can break it down to 2 times x 2 hours if it is easier on people.

Go and No go, yes thats a good method but for that people should be counted on forums.
On monday people can write and say if they can go or not. If they can go we can work around hours we are gonna go. And it should be closed down by friday morning so we can get our asses in gear by sutarday.
Dont think this is gonna make us any less casual then usual, it will only make our lives much easier. We all want to do runs and this is the easiest way to go about it. And no one is gonna get frowned upon becouse he/she cant go on that raid. We'll farm Hcs instead do some silly mount runs, farm for GB, duel, there are options especialy with the dual spec coming up soon, and ofc there is always puggin!
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:54 am

Totally agree with both of you - Weekend morning is good for me.
Once we get the recuitment add sorted out all we need is an average day/time for everyone and then we can whack up a sticky like this ont he raid forums:

" February 21st, saturday, 9:00 server time.

Post if you can go and a spot will be allocated to you. If you need to back out or don't know yet, please post your desicion atleast 1 day before the raid day. So that others can take your place.

MT: Teshija
OT: Silahco
DPS: Zushenk
DPS: Twila
DPS: Leannah
DPS: Kolxa
DPS: Heavyhoof
DPS: Kitchi
H: Temple
H: Akaris

Remember - Pots and food are all craftable in-guild! Ask in guild chat for details!

* Imagine its thursday *

Tanks: Filled
DPS: Filled
Healers: 1 spot open, Akaris had to drop out. Please post by friday if you can come or we'll pug one.

alien
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:18 am

First of all like to add that i take no responsabilety for the second boss whipe i did it perfecly i even toppt the dps and most important i lookt good whils doing it... *beming whit pryde*.... Very Happy

Hehe all kiding aside i think that are great rules Buc however i like to add that even if everyone trys to live up to this rules its ok to fail on them from time to time i meen you dont have to leave the raid group just because you didnt realyse we would be doing a boss you havent read up on or that vent just cracht on you....Smile Your still welcomme to raid. BUT the important thing is that this is exeptions not rules...Smile.

I think the vent part is the most important thing it will make raiding so mutch easyer....and as Buc sad you dont have to talk just sitt ther and lisen its graet fun and evantualy you will want to join we always have fun in there.... (well maybee not Temp...Smile )...... and we dont want what happend to Akaris yesterday happen to you..... Very Happy. We did a nexus HC run and it went like this. Me on vent "ok this is not working we call it a day and teleport to Dala" .... a score of "yes yeah etc" ...... portal was put up and we all whent in.......Then 30 sec later on the party chat.... "akaris: Why are you guys in dala"....Smile.
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down