Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Looting Rules

5 posters

Go down

Guild Looting Rules Empty Guild Looting Rules

Post  Temple Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:16 am

The looting rules.

Guys and girls, after some deliberation the management have decided that a post is required so that everyone is clear on what our looting rules are, they are basically pretty simple although might take a wee bit of getting used to initally:

1. Stuff you don't want/bags already full
    For stuff you don't want or your bags are already full - hit pass, no-one will ever get upset if you pass on an item

2. Greens (BOE)
    Apart from the above rule, everyone should hit 'greed' on greens, if it's an item that you can use and would like to have - ask the person who won the greed for it, unless they need it too the winner should hand it over. Nice and simple.

3. Blues (and those rare BOP greens)
    Blues should *ALWAYS* be *PASSED* on. When everyone has passed, those people who can use or need the item perform a '/roll 100' - the peson who has the highest roll can loot the item.

The reason for this is three-fold:

• In the heat of battle people don't have (and arguably shouldn't have) time to check out the stats etc of whatever blue turns up demanding attention, get used to hitting pass early and sort out the loot after everyone has survived the fight.

• Once you get used to hitting pass when a blue box pops up, there becomes far less likelihood for accidentally hitting the wrong option. Remember - a green can be traded if you hit pass on a green you'd like, but hitting greed/need by accident on a blue is irreversible....

• It makes loot distribution more fair and a total no-brainer, trust me on this - when you get into the habit of it, it'll become obvious and second nature.

If an item isn't really of use to anyone in the party you have a couple of choices - I'll leave the decision for which up to the party concensus....

1. If there is a high enough level Disenchanter in the party, all roll on the item, the highest roll wins - the Disenchanter takes the item, DE's it and the mats go to the highest roller.
  2. If there is a high enough level Disenchanter in the party, let him have the item to DE and put the mats in the guild bank for guild enchants
  3. If there no Disenchanter, the highest ranking member gets the item, vendors the item and the money goes into guild funds.

At this early stage of our guild-life and instancing, on the odd occasion that a purple turns up - we will *for now* treat purples as blues. However this may change later on - a subsequent post regarding rules for purples will then be posted.

Above all, guys - we're all adults here, have some consideration for your guildmates if there's ever any contention. We should be big enough and ugly enough to work out the best way forward.

To recap:

Green: GREED
Blue: PASS
Purple: PASS (for now).

Get into the habit of hitting pass early on, you will be loved for it Smile

Perspyro - Ice-Block Mage Extraordinaire

Temple

Back to top Go down

Guild Looting Rules Empty Re: Guild Looting Rules

Post  Rawrrz Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:04 am

Why not just use master looter? :<

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:24 am

Rawrrz wrote:Why not just use master looter? :<

Because you'll end up in the same spot with people doing /roll to get item Smile Besides you have to set up treshold there and if you won't set it up for greens then everyone will be looting greens from corpses without roll and if you set it up at green then you'll have to distribute greens among players as well Smile This system is quicker and easier if you get use to it Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:29 am

Its so hard to just click masterlooter?
and set the treshold to blue, so then the greens go out normally, its alot easier and quicker than the this system, thats why blizzard brought it out, so people dont have to use this system lol Neutral

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:44 am

Gota agree with Rawrrz :>

Greens are realy just vendor trash. Most of the time they can't be sold for much or used.
( Remeber that they sell for several gold in Outlands, and quests will, almost definetly, replace any greens ).

I mean if we have a DE'er its generaly decided that they DE useless blue stuff. Because thats where they get the expensive/most need mats from.

Greens will be dust or useless shards.

Master looter, i think, would be easyier. Set it to blue and away you go.

Blue - Need/Greed - Master looter sends it to the winner. Can't be ninja'ed.
Green - Greed - Simple. Who argues over greens? Or if we have a DE'er and we'd rather then have mats, then fine, DE.
Purple - Need - ONLY if you can use it. Simple. Anyone who can't use it or " Sry miss click " = Ninja. Simple.
I'm gona hope that no one in the guild would do that. But thats generaly how i've experienced guild/pug runs.
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Rawrrz Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:48 am

Akaris wrote: Anyone who can't use it or " Sry miss click " = Ninja.

and that cant even happen with masterlooter, where as it could with this system, alot more easier aswell as they would be the only one rolling.

I am not saying anyone in the guild would tbh, but masterlooter system is alot quicker and easier to use (:

Rawrrz

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:54 am

Rawrrz wrote:
Akaris wrote: Anyone who can't use it or " Sry miss click " = Ninja.

and that cant even happen with masterlooter, where as it could with this system, alot more easier aswell as they would be the only one rolling.

I am not saying anyone in the guild would tbh, but masterlooter system is alot quicker and easier to use (:

Spot on. Simply can't get any easyier.
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Anaplian Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:53 am

Rawrrz wrote:and set the treshold to blue, so then the greens go out normally

Do they? Someone put master looter (blue) on a few days ago, and if someone looted something and got a green, I never saw any rolls and they just kept it.
Anaplian
Anaplian

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:08 am

Rawrrz & Akaris - why don't you try this system first? Smile Have you ever tried it before? Smile I was sceptic about it myself when Perspyro introduced it month ago or so but it turned out to work very well. Technically master looter might be quicker but then some people would like to get some of the green stuff as well and treshold on blues will distribute greens without roll (person who loots corpse simply gets it).

We all know how master looter works so we might try this system now as I found it more friendly and we used to have loads of fun during the rolls Smile Is it really that hard to hit 'pass' everytime blue item comes up on the screen? Very Happy
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Akaris Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:31 am

I'll use any system thats used by the rest, either way i don't mind tbh. I was just being constructive ( Or trying to be Razz ).

But sure, any system that's easyier to use is all good. Cool
Akaris
Akaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down