Doomed Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thaddius tactic

5 posters

Go down

Thaddius tactic Empty Thaddius tactic

Post  Leannah Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:20 am

I found this pic and did some rewright to make it fit our tactics

Thaddius tactic Thaddius2

First of all, all (dps, tank, Healers... all) Stay inside the yellow circels. The ones whit the + debuff on the rightside and - debuff on the left side (you will se this debuff where your debuffs usaly are showen in my cas just bellow my buffs). Whene he dose his polarity shift (he will start casting and ther will be a warning) and if and ONLY if your polarity shifts (It might not shift it might stay - or +) you run to the other side of him in a clockwise motion. So when you run to the other side always run on the LEFT side of him...Smile.

Other then that just tank and spank and remamber to jump from the platforms down to thaddius (if you run of you will fall into the green gue) tanks first. At first let the tank position thaddius in the middle (so no DPS) and wait for the polarety debuff to come. When it dose run to the side designated above (+ on the right side of thaddius and - on the left side of him loking from the entrens) and stac CLOSE together...Smile.

If you for any reson dropps in to the gren gue you have to swim back and jump agin but before jumping in to the fight WAIT for the debuff to hit you and the run as fast as you can to the side designated above (+ on the right side of thaddius and - on the left side of him loking from the entrens).

And the last thing is that the 2 mobs (that we need to kill befor the fight whit Thaddius) on the platformes will have to go down togheter or they will resp....Smile

I think this is all plz tell me if i got somthing wrong or if i forgot anything....Smile
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thaddius tactic Empty Re: Thaddius tactic

Post  Buculus Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:30 am

That's about it Smile It should be easy fight Smile

Main things to keep in mind:

1. Jump from platform (not run but jump) and then run to the boss but DO NOT attack him. Tanks should jump first and aggro and we should jump just after them and stand in front of boss.

2. Let tanks get aggro

3. Wait for polarity debuff

4. Change sides (- to the left of the room and + to the right) and stay CLOSE to each other

5. Nuke

6. Change sides clockwise on polarity change ONLY if your polarity has changed running CLOCKWISE around the boss.

7. Loot, move on.

Our screw ups were as follows:

1. Jumping down before tanks and aggroing boss (instant death for some dpss)

2. Running into each other on polarity change AT START (some didn't run clockwise and clockwise running applies at the very start as well)

3. Groupping on two sides of boss (at start) instead of in front of him which would make taking appropriate sides easier/quicker avoiding the risk of running on the 'wrong' side

That's how it looks to me anyway Smile
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Twila Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:37 am

Buculus wrote:

*cough*
Embarassed
Twila
Twila

Back to top Go down

Post  Silahco Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:37 am

Nice explanation there and not that hard to do. I think we pretty much got it right last night, once we understood the swopping polarity / running part, just a pitty we lost a couple of people in the begining that hampered our dps, but I think next run we should be able to get him down.

Silahco

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:43 am

Yeah that looks good buc...Smile

One more thing i forgot to mention the rotation (clocwise) is so that - and + never be ner each other. If it happens though and its fast its not a problem the rotation is there so if ther is a latency problem a - will never be inte position of a + and wise versa...Smile

So my point is even if you happen to run the wrong way just keep going as if nothing happens chanses are you and we will be fine either way.... But the rotaion is ther for good meshure and should be followed just to be on the safe side....Smile

There are some videos out ther where they just changes sides whitout any rotation but thats risky and can easely be fixt whit this "clockwise rotation"
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buculus Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:59 am

Leanah1 wrote:
There are some videos out ther where they just changes sides whitout any rotation but thats risky and can easely be fixt whit this "clockwise rotation"

It's possible I think because when polarity changes you are left with 'neutral' charge for few s before you'll get your plus or minus debuff (or so I think after yesterday run). There are these red (for plus) or blue (for minus) circles going from top to bottom of you when you get your polarity set. It looks like you are 'charged' then. When I was running yesterday I've seen that just after I changed sides these circles appeared for 2 or 3s (they dissapear straight after) 'setting' my polarity for good if you know what I mean. I think you don't get + or - straight away so that might be the reason for people changing sides without rotation. It's risky though because if you are not quick enough your polarity might set on you while you are still running and bump into other player who was late on sides change. Clockwise motion is just to always stay on the safe side.

I might be wrong with this 'neutral' polarity for few s but that was my impression after yesterday's run. I have a feeling that I was getting full debuff only after these red/blue circles appeared on me and dissapeared after 2-3s to set it for good.

Anyhow - I think we should stick to clockwise motion and if it happens someone will mess up chances are nothing will happen as long as he'll get to the other side quick enough.
Buculus
Buculus
Admin

https://doomedriders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teshija Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:32 am

Well all of this is true, we only need to be a bit quicker on our toes just as we learned on Heingun. We got that one and that one is way harder to learn.

One more thing dont think you guys mentioned it above so, sorry if you did, might have missed it.

When your polarities changes your screen flashes, then you run clockwise, if it does not flash you stay where you are. I had it easy I was mainly on + side yestrday had to run onla 4 times I think! Very Happy
Teshija
Teshija

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:14 am

What you guys are saying is true...Smile

Heavy - yeah there is some time to change otherwhise we would whipe on the first shift sins some shifts and some dont...Smile but i never thought about the blue red thing i have to keep an eye on thet..Smile

Tesh - Good tipp....Smile I mostly look at the my "adds timer" end whene ther is 2 sec left i stair at the debuff marker and if it change then im off...Smile

BTW i accualy think its my mage adds thats warns me of the bosses sins it differ from what i remember of the DBM adds. If you like to check it out its mage fever and mage alert. Although i might be misstaken and its possible i have change to a never version of DBM. However i see all the timer for every cd the boss have on the right side off my screen and when its a few seconds left it moves down to the center of my screen....Smile its realy good
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leannah Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:17 am

Twila wrote:
Buculus wrote:

*cough*
Embarassed

"Sack of bones down, we have a sack of bones down"....Smile

Well i should not be so coucy mor ofen then not its "fabolus mage down, we have a fabolus mage down"
Leannah
Leannah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down